REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #1376
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec98 View Post
It was for that much thumper, now its 150 with free shipping.
i guess you have a US address because it's not free shipping with my canadian home address.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #1377
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
i guess you have a US address because it's not free shipping with my canadian home address.
Oops,,forgot about my american mail box in blaine
v_tec98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #1378
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Hey guys, anyone have $1700USD to spare on a super rare NSX model?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281468999715?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_957wt_1105
LOL.....
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #1379
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

1 18 Honda NSX Type R NA2 Mark Extremely RARE No Autoart Mr Limited Sold Out JDM | eBay

LOL.....
LOOL might become more rare
Old 10-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #1380
Witness protection

Quote:

1 18 Honda NSX Type R NA2 Mark Extremely RARE No Autoart Mr Limited Sold Out JDM | eBay

LOL.....
http://posthobby.com/original/m-nsx_kit/index.html (note: the page hasn't been updated in years)

mark's is the best of the best for resin models. this was a $400usd model back in the day (2013 exchange rates?), so it's not a $20 maisto we are talking about, or even an autoart signature series. only 150 exist and i think there will be no reissues for this color (not 100% sure because one of the diecast message boards says othewise)... i am not sure of this price because they never come up for resale. probably something only an nsx owner or hardcore collector could understand or appreciate.

.... at least shipping is free. hopefully not economy at that price.

i remember there being a black one as well... can't find any info on it at the moment.

if you are good with google translations or know japanese go here for more info about the company: http://posthobby.com/
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 10-16-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #1381
Witness protection

egh, here is the black one:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/posthobby/4981932041261/

december 2014 release date. better update your xmas wish lists now?

Last edited by thumper; 10-16-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #1382
Witness protection

wilkinsons fall sale is here:

Quote:
* Excludes items ADDED NEW after August 31st 2014

If you are in the Vancouver area come on down to the store at 2531 Ontario Street for discounts of 20 - 60%

Examples of in-store discounts

1:43 scale models - 25% off
Select Porsche models - 40% off
Books - 25% off
Select 1:18 scale models 30% - 50% off

Select Hot Wheels and Matchbox - 30% off

Select Ferrari Clothing - 50% off
Select Corgi and Dinky models - 30% off
Sales Brochures - 20% off
Select Automobile Quarterly publications - 70% off
Select art work - upto 40% off
Vintage magazines - 50% off

Can't get to the store? we also offer 20% off web site orders. Use the online shopping cart and use coupon HEMI at checkout

Sale excludes items ADDED NEW after August 31st 2014, already sale-priced items, Special orders, new releases, items on hold, and new magazines.

Sale discounts can't be combined with coupons or any other discounts.
Sale applies to in stock items only.

Thank you

www.eAutomobilia.com
Tel (604) 873 6242

Last edited by thumper; 10-16-2014 at 06:04 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #1383
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
wilkinson's fall sale is here:

Not sure if anyome has noticed but Wilkinson havnt sold their AUToart r33 LM for quite some time.. worth getting?
Old 10-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #1384
Performance Moderator

Quote:
MARK 1/18 HONDA NSX-R NA2 キット (note: the page hasn't been updated in years)

mark's is the best of the best for resin models. this was a $400usd model back in the day (2013 exchange rates?), so it's not a $20 maisto we are talking about, or even an autoart signature series. only 150 exist and i think there will be no reissues for this color (not 100% sure because one of the diecast message boards says othewise)... i am not sure of this price because they never come up for resale. probably something only an nsx owner or hardcore collector could understand or appreciate.

.... at least shipping is free. hopefully not economy at that price.

i remember there being a black one as well... can't find any info on it at the moment.

if you are good with google translations or know japanese go here for more info about the company: POST HOBBY--ポストホビーウェブサイト

Believe me I know all about the model haha but it's still ridiculous. The Zanardi Ebbro was way more limited and hard to get (had to buy areal NSX!) and those trade in the $700-800 range.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #1385
Witness protection

agreed... for that price i would be too scared to even display it, including the leather box

almost makes the red autoart nsx look like a bargain?

almost...

have you seen the ebbro model in person? i haven't, but i met an nsx owner who had one and he told me it was kind of a disappointment, maybe because of it's 1/43 scale

Last edited by thumper; 10-16-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #1386
Performance Moderator

It's the same as all the other Ebbro's of that generation basically so yah they're not the best... Wheels are inside wheel wells quite a bit and sits funny doesn't look expensive at all haha
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #1387
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
I think the links do work.. so maybe its just you, and if you already know you want a model then ordering online from a site like amazon should not be an issue. Seeing a model '3' times in person is if youre on the fence about a model.
It's not about seeing the model 3 times. It's getting to choose the best one out of the 3 same ones that is the difference. If Thumper had a choice about his R34 from Ignition. He wouldn't be complaining about the model. Same thing with 68style.

I have been lucky enough that everytime I am in Hk. New models come out that I can pick between batches to find the perfect one. You'll be surprised how bad some models are when they get shipped to the stores.
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #1388
Performance Moderator

Likewise, I got screwed on 2 out of my 3 AutoArt NSX Type-R's with the backwards seats/seatbelt issue
Old 10-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #1389
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Kodamu View Post
It's not about seeing the model 3 times. It's getting to choose the best one out of the 3 same ones that is the difference. If Thumper had a choice about his R34 from Ignition. He wouldn't be complaining about the model. Same thing with 68style.

I have been lucky enough that everytime I am in Hk. New models come out that I can pick between batches to find the perfect one. You'll be surprised how bad some models are when they get shipped to the stores.
Thanks for explaining, i am fairly new at all this, started in December 2013, have about 15 models all JDM except my kyosho 750li.. just never really understood why its cheaper online than local, but then again i realized 2 of the same models side by side can be very different.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #1390
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Likewise, I got screwed on 2 out of my 3 AutoArt NSX Type-R's with the backwards seats/seatbelt issue
Does autoart do anything about it?
Old 10-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #1391
Witness protection

Quote:

yeah. it's difficult when there is no one selling it locally (wilkinsons didn't even know what ignition model was until i emailed them a link to their website, but there is only one distributor in the US so it's not worth it), but it's compounded further when what i'm after is only in limited numbers, so choices are few.

someone on another message board who used to retail cautioned that there are unscrupulous sellers on ebay who only sell leftovers and rejects that have some sort of issue with them. they dump them cheap at auction and the disappear when the complaints start to rack up. so pay close attention to the seller ratings and see how long they have been around before buying.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #1392
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Does autoart do anything about it?
Funny you ask, I actaully emailed AutoArt about it on 2 different occasions and I got absolutely no response........... not even a "Thanks for your email" type of thing.

I love their models for the most part, but I'm not so sure about some aspects of their operation these days.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #1393
Witness protection

Quote:
Funny you ask, I actaully emailed AutoArt about it on 2 different occasions and I got absolutely no response........... not even a "Thanks for your email" type of thing.

I love their models for the most part, but I'm not so sure about some aspects of their operation these days.
me too. they never answer back. your only recourse is with the retailer you bought it from. one of my autoart porsches had messed up tampo graphics. i had bought it from wilkinsons but failed to check it while in the store. i brought it back the next day and ted replaced it right away

on a side note, i bought a car made by GMP on ebay and sadly it had a broken seat. the ebay seller said no returns as-is in his auction so he suggested contacting GMP directly. i emailed them about it and attached a pic of the damage and asked if there was anything that could be done (i was not asking for a replacement). to my surprise they sent me a replacement seat on their dime. they told me they keep returns or damaged inventory for spare parts so that when someone like me comes crying they can help. but now GMP is gone... a victim of the poor US economy

Last edited by thumper; 10-17-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #1394
I am Hook'd on RS

Atleast auto art has their models on their website with price and availability unlike kyoshoLOL
Old 10-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #1395
Witness protection

i've stopped buying kyosho. i have some that are more than 5 years old and all of them now have paint issues, even the ones still in the box, whereas i have 15 year old autoarts that haven't changed. disappointing
Old 10-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #1396
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
look on diecast exchange...i believe that forum has autoart e-mail contacts that responds to missing parts.

Quote:
i've stopped buying kyosho. i have some that are more than 5 years old and all of them now have paint issues, even the ones still in the box, whereas i have 15 year old autoarts that haven't changed. disappointing
pics? i'm seriously considering the kyo f40

Quote:
It's not about seeing the model 3 times. It's getting to choose the best one out of the 3 same ones that is the difference.
so is this common practice for B&M stores to let you pick and choose or only cause you're a repeat/loyal customer? It's like letting the rest of the customers get leftovers...

Last edited by twitchyzero; 10-17-2014 at 03:23 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #1397
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

sorry crappy phone pic i don't know if you can see the paint blistering on the hood... all my kyoshos are like that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141017_170144.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20141017_170258.jpg (82.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #1398
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
look on diecast exchange...i believe that forum has autoart e-mail contacts that responds to missing parts.

so is this common practice for B&M stores to let you pick and choose or only cause you're a repeat/loyal customer? It's like letting the rest of the customers get leftovers...

Or their in store customer get the best pick the left overs are auction off online or sold for cheaper?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #1399
I am Hook'd on RS

How about minichamps?
Old 10-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #1400
I am Hook'd on RS

Got the matte white!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapchat--7990032132391001754.jpg (93.1 KB, 0 views)
This post thanked by: