REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 10-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Accenture Interview Tips

I applied to Accenture for the Technology Consulting Analyst position through Coop up at SFU.

I have heard that generally the first interview is a behavioural interview to see if you are a decent fit. The next round would be a case interview possibly in a group, and the last stage would be with someone senior or a partner in the firm.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview? This is my first REAL interview, and i'm nervous as hell. I've done my research and for the first round, everyone is saying to just answer everything using SAR (Situation, action, response).
Advertisement
Strzelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strzelec View Post
I applied to Accenture for the Technology Consulting Analyst position through Coop up at SFU.

I have heard that generally the first interview is a behavioural interview to see if you are a decent fit. The next round would be a case interview possibly in a group, and the last stage would be with someone senior or a partner in the firm.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview? This is my first REAL interview, and i'm nervous as hell. I've done my research and for the first round, everyone is saying to just answer everything using SAR (Situation, action, response).
Start preparing ASAP! If the first round really is simply behavioural, then just prepare all your answers (google: common behavioural questions and practice). SAR is a good approach, know your stories well, but don't simply recite it back out during the interview. Make sure you're confident in your answers but not cocky. Show an interest and knowledge into IT consulting at Accenture and definitely do your background research (eg: accenture originated from andersen).

Case interview is going to be hard..... If consulting is what you want to do then start preparing now, and do maybe 5-20 practice cases. I went to one session at the Consulting Club (SFC)'s Case Interview Preparation Program and I have to say, it is ridiculously hard. Make sure you're very fast in mental arithmetic calculations, as you will need to backup your analysis with #'s (market size, profit, cost, margins, etc...). Also search up Fermi problems, as you might get asked one or two to showcase your thought process.

Tips for a successful interview with Accenture

Accenture Case Interview & Offer
- Victor's site has really good information in preparing for case interviews. He breaks down the typical types of questions and structure to model your recommendation.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

They will quiz you on what they've discussed, and even throw questions at you that are completely irrelevant and had never mentioned to you at all. Such as, What is the name of their company server?

I remember a retarded question like that back in '07 among others for a Helpdesk position.

And, they were not multiple choice questions either.

All in all, a few of my friends who have worked at Accenture (various departments) don't really have great things to say about it. They pay you little, but expect alot. Most people work there for their first jobs out of University, then go on to do other things.

Last edited by willystyle; 10-19-2012 at 08:14 PM.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Accenture.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
^ ?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:05 AM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
All in all, a few of my friends who have worked at Accenture (various departments) don't really have great things to say about it. They pay you little, but expect alot. Most people work there for their first jobs out of University, then go on to do other things.
Consulting is quite similar to big 4 accounting. The pay isn't that good (consulting is better though), but working at one of these companies opens a lot more doors for your career. Accenture is known all over the world, and in terms of IT and implementation consulting, you will gain valuable experience that will help you land good jobs as you progress your career.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
Consulting is quite similar to big 4 accounting. The pay isn't that good (consulting is better though), but working at one of these companies opens a lot more doors for your career. Accenture is known all over the world, and in terms of IT and implementation consulting, you will gain valuable experience that will help you land good jobs as you progress your career.
Yeah that's why I said it's not bad for a job out of University, but don't stay there for too long. It's not a company that you'd want to spend most of your career with.

It's a known fact within the industry that Accenture hires lot of new grads to do grunt work. They work for a few years then they jump ship to other companies. Not by force, rather by choice. This is not from personal experience, but from friends that I know who have worked there.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
RS Veteran

willystyle pretty much nailed it.

If you're young, aggressive and still have that go-getter mentality, Accenture is up your alley. But for somebody who is able to see that the grass is greener on the other side, Accenture isn't the best place to be in the long run. That and they work you like a dog. For some people, this is good but for most, they want to come home to their families and to spend time with their loved ones.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^I think that is true with a lot of big corporates. You get worked like a dog, the pay is shit and you wish you stuck BOTH of your foot up your boss ass. I got my experience first hand this summer.... It was nice for a while. You're hungry and all. But then after that, you kinda realize there are other thing you'd rather do than doing other people's job and cleaning up the boo boo they made.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
Got MOD?

Accenture always seems to be hiring too. Wonder if it's high turnover or if they're really expanding that fast.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #11
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
its like working for the big4 accounting firms
people that are proactive will look else where in a few years
i know a few friends that started with KPMG after grad, left within 3 years time to better things. I believed KPMG paid for their CGA certification
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #12
RS Veteran

It's kind of hard to compare the accounting industry to a company like Accenture. I will agree that the two share a lot in common on the basis of a working culture but Accenture specializes primarily in IT. Those of you who work in IT already know that the grass can be greener on the other side and there are so many variations of work place cultures, like Google for example. In accounting, it's the same anywhere you go but of course, I'm generalizing.