REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Arrow (https://www.revscene.net/forums/675652-arrow.html)

murd0c 10-24-2012 07:11 AM

Arrow

Has anyone been watching this show yet? It's on the 3rd episode tonight and so far I'm pretty impressed. Has the same kinda look of Smallville but with way more edge and darkness kind of like a Batman feel

So far I'm pretty impressed with it

SkinnyPupp 10-24-2012 07:23 AM

I downloaded it for my wife, but I have no interest. She tells me there's a lot of eye candy, so that leads me to believe it's just another CW girlie show

bloodline129 10-24-2012 07:33 AM

I started watching it, thought its pretty interesting myself... Was wondering when it's airing again... Thanks for letting me know its today :)
Posted via RS Mobile

importantLS 10-24-2012 09:06 AM

deathstrokes going to be in it!

nns 10-24-2012 06:11 PM

CW make some pretty lame shows, no doubt. I can happily say Arrow is different. It's pretty interesting so far. However, I foresee them going the route of Smallville, where there's a villain of the week. I hope they stop that.

BTW, the police dad's character sucks. Hope he dies soon.

invader 10-24-2012 06:30 PM

I worked on set for this show this past summer. Same crew as Smallville. I actually like it a lot so far.
Posted via RS Mobile

2 n r 10-24-2012 06:41 PM

YOU GUYS KNOW WHATS A GOOD SHOW? VAMPIRE DIARIES

DanHibiki 10-24-2012 10:26 PM

I can't stand the acting in this show.

It's okay. They make him a little too invincible to bullets. Always out in the open but never getting hit and firing an arrow faster than a guy who already has him gun cocked and pointed.

Can't wait to see deathstroke.

I like the costume more than the smallville version for sure.

hamsup 10-25-2012 07:05 AM

Are they going to fill anyone on the back story? How did he become who he is? Those flashbacks make no sense... LOL

woooo 10-25-2012 09:44 AM

They're shooting behind my office tomorrow. Tempted to put on my Halloween batman costume and try to get in the background
Posted via RS Mobile

Sushi604 10-25-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woooo (Post 8064217)
They're shooting behind my office tomorrow. Tempted to put on my Halloween batman costume and try to get in the background
Posted via RS Mobile

When you do decide to get in on the action, jump in and say "I'm Batmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!"

kwy 10-25-2012 10:14 AM

Read the plot..without seeing the show yet, it sounds an awful lot like fuckin Batman..rich playboy type disappears for a few years, thought dead, comes back to his city to fight crime, blah blah

murd0c 10-25-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwy (Post 8064247)
Read the plot..without seeing the show yet, it sounds an awful lot like fuckin Batman..rich playboy type disappears for a few years, thought dead, comes back to his city to fight crime, blah blah

exactly but theres no fight inside what to do its straight up kill the scum of the city to make it better. Thats the part I like.

Inaii 10-25-2012 05:02 PM

Love this show! One of my family members works on it and was telling me a bit about the show before it came out. Green Arrow has always been one of my favourite DC characters, so I was stoked to find out he was getting his own show. I too wish they would give more of his backstory though.

DanHibiki 10-25-2012 05:07 PM

Ep 3 wasn't bad. It was the first episode that really hooked me.

I'm very interested in seeing more of the backstory on the island.

Inaii 10-25-2012 05:12 PM

Was anyone else a little disappointed by Deathstroke's character?

DanHibiki 10-25-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8064567)
Was anyone else a little disappointed by Deathstroke's character?

dafuq. they didn't introduce him yet

nns 10-25-2012 06:58 PM

I don't know anything about DC comics, and even I felt they somehow butchered the character of Deadshot.

It was so dumb when Green Arrow was standing behind a wall next to the doorway, and Deadshot went full retard by repeatedly firing through the doorway. Dumbass, fire into the wall and you'll hit the guy hiding behind it.

How did Diggle even know which building to go into? Green Arrow essentially ziplined into the building Deadshot was firing from. Diggle couldn't have known of all the buildings around, which was the one to go into.

And why did he use a red dot sight? You have a scope on your rifle...

I am totally tearing this show apart.

winson604 10-25-2012 08:44 PM

Initially this wasn't on my radar because I thought it looked and sounded dumb and I'm also not typically a fan of heroes using arrows for some reason. I've heard good things about it so far so I have a few eps queued up. Will check it out soon.

Inaii 10-25-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 8064591)
dafuq. they didn't introduce him yet

Had a derp moment, meant Deadshot.

murd0c 10-26-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 8064561)
Ep 3 wasn't bad. It was the first episode that really hooked me.

I'm very interested in seeing more of the backstory on the island.

That's one thing that really keeps me interested as well the back story on his training and such. I really like how they are taking that part slow but the current life stuff is going at full speed.

DanHibiki 11-07-2012 05:47 AM

Deathstroke looked good. Fight scene was good. Sucks that he probably dies on the island
Posted via RS Mobile

Glove 11-07-2012 07:10 AM

I loved smallville, watched it religiously,

when this show came out I was just like, "meh"

of all the characters they couldv done, they picked green arrow, a stock batman clone.

How about a series dedicated to the flash? or green lantern?

someone with some actual story behind them.

Kinda like that aquaman spin-off they tried to get going but failed miserably.

murd0c 11-07-2012 12:24 PM

There is or was a show about flash out there and filmed in BC as well
Posted via RS Mobile

areyez 11-07-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8075801)
There is or was a show about flash out there and filmed in BC as well
Posted via RS Mobile

is it this? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0959086/