REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Side window replacement - Recommendations?

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any rec's for a good place to have my driver side window replaced. (It got smashed by thieves/vandals who pretty much took nothing from the car other than $2 in coins and a gift card). ICBC's deductible is $300 but the person on the other end of the line said I had a pretty good shot of replacing it for less than that. This is for an IS300.

I've heard good reviews of Broco in Vancouver, not sure if that is still the case?

thanks
Advertisement

Last edited by svelt; 10-25-2012 at 03:45 PM.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,689 Times in 1,624 Posts
I got my dad's car's window replaced for $150, just took it to my usual mechanic who found the part and changed it.

i have no idea where he got the window though; probably wasn't OEM lol. It was also a cheap car lol

Isn't glass deductible $200?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i would look out on the painted part of teh door, and the trim on the inside to see if there are any scratches or nicks in either the paint or the trim... if there is, ur repair is definately gonna cost more than $300 or $500 deductible...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
retired

To add to what narfy said, check if your interior pieces were scratched by the glass. Anything related to the glass breaking would be covered under the claim.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

We were going to have it done ourselves as well after thieves broke into our MDX in the Bonsor lot. Andrew from Fasttrack recommended going through ICBC instead. After we brought the MDX to his shop and he had a closer look, the claim ended up covering almost $1000 worth of damage. Lots of small damage caused by the broken glass chipping the centre console and scratching up the leather seats.
Best to have a shop look at it.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote