REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Alignment problem ...

Hey guys,

I found out that I have an uneven tread wear and here is my alignment result. Do you guys think that alignment bolts can correct the problem as my car was previously in an accident and the front and rear right are messed up a bit.

Thanks for the input.
Advertisement
gn02156668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

Castor doesn't have any effect on tire wear. Only stability, but your castor really isn't that far out. Your right rear camber is on the wrong side of the -+ and the toe i would think is easliy adjusted. Not sure if camber on the rears and if caster on front are adjustable.
Aside from alignment issues, i found poor quality tires tend to wear funky on their own. Not saying you have poor quality tires, but just something to keep in mind
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Also, are your wheels balanced? It may affect tire wear assuming the wheels aren't balanced and you have poor quality tires. Just some food for thought.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #4

thanks everyone for the insight. I am planning to go see dales alignment. however if the problem cant be fixed, then i might just have to swap the rear tires to the left in order to balance the tires out.... is it a good idea?

my wheels are all balanced already ... ...
Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gn02156668 View Post
thanks everyone for the insight. I am planning to go see dales alignment. however if the problem cant be fixed, then i might just have to swap the rear tires to the left in order to balance the tires out.... is it a good idea?.
I don't think it's necessary to go all the way out to Dale's for something like this.

Your idea may work but it would depend on the tires you are using. Some allow you to swap while others don't.

If you're in Vancouver, the Big-O Tire on Kingsway just off of Rupert is pretty good. The owner Randy and their shop manager are very friendly and knowledgeable as I've been pretty satisfied with their customer care, quality of service and pricing.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #6

Thanks. has anyone heard about rear camber shims ?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

the right front wheel looks like it's been set-back... i would recommend a frame/alignment shop for this type of repair... pacific alignment and frame on clark drive, or west coast frame and alignment... i would go to pacific over west coast...

the caster on the front is not adjustable, and the camber has limited adjustment... my guess is a bent control arm, or your subframe has shifted...

the camber on the rear is not adjustable as the rear end has a flex-beam... you CAN shim the rear end for an alignment... EZ shim makes products for this purpose...

i would definately recommend a competent frame and alignment shop for your car... the average alignment shop will likely just set your toe to zero on the front, and drive it out... then sell you a whole bunch of suspension parts... a frame and alignment shop will actually measure your suspension components for damage and wear... and then make recommendations...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #8

do you think a front camber bolts would be able to resolve some of the problem ? thanks for your help
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

your camber in the front appears to be fine... you appear to have set-back in your control arm or subframe...

straighten your steering wheel... take a tape measure and measure the closest part between your front and rear wheels... compare that left to right... i'm willing to bet that the right will be a shorter distance by 1/2" or so...

go see shane and james at pacific alignment and frame... 1104 clark drive 604 215 0791
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #10

thanks , really appreciate that !