REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Brake Warning Light/Handbrake Light turns on and off?

Recently my car has this issue where the brake warning light turns on every now and then. It sometimes stays on when I release the handbrake, and it turns off shortly after; however, during the drive, the light reappears and disappears, and it happens inconsistently at random intervals. It does this for about 5 - 15 minutes, and then the light stays off for the rest of the day.

What I've noticed is that sometimes it disappears when I step on the brake, and comes back on when I go back onto the gas (but just sometimes )... it happens mostly in the mornings, and may even have something to do with the temperature, perhaps?

For those who are wondering, my brake fluid has been topped and my pads are still at around 80%. I've been thinking of what may be causing it, but I have nothing. Anybody have any ideas?
Advertisement
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,200 Times in 4,218 Posts
My friend's 00 Teg did the same thing. I cleaned the sensor on the fluid res. cap and adjusted the handbrake and the problem went away.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 5,289 Times in 1,163 Posts
What are you driving?

My Accord had something similar, where it was the Brake light switch.

Be careful, because if it's the same problem I had, when your warning light is on your brake lights won't be working
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
I'm driving an 01 integra. I'll do what flip did and see if that fixes it
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Could be a bad ground.. I need to check mine. My trucks light goes on and off but its dim, I tried cleaning the switch but it stayed the same, dim with E brake off - bright with E brake on. time for a new switch if the ground dont fix it
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote