REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources

Nissan / Infiniti Tech Resources All Nissan & Infiniti Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

G37 vs EX35

Hello all,

I am thinking of getting either G37 or EX35 - I like the sporty sedan look of G37 but the interior of EX35 blows my mind. For those who have driven both car or have owned either one of them - tell me what you think!

Let the discussion begin
Advertisement
Kaito1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I had an EX35 as a loaber car for an afternoon and at first I was wow'd by its features but after getting in and out of it a few times, I found it was quite lacking. The front seatsing area is quite cramped. I found it cramper then my S2000. The dash is big and the center console plus the wide door panels make the front very cramped.
Never webt into the back but it looked like the rear doesn't have much leg room.
The trunk is quite small. There is no way to put a set of wheels in there. I don't think I could put more than my full hockey bag in there.
The EX was a lot of fun to drive. Great power and handled pretty well on the highway and small enough to get around the city with ease. Since my current SUV is a QX4, there is no way the EX can replace a full sized suv. IF you don't need the trunk space and rarely need the back seats for passengers then it might not be too bad.
Posted via RS Mobile
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The 2013 EX37 are coming out soon. The 37 engines are solid. I would personally choose the EX over the G just because of the versatility and hatch feature. G37 sedan seats don't fold down. I guess it will depend on your lifestyle. Both are great cars.
accordpoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
you're going to be looking at the interior more than the exterior. for me that would be a deciding factor.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

I have a G37S coupe and have also driven the EX a lot (coz my G breaks a lot and this is their loaner car lol). Totally different cars man. The EX cant match the G's driving dynamics and power. But even that 3.5L motor howls in the EX. Its got a lot of pep! The only thing I dislike is the interior of the EX... it looks so dated and bland. Utility is mediocre compared to other small SUVs so hopefully the newly redesigned version improves on those points. Can't wait to see the new G too!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
I am Hook'd on RS

I have an EX for over 1 year and frequently get G37 for loaner. Totally different cars and really depends on where you are in life. Both cars have fantastic power and that same infiniti sound. I like the interior of the EX much more than the G. As others have stated, it is kind of cramped, but so is the G. They are both thin and long cars.
The EX is much more versatile in that it has a hatch and you can fold down the back seats. (motorized!) but if the seats are not folded, trunk space kind of sucks.
Also, i don't care what the brochure says, EX is not a SUV or even a CUV. its a station wagon. back seats are only good for kids or short people.
highres604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

G37S
Insidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i have an ex35 right now
when i was buying the car i looked at RDX, RX350, forster, a lot actually.
i bought the EX because i wanted performance and a little bit more room, trust me, ex only gives a LITTLE more room. but enough for me to work with, plus it can have a roof rack and a tow hitch.
the RDX is too unstable fore me
RX350 too expansive
forster interior too plastic
oaktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I never really liked the look of the EX35's headlights and the front end overall. But then I saw a few that were modded and they looked pretty good.

Then again G37's have so much aftermarket and upgrades available compared to the EX that you can do almost anything.

Really comes down to how much you actually need that extra height.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

I have a G37 sedan and I've driven my sisters EX35. They are both identical in layout and space, leg room, etc. Same engine now that EX comes in 37 as well. Very similar, both bad on gas. I feel bad for people who sit behind the driver seat, you have to wedge your feet in as the driver seat moves back when you turn off the car, you literally have no leg room.

But I don't care for rear seat passengers anyway=)