REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
Read up on the 'couch potato method'. It just might blow your mind, I spent several months researching it before building my portfolio
heh, I live on the couch

I can do my puzzles/crosswords/Sudoku, throw the ball against the fireplace mantle and watch my dog try to catch it before it bounces back to me, laptops on the coffee table, phones wedged somewhere between a cushion until I need it lol.

only real time I need to get up is to let the dogs out to pee, or when I have to pee, or get food from the fridge.

stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #27
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
read the thread title and was tempted to leave a trollish post, until I actually read the OP

best of luck man, seriously
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #28

was in this section reading threads, figured I might as well update...

oct 15 (less than an hour and a half away), marks the 1 year date of me finding out about this.

progress made?

basically none...

test after test after test. each test leads to a new test.

BUT, 21 pills a day keeps the seizures away...well...80% of the time.

gets quite embarrassing when im out at a restaurant with friends (few weeks ago) and during the course of dinner/drinks I have 5 seizures and don't even know about it until I get home and they tell me. (after waking out of one ive complete amnesia of it happening, as far as I concerned, I was just getting up from dropping something on the ground...my friends know not to tell me ive had one or else I get extremely defensive saying I didn't etc etc)

still have all my restrictions...no work, driving, scuba, shooting range, going out alone, working out/lots of physical exertion...

oct 15 2012 - 189lbs
oct 15 2013 - 158lbs due to not being able to work out etc

im supposed to be returning to work though, im no longer allowed to do my regular job, so my union has to create a job for me that accommodates to my restrictions. ive been told they've found me a job, but its just a waiting game until all the forms go through, HR talks to insurance etc, wait for my "interview" type of meeting and then return to work on a part time basis. luckily my works yard is less than 5 minutes from my house so I can just walk there.

at the rate this is going, i'll update this next year lol
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #29

forgot about this thread lol

2 years ago in just a few weeks.

pills range from 21-30 pills a day depending how the weeks have been.

well. sept 25th im goin in for an open craniotomy.
as its grown in size, its done damage. i need to have the cyst ripped out along with a right anterior temporal lobe resection and having to shave the hippocampus a bit(i think thats what they said about the hippocampus).
risks involved - i WILL have visual memory loss, and my left eye wont have the same strength it has now.

surgery is 70% - 80% success rate, compared to pills having a 5% - 10% success rate at stopping seizures.

recovery time is few days in an ICU, a week in a regular ward, mind blowing headaches for the next few months, and hopefully freedom after that!

while asking the dr if i can film it, he told me no. but he will take photos for me. he went on his computer and typed in open craniotomy on google and this is the video he showed me. i'll be having the same procedure, but this only shows the opening and the closing.

Last edited by stewie; 08-27-2014 at 09:30 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Holy shit dude.

Safe to say we're all pullin' for you. Best of luck.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #31

Update

Had brain surgery on Thursday morning

Came out of it in pain beyond belief. Cried the entire first night while attempting to sleep. Morphine every hour can't even take this pain away.

Was taken out of the ICU yesterday afternoon. Regular ward now. I can't eat - surgeon told me that as he had to peel the skin back over my face, it stretched my jaw muscles to the point where I cried while trying to eat grapes.

My right eye is now swollen shut. He removed a chunk of my brain the size of your thumb.

Morphine every hour and on every 4th hour it comes with t3s.

I've the attention span of a hummingbird, and staying awake for longer than 15 minutes gives me throbbing headaches beyond belief. This is the kind of pain I would never wish upon someone else.

Can't get out of bed without someone holding my arm. My balance is fucked right now.

I know it doesn't mean much saying this as 99% of my friends don't use this site, but it's still worth me mentioning it.

I want to say thank you to my girlfriend and my best friends who've helped me through all of this and supported me along the way. Probably wouldn't have been able to do it without them.

I should be discharged on Monday hopefully. There's a guy somewhere down the hall that screams in agony shouting "kill me now". Not the most pleasant thing to hear

Hopefully this will allow me to get my life back on track and leave me seizure free for life!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #32

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
wish you a speedy recovery!
Alby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #33

+1, Keep on truckin'
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #34

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
All the the best man!
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #35
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
wish you a speedy and smooth recovery stewie. i can't imagine the pain you're going through, it sounds like a nightmare from hell.

but in the end, i am sure you will be glad that you had done this and knowing how painful it is, you wouldn't hesitate to make the same decision again.

keep it up!
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #36
nma
#RVG

Wow, what a shitty past few years for you... I hope you get well soon, and can move on with your life! I wish you all the best.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #37

well, now that I'm home and bored, I figured I'd share a photo or two

my sexy scar for life...as far as future women are concerned, it was a shark attack while surfing in australia! the cut goes past my hairline, so it'll always be visible.

however, my girlfriend wants me to die my hair black and take up this look...

trust me, this feels worse than it looks...

laying on a pillow, shift my head during the night, stretches the scalp, wake up with bloody face and pillow. yay...

and I know what your all thinking, and yes, I know I'm a stud muffin.

--edit--

forgot to add:

I can barely open my jaw. i can open it maybe 1 1/2 inches at most before its maxed out. i asked surgeon why, his response: "when I peeled your skin over, your jaw muscle came with it and its now overstretched. it'll take a while for it to ease up, just keep trying to chew and little by little it'll be back to normal"

Last edited by stewie; 10-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.
This post thanked by: