REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

KG Auto Sales

Typically I would never consider buying a used car from a dealership, let alone a Kingsway dealer. However, given how hard it is to find the specific vehicle that I am looking for in good shape and low KMS, I am considering it as this is one of two in the Lower Mainland with the KM range I am OK with. Has anyone had any experience with this place before? If you have and don't want to post in a thread, PM would be OK as well. Thanks.
Advertisement

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,883 Times in 745 Posts
Iirc this dealer used to be on Byrne road and from what I have gathered most of the dealers on Byrne are either wholesalers that buy trade ins from bug name dealers or they're the type that buys salvage vehicles and recondition them to a rebuilt status. I'd stay away for the most part, but u never know. Still worth checking out IMO but take what they tell u about the vehicle with a grain of salt
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Some of the cars at any of those shady dealerships are actually good cars but you have to do your own homework on the car you're interested in by getting your own car proof report (not the one they show you as it could be fake) and if the report is good then do a pre-purchase inspection at a place you choose. And never believe anything the sales person says.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Old School RS

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,197 Posts
On Byrne Road they had a bodyshop and sold pretty much exclusively rebuilts. About the bottom of the barrel as far as car dealers go...
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I typically only see high mileage cars at these places, when I see one with low miles i'm always thinking possible roll-back. But you never know, be diligent and do your research and inspections.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #6

Thanks Mark, will stay away.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Agreed with what jing & lowside67 said.

Don't waste your time on KG and these small shady used car lots. Most cars are either rebuilt or bought cheap from out of province. I used to work in a train yard and saw these used car dealers coming in to pickup their cars. And a whole lot of them are just garbage (ie.water leaks, car won't start or engine runs like a bag of shiat, transmission bang into gear etc etc)
spoonek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #8

It's all good. I ended up picking something else up .