REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Integra Type R Wheel Fitment

Been trying to figure out whether a set of rims would fit my 2000 Integra Type R.

The rims are
15x7.5 et 25 ........x2
15x7 et 35 .......x2

Now I am thinking about putting the 15x7.5 up front with the size tire of 205/40 or 205/45. I used the width offset calculator from HT and got

#205/40
Inner Clearance: 5.95 mm more
Outer Position: extend by 44.05 mm
Diameter difference: -1.99" (-9.27%)

#205/45
Inner Clearance: 5.95 mm more
Outer Position: extend by 44.05 mm
Diameter difference:-1.18" (-5.30%)

Car is not lowered at the moment. Will not be lowering it for "STANCE" in the future but rather for functionality around auto-x and track.

So my question is, will this 15x7.5 et 25 rim fit at the front for a type r without cambering or rolling fenders? Too close to the fenders?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
tonychou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

you shouldnt have a problem with the width, offset and tires size. i had same set-up before and mine was even lowered
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
should be fine, especially since it's not lowered.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonychou View Post
Car is not lowered at the moment. Will not be lowering it for "STANCE" in the future but rather for functionality around auto-x and track.

So my question is, will this 15x7.5 et 25 rim fit at the front for a type r without cambering or rolling fenders? Too close to the fenders?
If the plan is to autox / track the car, (negative) camber is a must. I can't tell you how much is enough since I've never autox / tracked an Integra / ITR, but I can tell you that a healthy dose of (negative) camber is one of your best friends on the autox / race track.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
If the plan is to autox / track the car, (negative) camber is a must. I can't tell you how much is enough since I've never autox / tracked an Integra / ITR, but I can tell you that a healthy dose of (negative) camber is one of your best friends on the autox / race track.
All cars are the same. No car will not want camber in the front to keep the car from rolling over onto the sidewall.
Keep in mind, the more camber you have, the less contact patch there is for straight line acceleration and deceleration.

As for OP's car, what class do you plan on running your car? If you plan on doing it for fun, then get any wheels you like. If you want to be a bit more serious, then you may want to check the rule book before deciding which wheels to get. As for tires, I don't think anyone makes a 205/40 or 205/45 tire in a 15 inch size. You will have to go down to a 195/40 S-drive or the 195/45 R1R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #6
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Just for reference, guys in the US can run 275/35/15 tires on 15X6 wheels with 45mm offset and max factory camber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote