REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
RoadStar Gold?

Does this not exist anymore? I couldn't find any literature about RoadStar Gold on the ICBC website.

However, on the Claim Rated Scale chart, it still shows a "gold" section starting from -15: ICBC | crs.pdf

What did RoadStar Gold provide over regular RoadStar anyway?
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Does this not exist anymore? I couldn't find any literature about RoadStar Gold on the ICBC website.

However, on the Claim Rated Scale chart, it still shows a "gold" section starting from -15: ICBC | crs.pdf

What did RoadStar Gold provide over regular RoadStar anyway?
Your car can only be driven by a 10 year experience driver.

And since you're higher up on the chart and that gold falls down the chart by 3 steps instead of 4, you won't fall out of the 43% after one accident. So on your 4th accident you will be at 30%.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Your car can only be driven by a 10 year experience driver.

And since you're higher up on the chart and that gold falls down the chart by 3 steps instead of 4, you won't fall out of the 43% after one accident. So on your 4th accident you will be at 30%.
I understand how the CRS works... that wasn't what I was asking about.

Even if you're at -13 and in the blue section, you still won't fall out of the 43% discount after one accident.

In the past, was there an additional discount for RoadStar Gold?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #4

I do not think so. It was more of a perk thing... Like free car rental or something.
delSol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
I might be wrong...but I think they are calling it just the "RoadStar package" now.

ICBC | RoadStar package

What you get with the package
RoadStar Rental Vehicle coverage—protects you when you're renting a vehicle or using a courtesy car.
RoadStar Loss of Use coverage—get a rental vehicle or reimbursement for replacement transportation when your vehicle is getting repaired or until the claim is settled.
RoadStar Vehicle Travel Protection—for business trips and vacations.
RoadStar Lock Re-Keying—to replace your stolen keys or remote keyless-entry transmitter.

Who's eligible?
You may qualify if you’ve been driving nine or more years without an at-fault claim and earned a discount of 43 per cent or more on your insurance.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i believe the discount is for optional coverage like theft/vandalism, etc
the basic is capped at 43%
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

On an unrelated slight threadjack

I recall seeing years ago that if you are at fault and drop however many levels on the CRS, after 2 or 3 years of claim free driving you go back to the same level prior to the accident. I recently looked that up again to see if it was 2 or 3 years, and couldn't find any mention of that policy anywhere. So you have to earn your discount back 5% or 1 step at a time now?
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
On an unrelated slight threadjack

I recall seeing years ago that if you are at fault and drop however many levels on the CRS, after 2 or 3 years of claim free driving you go back to the same level prior to the accident. I recently looked that up again to see if it was 2 or 3 years, and couldn't find any mention of that policy anywhere. So you have to earn your discount back 5% or 1 step at a time now?
It's still there

ICBC | The claim-rated scale

ICBC | crs.pdf
Old 11-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
UFO

So you gain your level back 1 per year, I'm not reading anything about going back to pre-claim level after 2/3 years claim free.

I guess if you're at -15 to -20 you'll go back after to pre-claim level after 3 years since you only drop 3 steps. For -9 to -14 its 4 years
Old 11-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

theres no roadstar gold.

there's roadstar package, which is the loss of use and rental optional coverage.
then there's the road star status. it doesnt actually do anything. it just means you have 43% discount

another package icbc offers is roadside plus. it's one step above the roadstar package. rental vehicle, lock rekeying, loss of use, higher limits and other junk
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
So you gain your level back 1 per year, I'm not reading anything about going back to pre-claim level after 2/3 years claim free.

I guess if you're at -15 to -20 you'll go back after to pre-claim level after 3 years since you only drop 3 steps. For -9 to -14 its 4 years
Well if you're at 10 years at 43% discount, you get in an accident, then you'll be down to -6, it'll take you 3 years to get back to 43% discount. So it really depends on where on the claim scale you are.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:

It's 3 years. I've called them multiple times before about this, and all the reps said it's 3 years. Unfortunately, I never found anything online.. which is a little shady.

edit: this is the best I could find.. but it's far from an 'official' source.
Quote:
"After your claim, you will move one level down the scale with each claim-free year of driving. However, three consecutive years of claim-free driving will return you to your pre-claim level on the scale if you were in a discount position, or to the base rate if you were in a surcharge position."
https://www.autorenewal.ca/claims_rated_scale.html
Old 11-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #13

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
^ I've been told that it takes 3 years to go back to pre-claim level if you insure something, but 5 years if you stop insuring. Anyone heard of this?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
It's 3 years. I've called them multiple times before about this, and all the reps said it's 3 years. Unfortunately, I never found anything online.. which is a little shady.

edit: this is the best I could find.. but it's far from an 'official' source.
https://www.autorenewal.ca/claims_rated_scale.html
Yeah, sketchy for sure since its not on ICBC's own actual website. Oh well. Just inquring for precautionary measures. I'm far enough down on the scale where I'll get a 'free' claim
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
I'm invisible

Its 3 years regardless if insured or not, because ICBC crs inquiry will still automatically calculate an CRS recovery according to your own record.

In year 4, 2 things can happen:
1. If you were at a certain discount (-1(5%) or better) before the most recent claim, you will jump back to you that level= Recovery Rule.

2. Base rate rule= if you were already at surcharge level before you get the claim, then in year 4, you automatically go back to base rate, no matter what surcharge level you are at.

What I mean by year 4= ie: 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013. year 4= 2013 and forward
The recovery/base rate rule applies to the charge date, and not the date of loss. The charge date is the day something was paid out for the claim. People have up 2 years (I think), before they need to fix their vehicle.