REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Wool socks

Where can I get nice thick wool socks? Just bought a pair of boots that just cut into my heels... Need some thick socks lol
Advertisement
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I have a circulation problem with my feet, they are always ice cold... so I bought some wool socks and other similar thick thermal wear socks at Wal Mart, they got quite a bit of choices there you should be able to find what you're lookin for. About $12 for two pairs I think.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Mark's Work Wearhouse
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I fell in love with Cabot & Sons wool socks after i bought a pair on a whim; tried to find them ever since but couldn't, went online still couldn't
recently i found them again, online, and bought a whole bunch
really cushiony and thick (not as thick as my original pair though) but not stifling

they're made in Vermont and it looks like they've dropped the name Cabot & Sons and taken up the branding "Darn Tough"

Darn Tough Vermont: Running Socks, Biking Socks, Hiking Socks, Trekking Socks, Ski Socks, Snowboard Socks, Hunting Socks, Fishing Socks, Birding Socks

they also make socks for shops like LLBean

I bought mine from here Runawaysstore - Holiday Cyber Monday Running Clothes Sale (website looks iffy i know, but order went through perfectly)

The closest place that you can find their socks locally is over in Squamish @ Corsa Cycles and i think its only the Darn Tough line

I Highly recommend them!

here's their list of BC shops that carry their DarnTough socks (lifetime warranty btw)

Spoiler!

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-30-2012 at 09:07 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I have no idea what mine are, but they're black with a yellow stripe on them. Got them from Marks.

This stuff is legit. Doesn't make your feet all sweaty like most other wool socks. I wear these under my Vans, and that's usually enough on the coldest Vancouver days.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Recently bought gf a pair of Icebreaker's at their sample sale last week and she loves them. 100% merino wool too.
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #7

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
8 years ago I bought a couple pairs of Red Head socks in Toronto and I still use them in the winter to this day. They have a lifetime guarantee. I don't know where to get them in Vancouver, though.

RedHeadŽ Lifetime Guarantee All-Purpose Socks for Men - 1 Pair | Bass Pro Shops

So thick and comfy.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
half ass wool socks only do so much i find, i work on my feet everyday in work boots, rubber boots, etc.

some of the best combinations ive found are the "light duty" helly hansen moisture socks, in combination with either a light weight wool, or a "diabetic" cotton sock, i'm not sure if they are actually called diabetic socks, but they are the ones with almost see through mesh type stiching in them, the Helly's wisk away moisture from your feet with the outer sock catching it, works well i've found in most situations
Old 11-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #9

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Ice Breaker merino wool socks are the best imo
You can get them at most outdoor stores like Atmosphere, the Icebreaker store on 4th, or that Australian Boot store on 4th.
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

You should check out marks, they have a decent selection of socks for you to choose with a light price tag.
wyuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

costco merino wool trail socks, keeps me warm in the winter time hmmm

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
+1. I have DTV socks that are probably close to 8 years old and look like they just came out of the packaging. I've owned the Costco cheapies, Merrell, Wigwam, Bridgedale, Icebreaker, Smartwool, and none of them have stood up like the Darn Tough socks. My personal preference for wool socks would go Darn Tough, Wigwam and then probably Icebreaker.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #13
I don't get it

Anyone knows who sells battery powered heated socks?
Posted via RS Mobile
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote