REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
hope you learned your lesson...never operate a vehicle without a DL...even if it's just few blocks down to the grocery store
Advertisement
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
If you happened to remember your DL number would that have sufficed? Off topic, but I've always wondered.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
To the self-righteous pricks in here telling the OP it's his fault, I'd like to know how you'd act if you were in his shoes. How anyone can correlate a police officer losing his passport directly to him not having his DL at the time is beyond me.

Perfect example of if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion, then don't.

OP, as frustrating as it probably is, try calling the supervisor a few more times, although he does sound like an asshole. If worse comes to worse (and you see fit), then try calling some media outlets - RCMP already gets enough bad press, I'm sure the media will jump on it.

Good luck.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
If I lost my drivers license, I wouldn't drive around and then act like a stupid faggot when I got busted for it. He knew he didn't have his license. Its his own fucking fault.
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #30
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
If you happened to remember your DL number would that have sufficed? Off topic, but I've always wondered.
i would venture a guess as to no...

i think its still failure to present your drivers licence.
T4RAWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
To the self-righteous pricks in here telling the OP it's his fault, I'd like to know how you'd act if you were in his shoes. How anyone can correlate a police officer losing his passport directly to him not having his DL at the time is beyond me.

Perfect example of if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion, then don't.

OP, as frustrating as it probably is, try calling the supervisor a few more times, although he does sound like an asshole. If worse comes to worse (and you see fit), then try calling some media outlets - RCMP already gets enough bad press, I'm sure the media will jump on it.

Good luck.
+1 on everything he said
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #32
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
I've had my license for 13 years, lost my wallet once and it was returned to me the next day. My license never leaves my wallet. If you can think to bring your passport, your license shouldn't require a thought. Yes, your a dumbass.
Posted via RS Mobile

You're a moron.

This is NOTHING wrong with what he did.

He did the best he could and brought a passport to prove his identity.

It's not like he is complaining about the fucking ticket, seems like there is a double standard here... He can't misplace his fucking license but the officer has the right to misplace it?

Also even if HE misplaces it; he faces the consequences of paying and replacing it himself. But if the officer is an idiot and misplaces it its his fault.

What kind of logic are you using?

That's like if I damaged the front bumper of my car and I took it to a shop to fix. The shop then crashes and fucks up your rear bumper, you're still the idiot and it's your fault because you were the one to crash the car to begin with.

Use your fucking brain you fucking moron.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

last i checked. thread was titled "cop took passport" not "i didnt have DL and got ticket...can i fight"

he is just worried about his PP not ticket... god damn idiots on RS..
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #34
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #35
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
If I lost my drivers license, I wouldn't drive around and then act like a stupid faggot when I got busted for it. He knew he didn't have his license. Its his own fucking fault.
Posted via RS Mobile
shut up.
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #36
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
I suggest you file a complaint with the Commission for Public Complaints. If the officer and his supervisor are refusing to help you in a timely manner, this should give them some encouragement.

You can file online or by telephone. Details here.

Make a Complaint
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
I've never lost my license or wallet in my life either but I don't see any point posting stupid shit here like you do, champ. In fact you are the one acting like a stupid faggot.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #38
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
this thread did not disapoint
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #39
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Again,
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
You're a moron.

This is NOTHING wrong with what he did.

He did the best he could and brought a passport to prove his identity.

It's not like he is complaining about the fucking ticket, seems like there is a double standard here... He can't misplace his fucking license but the officer has the right to misplace it?

Also even if HE misplaces it; he faces the consequences of paying and replacing it himself. But if the officer is an idiot and misplaces it its his fault.

What kind of logic are you using?

That's like if I damaged the front bumper of my car and I took it to a shop to fix. The shop then crashes and fucks up your rear bumper, you're still the idiot and it's your fault because you were the one to crash the car to begin with.

Use your fucking brain you fucking moron.
So knowingly driving with out your license is not wrong. Neat. I don't give a shit about anything else you just said after you made that retarded statement.

/thread
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #42
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
wow, so much time went by thats crazy. after like two days of not getting a phone call, i would have marched right into his local detachment and asked to see his supervisor directly. or anyone in some sort of position of power if the the supe wasn't available.

a passport is a very important piece of ID. thats why you keep it in a lockbox at home (i hope... right?) and its not like losing your damn library ID card.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #43
Banned By Establishment

Yuguizesomadbros?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 AM   #44
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
So knowingly driving with out your license is not wrong. Neat. I don't give a shit about anything else you just said after you made that retarded statement.

/thread
Posted via RS Mobile

You're an idiot.

Grow up and learn the difference between your and you're before you even try arguing with someone on the internet.

You actually think that the cop did nothing wrong by losing someone elses passport.

He faced his consequences and he got a ticket for no license.

He is not suspended and not illegally driving; he is not putting ANYONE in danger.

I don't even know what to say to you... you're such a moron.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Your a complete tool! Your acting as if Im prohibited from driving. Once again Im not fucking complaining about receiving the ticket, Im complaining about the officer misplacing my passport!!!!! Can u read and understand english???!!!??
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #46
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
LOL we give this guy so much shit for driving without a drivers license but barely touch on the guys who come in here saying "Drove drunk, license suspended, how do I fight it...?"

Basically what we're saying is, if you drive without a license, pay the price and lose your passport? LOL. Makes sense. I see the logic there...

I'd tolerate people getting citations for not having their drivers licenses to show over people drinking and driving and speeding ANYDAY. It's really not a BIG deal that he didn't have his drivers license with him. Yeah, he's obviously shown a pattern of irresponsible behaviour by losing his license and his temporary copy; but that doesn't excuse the matter at hand which is the fact that the officer has allegedly taken his passport (by mistake.) Shit happens, officers can make mistakes, they're human. But, when given the opportunity to rectify a situation, these guys that are involved should act quickly and efficiently to get the passport back to him.

I imagine you're probably a youngbuck and the officer's are probably taking advantage of that. Perhaps you just sounded like a kid on the phone with the way you spoke and there is a chance that made them feel like this can be put on the back burner. Frankly, if this was me in the situation, I would be a little more active, even head down the detachment and get to the bottom of it because a passport is hell of a lot more important than a drivers license. ESPECIALLY if it falls into the wrong hands.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #47
Banned By Establishment

4thelulz
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
And while everyone is concentrating on the driver's license, did anyone think to look up the proper procedure for dealing with a lost or stolen passport?

Lost, stolen, found, damaged or inaccessible passport - Passport Canada

Quote:
A Canadian passport is a valuable document that should be kept in a safe place at all times. Once a passport has been reported lost or stolen, it is no longer valid and cannot be used for travel. This is to ensure that it is not used for fraudulent purposes. Passport Canada, the Government of Canada or any representative of the Government of Canada cannot be held responsible for any difficulties you may encounter at border crossings if you attempt to use a passport that has been reported lost or stolen.
You MIGHT try reporting it stolen, and that you know who stole it... although that would probably be more effective in the US where the federal agencies don't give a fuck whether it was a local hick cop that took it; up here, RCs and PC are all one big happy government family.

This section would more likely apply:
Quote:
Seized or surrendered passport

Travel documents that have been seized by law enforcement agencies or ordered surrendered by a court of law are generally returned to Passport Canada. If you have any questions in regards to this process or believe you are still entitled to this document, you may contact Passport Canada via fax at 819-953-8737, or by correspondence to:

Passport Canada
Security Bureau
70 Crémazie, 3rd floor
Gatineau QC J8Y 3P2.
Or worst case,

Quote:
Inaccessible passport

If your current passport is inaccessible please contact us.
Either way, as much as it may give you moral satisfaction to put the cops through the media ringer, it's not likely to get you your passport back - even if they were to admit they'd lost it, you'd still have to contact PC yourself... pretty much your ONLY step is the contact Passport Canada and get the wheels turning there.

Making the cops suffer is a completely separate exercise at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #49
Need my Daily Fix of RS

also, lol @ iceman for trying to seem like hes trolling
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.
omega_cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #50
Banned By Establishment