REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Kansas City Chiefs player, Jovan Belcher, kills girlfriend, self

fucked up....

Quote:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police say Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp confirmed it was Belcher, a fourth-year player from West Babylon, N.Y., who played college ball at Maine. The woman's name has not yet been released.

Snapp said Belcher shot the woman at a Kansas City residence, then drove to the Chiefs facility. He thanked Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel for all they had done for him, then shot himself.

The Chiefs say Sunday's home game against the Carolina Panthers will go on as scheduled.

Authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex.

"When we arrived, a lady informed us that her daughter had been shot multiple times by her boyfriend, by the daughter's boyfriend," Snapp said. "She identified him as a Chiefs player."

Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' facility.

"The description matched the suspect description from that other address. We kind of knew what we were dealing with," he said. The player was "holding a gun to his head" as he stood in front of the front doors of the practice facility.

"And there were Pioli and Crennel and another coach or employee was standing outside and appeared to be talking to him. It appeared they were talking to the suspect," Snapp said. "The suspect began to walk in the opposite direction of the coaches and the officers and that's when they heard the gunshot. It appears he took his own life."

The coaches told police they never felt in any danger, Snapp said.

"They said the player was actually thanking them for everything they'd done for him," he said. "They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything. That's when he walked away and shot himself."

Snapp described the girlfriend as in her early 20s and that she and the player had a child together. He said the woman's mother told police they had recently been arguing.

Arrowhead Stadium has been lockdown since about 8 a.m.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

The season has been a massive disappointment for the Chiefs, who were expected to contend for the AFC West title.

They're just 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak that has been marked by devastating injuries and fan upheaval, with constant calls the past few weeks for Pioli and Crennel to be fired. Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator.

The Chiefs have been ravaged by injuries, led the league in turnovers, can't settle on a quarterback and are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion. The Twitter account for a fan group known as "Save Our Chiefs" recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game.
Sauce: CBSSports.com
Advertisement
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
holy fuck
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
My heart and prayers to Jovan Belcher's family. Heartbreaking news. Another young life gone too soon along with a dead ex-girlfriend.

What is really disturbing is all the recent news of professional athletes dying as a result of suicide, homicide etc.

First, Junior Seau, now Jovan.

Can the NFL commissioner do anything to ensure that players facing mental and physical health issues have professional support services to help them? Counselling?

Are these suicides related to the extremely violent nature of football and its impact on the brain?

Interesting article about suicide in professional sports (Columbia University): http:
//www.dana.org/news/features/detail_rop.aspx?id=39354

From the article about the NFL: More than 1,500 former players are now suing the league, claiming that, for years, it ignored evidence that repeated blows to the head trigger chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, a progressive neurodegenerative disease caused by repetitive trauma to the brain which has been linked to dementia and depression.

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I don't think this one has anything to do with concussions. Let's try not to beat that dead horse in this thread.

Sometimes people do really stupid shit. Sometimes it doesn't take brain trauma to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

3 month old baby..poor kid.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
wow sad as fuck
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
current season record:

1-10 .
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
what a pos
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
I think Matt Cassel is to blame here...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote