REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Cardio Classes - YMCA, Langara. I need a benchmark!!

So my girlfriend and I were talking about her work outs at the YMCA (Langara) and how she always does the cardio classes they put on. You know those cardio classes that usually girls only do, but guys are welcome.. She probably goes two times a week, she is definitely very fit and I know her cardio is really good. Just a FYI. The last time we did the grouse grind (this past summer) I beat her. Albeit, only by four mins. (I got 52mins and she got 56mins)

Anyway, I was talking shit about how I could probably do a class and how even though I don't work out as much as I used to, I could probably still do it etc. You know, those times when you talk to your girlfriend and you're all macho and shit and you act like a boss, but really you have no idea what the hell you're talking about?

So we have decided that i'm going to do a drop in one day and go with her to one of these classes. Now, I really have no idea what these classes are like and I don't want to look like a got damn fool. So can anyone shed some light on these classes and how difficult they are? I need a sort of baseline.

This won't be happening until around mid December, so i'll have time to prepare. But, I would still like some info so I could "train" appropriately
Advertisement

Last edited by TheKingdom2000; 12-01-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Clarification
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

how about you stop wanting to compete with your gf and just enjoy the class with her
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
lol i go to ymca langara
theres always a class on monday/wednesday evening and some of the girls are

what class is this for anyways? they have like 10 different things going on in the room
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc95 View Post
theres always a class on monday/wednesday evening and some of the girls are
I can confirm on this
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
how about you stop wanting to compete with your gf and just enjoy the class with her
At this point I just want to be able to complete the class without gassing out.

I think she said either a step class or a bosu ball class. It's definitely an evening class. I think around 6pm or 7pm.
I guess i'll just do a bunch of cardio to prep for it. That's probably the best thing.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote