REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

rear-ended someone, claimed but never fixed

so i rear-ended someone in march of 2011 and claimed it with icbc, which was a mistake thinking back now. there was no damage on the other persons car, as i went right into their tow-hook. i ended up never actually getting it fixed and its pretty minor so i'm gonna leave it. if i do a search on my car will it show an accident? if yes, is there anyway to remove this?

not sure if this is the right forum
Advertisement
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
I think it'll show up but it won't have any details. Just a hunch so I might be wrong.
Posted via RS Mobile
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
My guess is that you reported it as required but if they didn't pay out any money then it will not count against your record. Why not just call them and ask?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
not sure if this is the right forum
Definitely not the right forum.

We seriously need a sub-forum call "I'm too lazy to call up ICBC, so I'll just post on Revscene"

Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If you ever get in another accident where the front of your vehicle needs repair, ICBC will make you pay the deductible on this claim first and then fix your vehicle.

So lets say someone backed into you and hit your bumper and it's their fault, you would have to pay ICBC for your first claim which was your fault before they will fix it for your other claim which sucks because they aren't fixing your bumper twice. It's just their way of making sure you don't have a lot of accidents and let it all rack up and wait for a not at fault accident and fix it all at once.

Happened to a friend where there was a hit and run and he reported to ICBC but never fixed it. Then later got rear ended and the rear bumper needed to be repainted. ICBC made him pay the $300 decductible to clear the hit and run and then processed the rear end accident even though they only had to fix the car once.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote