REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Christmas Help! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/677684-christmas-help.html)

MeowMeow 12-11-2012 06:34 PM

anything general i can get any guy?

Doesn't have to be anything super special
Trying to get few stuff for guy friends but i dont know their size so no clothes.. or what kind of games they already have etc.
Im not looking into spending too much either.

As for what i wanted in the past:
I always wanted lingeries. i have huge lingerie obsession and most girls like pretty bras.
Plus guys can probs score great sex after
But no guys ever got me lingeries D': :alone:
Posted via RS Mobile

PJ 12-11-2012 06:57 PM

Liquor, movie tickets, gift cards (guys don't get offended by gift cards like most girls do lol), cologne, coffee mug... off the top of my head lol

tomatogunk 12-11-2012 08:48 PM

As I guy, I would appreciate it if something gave me something that I would be able to use on a daily basis. 2 years ago, I was given a coffee tumbler. At that time, I didn't appreciate it as I did not have any use for it but now that I'm working and all, I'm quite thankful that I found value and appreciation for the gift.

I would appreciate it if I was given gift cards for the food joints in my work area since taking out food daily can be quite costly.

For the girls in my life, I have bought the following items so far: scarves, Chanel nail polish, iPhone case

TheKingdom2000 12-12-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 8104579)

Trying to get few stuff for guy friends but i dont know their size so no clothes.. or what kind of games they already have etc.

I always wanted lingeries. i have huge lingerie obsession and most girls like pretty bras.
Posted via RS Mobile

No guy friend in their right mind would buy you lingerie unless they are intimate with you. That shit is expensive.

1) compression shorts for sports ($20-30)
2) gift cards to superstore/shoppers/metrotown
3) If they have those shitty ass iphone/ipod headphones, get them some decent headphones (JVC HA-FX40 on sale for $20 today only, these get great reviews on head-fi) more info here;OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS
4) socks, the champion socks you get a costco are fcuking amazing. I love them and chances are the guy hasn't bought socks in a long ass time
5) Joe boxers or similar, it might be too intimate for just friends, but I love new boxers and i'm too cheap to buy them myself.
6) if they smoke chronic, get them a nice grinder (sharp stone or similar ~$20) or rollies
7) face moisturizer, it's something I use daily and I think it would make a great gift for a guy
8) 2 meter iphone/ipod cable, I guarantee they will appreciate this as I've got this for a couple people and they absolutely love it. The OEM length is too short for apple users, especially if they're lying in bed the extra length makes it more comfortable to use and less restricting. ($5-10 locally or $2 on eBay, though it won't arrive in time)

PJ 12-12-2012 07:44 AM

Lingerie isn't that expensive.. When I bought it for my ex I think everything came to around $80 ish? But that was a few years ago..

Anyways, mx's list is pretty solid. I would be happy with 2, 3, 4, 5 or 7 given to me. 7 is actually a good one. It's something guys need, but we don't know what the hell we're looking for when we go buy it. Whenever I'm out of it, I just tell the girlfriend to go get me more.

I don't really play sports other than go to the gym, so I don't have much use for 1, and I don't smoke so I don't have use for 6. But I could imagine both of these would make excellent gifts as well.

hotjoint 12-12-2012 08:24 AM

I bought my GF a waterproof/shockproof/freezeproof aka gfproof camera for our trip to Hawaii in Jan. Dealticker has a nice deal on a Swarovski Elements jewelry set. $200 worth of stuff for $12. Thinking of getting a set for my gf come Valentines day. I've never bought her jewelry but I know that Swarovski is quality since my mom collects the animal crystals :lol. Good gift for a guy on a budget because I know that everyone isn't ballin.

DealTicker: Surrey daily deals. $12 for a 3 Piece Swarovski Elements Crystal Jewelry Set: 2 Elegant Bracelets & 50 mm Hoop Earrings - Taxes & Shipping Included - DealTicker.com

MR_BIGGS 12-12-2012 08:48 AM

Buying the lady some ray ban eye glasses, followed by a white collored shirt, pushup bra, skirt and heels.

:fuckyea:

But in seriousness, she's never been to Van, so after xmas, doing the cliche date i suppose.

Noon-ish to Robson Square for skating, maybe hit up kits for a brisk walk. Head back home, get changed, take her to Lift for dinner and then hit the Stanley Park train ride.

Phil@rise 12-12-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

basic tools to use around the houshold. Hammer pliers etc

Tapioca 12-12-2012 10:53 AM

^ Canadian Tire always has a different socket set on sale each week. I believe there's a Mastercraft Maximum set on sale this week for about $40. I bought one of these initially for household use, but I've upgraded my tools so I now keep the set in my car.

I think something every guy should have is a shoe valet/shoe maintenance kit. You wouldn't believe how many guys fail to take of their shoes in this city. I reckon that most guys don't even have a shoe brush, let alone a set of cloths and polishes. They have these types of sets at Winners quite often and they're not too expensive (<$30).
Posted via RS Mobile

knight604 12-12-2012 10:56 AM

I buying one girl, nail polish as one of the gift and im going to find a store with more than 10 shades of pink.

MeowMeow 12-12-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight604 (Post 8105111)
I buying one girl, nail polish as one of the gift and im going to find a store with more than 10 shades of pink.

I just bought set of six valentines day set (pink and red) from winners for 4.99 LOL
Posted via RS Mobile

knight604 12-12-2012 11:45 AM

LOL, what else is there to get ..

I was going to buy her something expensive but i think it can wait until her birthday.

Maybe 100$ gift card to victoria secret, heard that place opened up.

MeowMeow 12-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knight604 (Post 8105151)
LOL, what else is there to get ..

I was going to buy her something expensive but i think it can wait until her birthday.

Winners surprisingly have looots of stuff. well cheap nail polish.
Got few name brands like OPIs and china glaze too but i can get them from my friends for cheaper and people use them at winners :X
So i only get nail polishs that are sealed from winners.
Posted via RS Mobile

european 12-12-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile

So you're saying I should get you some lingerie?

I gave a girl chocolate for Christmas once. Then I took her snowboarding. It was fun! Possibly a terrible gift though.

MeowMeow 12-12-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 8104996)
No guy friend in their right mind would buy you lingerie unless they are intimate with you. That shit is expensive.

Haha of course i was seeing these guys.
I wouldnt ask my guy friends to get me lingerie.
But anyways thanks a lot for the tips! i think i decided what to do heh :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by european (Post 8105187)
So you're saying I should get you some lingerie?

No

european 12-12-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 8105191)

No

okay :okay:

I saw this pretty neat box that came with a large assortment of tea. What about tea? Tea is sweet! I thought that might be a decent gift.

yellowpower 12-12-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMeow (Post 8105191)

No

So babe, you wanted this one right?

Google Image Result for http://www.funnyflash.com/img/funnies/submissions/112/sexylingerie.jpg

MeowMeow 12-12-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowpower (Post 8105212)

You got that right honey pie <3
Posted via RS Mobile

BaoTurbo 12-12-2012 06:22 PM

My gf says she wants nothing for christmas. Just me. :pokerface:

knight604 12-12-2012 06:36 PM

ITS A FUCKING TARP.

PJ 12-12-2012 09:00 PM

Got her a pair of leather gloves with touch-screen fingers, and a home made card/coupon for dinner at her favourite restaurant (Kobe) and dessert at Thierry.

DONE. FAWK.

Not really racist! 12-12-2012 09:27 PM

^ where are the leather gloves from?

Xplicit_EL 12-12-2012 09:28 PM

what would you get a girl you just started dating beginning of this month? Any ideas?

Mr.HappySilp 12-13-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xplicit_EL (Post 8105648)
what would you get a girl you just started dating beginning of this month? Any ideas?

For me and her we aren't offical yet so I got her a day to day calendar (She recently got a new job so this will do just fine, also she loves the modern family and the calendar is from morden family) also a scarf since she always seems to be cold.

You don't need to buy anything expenisve just meaningful and shows you actually care and pay attention to details.

PJ 12-13-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8105647)
^ where are the leather gloves from?

Danier