REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Guy broke into my buddies apartment in Vancouver via balcony couple years ago and made off with a bunch of stuff. Days later he came back for more, my buddy and four other friends were in the apartment across the hall and a neighbor called him with a heads up "somebody on your balcony." Three of them went downstairs and two went through the apartment, junkie jumps down from the balcony and runs, yada, yada, yads..... he was begging and pleading for someone to call the police. Guess he must have slipped cause the ambulance had to take him away.

Never got his stuff back, never expected to but the satisfaction And all the tenants of the building were standing out on the front lawn the whole time watching like
Advertisement
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

It's incidents like this where you wish the United States annexed Canada so you can have their castle laws instead of being a vigilante. So sad that in Canada the thief can charge you all with assault.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #28
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

You should have just beaten them up, get your deductible money's worth.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
Were they kids? Or teenagers? Or adults?

It's hard to call them lazy police officers. Honestly, if you actually want to charge them, it actually does take quite a bit of evidence - and thousands of taxpayers money. DA's (I don't know if they're called district attorneys here), probably a defense lawyer appointed by the crown, etc, etc.

I know it's the principle of the matter, but the police has to provide enough evidence for the lawyers to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Might be easier for you to actually take this case to civil court to get your money back.

The police (i think) can hold those kids for up to 24 hours without formally charging them, but is that overkill? Civil rights groups would be all over them in a second.
read my prior posts - i'm not looking for a conviction, i just wanted the police to at least try to bring justice - that doesn't mean a conviction, here that would have been to take the kids home, try to scare them into admitting it and then for their parents to pay to fix what their idiot kids did

they're kids - they're idiots, i'm REALLY hoping they would get a holy beating at the hands of their parents, and then learn to respect authority and other ppl's assets - then to go on work hard, study hard, get good jobs and be good members of society - by the cops doing nothing, it has just told them "do what you want, the system won't do shit about it"

Utter BS
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #30
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

If they ignore the ICBC letter requesting the deductible, sue them in small claims court.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
If they ignore the ICBC letter requesting the deductible, sue them in small claims court.
just not worth my time, not to want to sound like a douche, but i make too much money to take time to spend on this, to get $300... it's just so frustrating how our 'system' handcuffs us
Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
read my prior posts - i'm not looking for a conviction, i just wanted the police to at least try to bring justice - that doesn't mean a conviction, here that would have been to take the kids home, try to scare them into admitting it and then for their parents to pay to fix what their idiot kids did

they're kids - they're idiots, i'm REALLY hoping they would get a holy beating at the hands of their parents, and then learn to respect authority and other ppl's assets - then to go on work hard, study hard, get good jobs and be good members of society - by the cops doing nothing, it has just told them "do what you want, the system won't do shit about it"

Utter BS
By the cops doing nothing? Man, I'm trying hard to side with you cause I've been on the short end of a vandalism claim.

It's not the cop's job to parent these kids. Could they have yelled at them, try and scare them a bit? Sure, but you know damn right the kids wouldn't have cared. It just becomes a cool story to tell their other friends the next time they hang out. Even if the cops took them home, you think their parents would have done anything? God no. I bet just about anything, the kid's parents would have yelled at the COPS, rather than the kid. "How dare you try and parent/treat my kid this way!" Parents are idiots these days, and are raising loser kids.

Sometimes cops have bigger problems to deal with, and that is just life in a big city. It sounds like your beef should be with their parents, not the cops. In which case you should have snagged their ID, and paid a visit to each of the kids houses. Have a heart to heart with their parents.

Since money isn't any issue, at least you get a $300 paint job out of it!
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #33
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Kids generally act they way there parents raised them, Sure there are some exceptions to any rule but in all honesty, There parents would of been almost guaranteed would do nothing.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

You should have recorded the kids admitting they had keyed the cars.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Guy broke into my buddies apartment in Vancouver via balcony couple years ago and made off with a bunch of stuff. Days later he came back for more, my buddy and four other friends were in the apartment across the hall and a neighbor called him with a heads up "somebody on your balcony." Three of them went downstairs and two went through the apartment, junkie jumps down from the balcony and runs, yada, yada, yads..... he was begging and pleading for someone to call the police. Guess he must have slipped cause the ambulance had to take him away.
now that's what i call a whambulance.
HansonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
By the cops doing nothing? Man, I'm trying hard to side with you cause I've been on the short end of a vandalism claim.

It's not the cop's job to parent these kids. Could they have yelled at them, try and scare them a bit? Sure, but you know damn right the kids wouldn't have cared. It just becomes a cool story to tell their other friends the next time they hang out. Even if the cops took them home, you think their parents would have done anything? God no. I bet just about anything, the kid's parents would have yelled at the COPS, rather than the kid. "How dare you try and parent/treat my kid this way!" Parents are idiots these days, and are raising loser kids.

Sometimes cops have bigger problems to deal with, and that is just life in a big city. It sounds like your beef should be with their parents, not the cops. In which case you should have snagged their ID, and paid a visit to each of the kids houses. Have a heart to heart with their parents.

Since money isn't any issue, at least you get a $300 paint job out of it!
vancouver != big city
this is in an area with million dollar houses (nothing special in this city nowadays), but generally 'better' end of ppl

kids are kids, they are stupid, good kids do dumb things, i wouldn't give up on their parents that easily

i did some stupid things (no i never keyed a car) when i was a kid, my parents are great parents and i've turned out just fine... so we can't just assume the parents would do nothing

the police are probably more interested in giving tickets to someone going 15km/h over the limit that dealing with a real crime - a crime against property
This post FAILED by: