REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Apparently, randomly cancelling your flight and not telling you about it is SOP for Alaska:
Alaska Airlines Cancels All Your Wedding Guests’ Flights, Forgets To Tell You

There's one thing that doesn't make sense in the story (well, several things actually, but one really glaring one): despite arriving only 45 minutes before their scheduled flight... it says that at 25 minutes before scheduled departure, they were told they'd already missed the flight?? So... the plane left EARLY? And somehow it's THEIR fault for missing it?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Apparently, randomly cancelling your flight and not telling you about it is SOP for Alaska:
Alaska Airlines Cancels All Your Wedding Guests’ Flights, Forgets To Tell You

There's one thing that doesn't make sense in the story (well, several things actually, but one really glaring one): despite arriving only 45 minutes before their scheduled flight... it says that at 25 minutes before scheduled departure, they were told they'd already missed the flight?? So... the plane left EARLY? And somehow it's THEIR fault for missing it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #28
Old School RS

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,197 Posts
I am so fucking tired of stupid cunts illiciting other stupid people to join their stupid fucking causes on the internet. Arriving to an airport 45 minutes before your flight is just retarded and the entire rest of the rant is predicated on that one, single, conscious, retarded decision.

Mark
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #29
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

When OP says 45 min, I'm gonna assume he hit the parking like 45 min prior and by the time he's in, he's probably at 35-40 min. Even then, he could've did the online check in with the computers...not sure why he didn't do that.

And I've flown Allegiant/Alaska about a dozen times with absolutely no problems(except for 1 unexplained delay)

One time I even changed my flight with Alaska 2 hours before my departure time with no problems. Just called in, got charged $75 change fee, and moved on.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #30
private modder

Thanked 2,606 Times in 732 Posts
It's common for airlines to cancel return flights if the outbound is missed. They do this to avoid people buying cheaper return flights instead of expensive one-way flights and then ditching the return portion.

It is not the airline's responsibility to inform the passengers if the flights are cancelled due to a missed outbound flight when it was the passenger's fault. It's spelled out in the terms and conditions. A lot of people don't know this but it happens all the time.

(Happened to me once when I missed a connection and Air Canada's computer cancelled the rest of my booking. I had no idea until I eventually showed up at the gate for my connecting flight. But since the missed connection wasn't my fault, they rebooked me at no charge).

I think he has a legit complaint about the agent who confirmed he was booked on a new return flight, then when he showed up at the airport they couldn't find any record of the booking. The airline should have honored the first price quoted on the phone.

Also, he mentions he had a credit in the system, so it sounds like Alaska did give him some credits back for his missed flights, which he was lucky to get.

Oh well. What can you do.
Eff-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #31
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
In these times when customer service is absolute shit everywhere, you need to put in every fail safe possible to cover your ass when CS reps tell you Somthing

Write down booking numbers, reference numbers, tell them to show you in the computer, get a manager to write you a note etc

Relying on Somthing to just work out or be ready when you arrive is a dream
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote