REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
What would use less energy? CCFL vs Incandescent sensor light

Along the side of my house I have a sensor that activates 2 x incandescent spot light bulbs when motion is detected. It is a bit sensitive so sometimes even rain drops are setting it off.

So...I also have a light fixture a few feet from it that is equipped with a CCFL bulb...

So question is...what works out to be more energy efficient?

The sensor vs the CCFL bulb left on 24/7?
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
More energy efficient is going to be the incandescent used on occasion. CFL's don't take to being switched on and off all that well either, so you'll burn through bulbs.

I have CFL's that have been in continuous operation for coming up on 3 years that I haven't changed, and I have bulbs on a switch that I replace all the time.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
I STILL don't get it

give us some numbers and we can do the math
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote