REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 12-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Coil Bind Noise from Springs

Hey guys,

I have skunk2 lowering springs on my Honda Civic Si. They have been on for quite a while now so I'm sure that they have settled and I went for a wheel alignment recently. I'm getting popping noises when i'm turning at slow speeds; Particularly when i'm parking. How can I eliminate this noise?
Advertisement
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

jack up ur car then take out both wheels have 1 of ur friend help steer it left and right and see what the spring is doing (i.e. check springs if they are sitting on perch properly) or even different component there might be loose bolts from installing those springs.
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

popping noise is not normal. I know that it is normal to have sounds from springs while turning the wheel when parking, or going up speedbumps
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #4

Thanks for the help. I ordered a set of Tein rubbers silencers for the springs hopefully that will eliminate the noise.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
you would rather silence the problem than fix it? will only cause for further/damage in the near future.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #6

I'd rather fix it. I know my springs do not have rubber inserts where the coils make contact with the cars weight on it so that must be the problem.