REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

certified pre-owned mercedes

Hey guys,

Wondering if it worth it to get a certified preowned mercedes. Seems like they cost more but it usually gives you an additional 2 years/40k on the major drivetrain components. I'm considering a 2010 mercedes glk 350.

Also i have read that it is hard to budge on price when it is certified? any truth to this. The mercedes dealership in the richmond automall has quite a few and i'm planning on purchasing one soon.

would you still recommend getting an outside inspection done (ie BCAA) or is that overkill since its certified?

thanks
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
A 2010 model should still be like new. The normal warranty on a Mercedes is 4 years/80,000 kms and when certified it becomes 6 years/120,000 kms.

I wouldn't worry about any major problems because it should be covered.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
certified pre owned = goes thru a 4 page inspection sheet. most of the maintenance is done, brakes are inspected (forgot the numbers, but they are replaced even if they are no where near done). basically, if they find anything on the car that needs fixing or replacing, they got the go ahead from warranty to do so,

the original warranty, if still remain, still applies, then an additional SCW certified pre owned is applied afterwards, I think it was 2 years.

you can opt to buy ELW extended warranty, at a discount compared over someone that bought the car new, its from SCW to ELW, your business manager can explain.

2010 GLK, the only thing I would ask is if the transfer case was seen as leaking and or has been resealed.

other than that, solid cars.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

It's true, it's very hard to negotiate on price since you are saving thousand compared to new eh. Plus having the warranty gives you a piece of mind, which is a huge relieve, mines been trouble free so far=). If you are planning to keep the car for awhile I would highly recommend he extended as well eh.
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Not sure why you would need that, it's practically a brand new car. I drive junkers and don't have any problems. I'd recommend buying privately if possible, you'd save money. Unfortunately the glk is damn good car, no one wants to sell them.

Last edited by vantrip; 12-16-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: english noob
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

ttt. Any one else know if there is room to negotiate on a certified mercedes? price of vehicles range from 33,800-36,800. Gonna hit up the dealerships in the next few days.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Since we are on the topic of GLKs. Anyone know when the glk 250 bluetec diesel is coming to canada?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
eta is 2nd quarter of this year. however most have been spoken for already. i heard the waitlist is decent. i would say try contacting your dealer around may, see if they have one to test drive.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: