REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #26
N8
I STILL don't get it

^ Glad you are alright and limbs in tact!

I think you should consider getting a car, you can afford an older civic. Then try some autocross - you might catch the bug, it can substitute for the thrill on a bike... Just too many psycho drivers out there imo to be on a bike.
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Sigh. I just laid out some coin for an engagement ring. I can't bend my knees and I'm planning to propose to her next week on her birthday. This whole thing is horrible timing. I will be in bandages asking her to marry me... Argh
Posted via RS Mobile
ninjette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjette View Post

- Yes I am a female personal trainer who rides. But if I'm a butterface too... that's what full face helmets are for
Quote:
Sigh. I just laid out some coin for an engagement ring. I can't bend my knees and I'm planning to propose to her next week on her birthday. This whole thing is horrible timing. I will be in bandages asking her to marry me... Argh
Posted via RS Mobile
MandarinOrange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-22-2012, 02:10 AM   #29
I STILL don't get it

Thanks, guys.

My bike was a Ninja 250 special edition (bright green). I am not sure what the car was since he booked it.

Here's to having hope that the holidays will be nice for my family.

I can't bend my knees. Usually this wouldn't be a huge deal, but I am planning to propose to my girlfriend next week, and I need my knees!
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Whoa!

I didn't know that you had posted this - thanks buddy!!!

Just to clarify things: On Monday it wasn't very cold and it wasn't raining where I was. I was getting an important parcel from UPS and upon dropping it off at home, the sun came out and the roads cleared and I thought it would be nice to take my baby out to work that day.

So I did, and it was great. I have experience riding in hail and snow, so this wasn't a problem. I'm a very cautious driver. It's my first motorcycle, bought used in August, but not my first time riding. I have never been in an accident since I was 16.

Anyway, it still wasn't raining when I left work that night (yes, I'm a personal trainer, which helped my leg not snap off according to the paramedic) so I didn't think twice about it. Instead of getting on the highway like I usually do, I played it safe and decided I should take the smaller roads back home.

A couple points I'd like to make...

- It is really cold nowadays, I agree fully. But I exercise out in the cold all the time, it doesn't bug me very much. There's a Norwegian saying: "there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad equipment". Granted I'm Canadian, but I think it applies to some extent here.
*also I had hand warmers... yay!*

- Yes, it's a Ninja 250. I also don't understand some rider logic (the t-shirts and shorts thing...) especially the "bigger is better" thing. Really. I'm 5'2" and I got this bike because I can ride it comfortably. I don't see sense in buying a 600 and not being able to touch the ground and straddle the tank. I learned on a Suzuki 550 and I was barely able to touch the ground. Besides, my bike maxes out at 120mph or something. I'd never max out on a highway and wouldn't risk it - I'm just not that kind of girl.

- Also, I'm poor. That's why I ride and I don't drive. Never owned a car and don't plan to. I belong on 2 wheels. Being poor is also why I didn't get a 600... gas mileage doesn't equate to what I'd get out of the engine, and the insurance is higher.

- I was told by my lawyer today that this is in fact classified as a hit and run (or shadow hit as some people say) because ... something got hit. and someone ran.

- Yes I am a female personal trainer who rides. But if I'm a butterface too... that's what full face helmets are for
Knows the dangers. Does it anyway.

WOMAN LOGIC.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
Knows the dangers. Does it anyway.

WOMAN LOGIC.
What danger?

I ride because it feels awesome and I get free unlimited parking near my workplace. If I had a car there's a 2 hour maximum or $3/hour. Practicality is a woman's specialty haha
Old 12-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

For you guys who are so desperately seeking pics, there is an easy way requiring approx 4 clicks, some typing, and another two clicks.

I won't make it any easier though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #33
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
For you guys who are so desperately seeking pics, there is an easy way requiring approx 4 clicks, some typing, and another two clicks.

How very interesting. I've been trying to google myself for years but my name is too common. How do you do it, master please do tell!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Lol.. google

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #35
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
How very interesting. I've been trying to google myself for years but my name is too common. How do you do it, master please do tell!
Posted via RS Mobile
Nevermind. I found out how. Ha... well enjoy.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #36
Why'd you do that for?

Hate to tell you the truth, but doubt posting on here is gonna make any difference in finding any leads. Posting this kind of stuff will only get you trolled...

As a fellow rider, it pisses me off to see this cause you see so many bad drivers on the road. Just cause of this accident, people point out the weather, the season, temperature, crotch rocket, riding in general, but really its just aggressive drivers that don't give two shits. Anyways...hope you have a speedy recovery and continue riding

See you on the road!
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #37
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
was someone lucky enough to get pic of the plate or description of the car?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk604 View Post
Hate to tell you the truth, but doubt posting on here is gonna make any difference in finding any leads. Posting this kind of stuff will only get you trolled...

As a fellow rider, it pisses me off to see this cause you see so many bad drivers on the road. Just cause of this accident, people point out the weather, the season, temperature, crotch rocket, riding in general, but really its just aggressive drivers that don't give two shits. Anyways...hope you have a speedy recovery and continue riding

See you on the road!
As a fellow rider, it pisses me off to see newbs riding in these conditions.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Yeah, I parked it back in October and it was already too cold to be riding (mechanically, not physically).

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #40
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post

creepy.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #41
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk604 View Post

See you on the road!
Thanks

Yeah. I felt really helpless when it first happened and thought I could find support in the RS/forum communities.

Lesson learned. I don't normally go on forums anymore. I used to, and I just remembered why.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #42
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
was someone lucky enough to get pic of the plate or description of the car?
No, unfortunately not.

My abs hurt when I pee
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #43
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
As a fellow rider, it pisses me off to see newbs riding in these conditions.
I'm not sure if you understand the situation fully enough to get why I ride in December.

Not that you need to know why, but it is probably beyond your capacity to understand anyway.

Just leave the "newbs" alone, we will apparently go kill ourselves off anyway. Darwinism.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #44
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

oh, shit son! glad you still have her in your life.
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #45
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

This thread just shows the maturity level of RS.net
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #46
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8 View Post
^ Glad you are alright and limbs in tact!

I think you should consider getting a car, you can afford an older civic. Then try some autocross - you might catch the bug, it can substitute for the thrill on a bike... Just too many psycho drivers out there imo to be on a bike.

LOL.

Good luck replacing the feeling of riding a bike with a civic on an autocross track.

Only people who has never ridden would say shit like this.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #47
I am Hook'd on RS

I won't be able to help you for this case, but I would suggest a helmet cam. Contour or GoPro makes one that you can mount to your helmet. That way even if it was a shadow hit and run it gives you a better chance to try and grab a license plate or make and model. I put a dash cam in my car a year ago and I've won 2 ICBC cases with it. Never leaving home without that cam
MaxinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
I bringith the lowerballerith

I ride a bike in the summertime and just from seeing this thread,I'm now convinced that I will be adding a dashcam and retrofit it onto my bike.

Will be hitting up forum sponsor ASR for a dashcam in the new year.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #49
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
I ride a bike in the summertime and just from seeing this thread,I'm now convinced that I will be adding a dashcam and retrofit it onto my bike.

Will be hitting up forum sponsor ASR for a dashcam in the new year.
ooo I have one for the car but good idea for the bike, i think i'll just get a gopro, way easier
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #50
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
ooo I have one for the car but good idea for the bike, i think i'll just get a gopro, way easier
I thought about the gopro,but it just looks too big and clumsy on a bike.I really like the design of the dashcam ASR carries,I can make a bracket for the cam and mount it under the tripple trees where it will be hidden but still capture what I need.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote