REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
I'll get failed for this, but don't u guys remember the eaton centre shooting a couple of months ago?

Yes, it's worse in the states, and I hope they at very least get rid of semi automatic guns, preferably all guns... But it's not perfectly safe in Canada.

To say 'I'll never live in the states' is short sighted and ignorant

Lets not forget the greyhound knife murder a short while back - plenty of wackos here too, more in the states, and more have guns... But there is risk everywhere

Britain got rid of guns, now everyone shanks each other with blades, just a sad fact of life

I really hope this puts more continued pressure on the government to curb the freedoms of people to have guns, so messed up
Advertisement
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
let america take themselves down. The rest of the world doesn't need their shit
So ignorant, biggest economy in the world, one major centre of innovation, ya we don't need them

We don't need retards like you, that's the truth
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
So ignorant, biggest economy in the world, one major centre of innovation, ya we don't need them

lol retards like me, yeah they play a big factor in todays economy but the thing is, we can survive. We are an intelligent species and we don't need to depend on one country. I got my own opinions, you got your own, faggot.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #29
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
This is a very emotive statement and one that I would make if I felt frustrated at what occurred, which I would safely say the majority of us are. But I don't think that a couple shootings alone is going to "take the US down". They have a population base of over 300 million. Besides, bad things happen everywhere all the time.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 12-24-2012 at 07:39 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #30
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
lol retards like me, yeah they play a big factor in todays economy but the thing is, we can survive. We are an intelligent species and we don't need to depend on one country. I got my own opinions, you got your own, faggot.
Not really, Canada is almost completely dependent on the US. That rich oil field in Alberta that Canadians love to brag about? most of it goes to the US. Noticed when the US crashed in 2008, the world followed and lots of people got laid off?

this dependency is why Canadians and the CBC love anti-american sentiments. "yeah well we burnt down your whitehouse in 1812!!!" too bad Canada didnt exist back then.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #31
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Who gives a shit what time of the year it is, it doesn't make the ruthless tragic death of a loved one any worse..... I'm sure the last thing they are saying is 'WHY DURING CHRISTMAS'.....

Really?! Get Christmas out of your ass
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Innocent people are dying. I'm sure you don't advocate for the death of children and other civis, asshat.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #33
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
WEBSTER, N.Y. - Police in New York state say the man who lured firefighters to their deaths in a blaze of gunfire left a note saying he wanted to burn down the neighbourhood and "do what I like doing best, killing people."

Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said Tuesday that the man's sister had not yet been found. He said 62-year-old ex-convict William Spengler armed himself with three weapons and set his house on fire to lure first responders into a death trap.

Two firefighters were shot dead and two others are hospitalized. Spengler killed himself as seven houses burned around him Monday.
The guy burned down 7 houses and ambushed the fire fighters and left a note basically saying he was crazy. After already spending a ton of time in prison for being crazy.

And gun control is the problem?! This guy is fucking nuts! If he didn't have guns he probably would have acquired bombs. There should been systems in place to catch people like this.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #34
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
It's unbelievable to hear about so many crazy motherfuckers with guns these days. First, the wacko in Newtown, Connecticut, now this nutjob in New York State. Columbine high school, the list goes on and on. It's madness, sheer madness!

-really hoping that President Obama, and VP Biden get some powerful legislation to deal with the gun issue. New laws may not stop all these awful incidents from happening, but action must be taken. Something has to be done about to protect people.

I am a bit surprised to hear that the assault weapons ban in the U.S. that expired in 2004, was not renewed during the past eight years.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
The issue isn't about guns. It's about the people who use them.

This guy was set on killing people. Like RRxtar said, if it wasn't guns he used, it could've been a bomb. Or a car. Or a homemade flamethrower.

You guys hear guns and killing, and you think all these incidents are related. Think about the people and the killing instead.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #36
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
The issue isn't about guns. It's about the people who use them.
True. No doubt about it. I think it's a combination of the availability of guns, and people with mental issues.

Obama knows that it's a "people" problem as well.

Perhaps a full psychiatric evaluation for all people that want to buy guns or renew gun permits? Everybody needs to see a shrink?

Sandy Hook Tragedy Inspires Obama's Push for Harsher Gun Control [OPINION] - December 19 12 3:58 EST - ForexTV.com

A second issue stemming from this is mental health issues; President Obama recognized the fact that "the vast majority of gun owners in America are responsible," however this cannot deter our thoughts from the fact that the few gun owners who are not responsible and/or mentally unstable are capable of causing vast amounts of damage. Calls for more mental health funding have been suggested, which in theory are beneficial, but who is to say that all those in need of professional help are willing to admit it, and actually go and receive it. Perhaps what is needed is a combination of gun control and mental health issues, requiring a complete background check and full psychological evaluation before the purchase of any weapon. This would potentially decrease the number of individuals dangerous to the public, who would be able to obtain firearms.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #37
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
What I would like to determine is how the shooter acquired his weapons. If he got it legally, which at the moment sounds unlikely given his past, then I would talk gun control. If he bought it off the street or stole it, the argument can't be made about gun control for law-abiding citizens. He obviously isn't a law-abiding citizen, so whatever gun laws they make out of this, people like him don't apply.

I mean, just my opinion. Feel free to enlighten me.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #38
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
17 years in prison for murdering his grandma. If he legally bought the guns Ill pee my pants.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #39

Quote:
Not a very articulate response, but that's no surprise

Remember 2008, if the US economy disappeared, there would be some significant changes to the world - our economic system is fine in steady state, throw a wrench in there and it can and will blow up in our faces

And faggot? Really, that's the best come back you have?
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #40

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
The guy burned down 7 houses and ambushed the fire fighters and left a note basically saying he was crazy. After already spending a ton of time in prison for being crazy.

And gun control is the problem?! This guy is fucking nuts! If he didn't have guns he probably would have acquired bombs. There should been systems in place to catch people like this.

There is a system for people like this. Its called the Legal system, and unfortunately, it sucks.

Any guy that beats his grandma to death should be considered a piece of shit in society, and either given the bullet, or throw away the keys to his cell.

I hope the jusge that only gave him 17 years in jail is around to see this. I'm not a big fan of dumb logic, but, in this case, some of the blood of these deaths are on his (the judges) hands.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #41
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I don't understand. Are you blaming their 2nd amendment? If so, I don't see how the 2 are connected. NY state, if I'm not mistaken, has one of toughest gun control laws of the country. "May issue" vs. "shall issue".
Maybe if they (the firefighters) had a "Good person with a gun" protecting them everything would have been okay. (I'm being sarcastic here)

RIP all the familes involved. Horrible.

I'm not blaming the 2nd amendment for this, but I just don't see a reason for everyone and their dog to have a gun. I guess i'm just biased though since I really dislike gun's in civilian hands. Military use sure, but people don't need military style gun's to "protect" themselves.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #42
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
The amount of ignorance these days is just simply mind boggling.
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #43
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:

Biggest economy in the world??
US National Debt: $87 trillion

America's True National Debt: $87 Trillion - Guy Benson
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #44
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
US debt is owned by Japan and China

Japan owns almost as much U.S. debt as China - Oct. 22, 2012
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Biggest economy in the world??
US National Debt: $87 trillion

America's True National Debt: $87 Trillion - Guy Benson
Who is talking debt? We're talking largest economy, GDP/GNP

Debt can be a good thing... The US has taken on too much and that will slow growth in the coming years, but having said that in 2008/2009, we needed it to stay afloat

Most ppl don't understand debt, everyone should appreciate it (as a dbl edged sword)
Old 12-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #46
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
no, it's owned by the us citizens and banks; the media keeps shying away from that fact and want people to believe that china holds all us debt

china and japan are just the largest state debt holders

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...uments/mfh.txt
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #47

Thank u - too many idiots just run with the global tv, or equivalent, headlines
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #48
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Who is talking debt? We're talking largest economy, GDP/GNP

Debt can be a good thing... The US has taken on too much and that will slow growth in the coming years, but having said that in 2008/2009, we needed it to stay afloat

Most ppl don't understand debt, everyone should appreciate it (as a dbl edged sword)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed
no, it's owned by the us citizens and banks; the media keeps shying away from that fact and want people to believe that china holds all us debt

china and japan are just the largest state debt holders
Expanding slightly further; people fail to recognize debt is relative to income, and the media will never show a chart of US debt/revenue over time, because it helps people to understand the issue, and that's not good for their business. 86 trillion is a shocking number, enough to bankrupt a smaller country like Canada or Australia, but it's totally manageable for America if they improvement fiscal management slightly. The US needs to address the ways it spends money,but the nation is not teetering on the edge of a proverbial cliff.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: