REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   STOLEN black iphone 4 with bright red hello kitty case (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678432-stolen-black-iphone-4-bright-red-hello-kitty-case.html)

SupraTTturbo2jz 12-27-2012 10:55 PM

STOLEN black iphone 4 with bright red hello kitty case

hi guys, wondering if there is anything I can do to locate a stolen iphone 4? find my iphone was not activated, no location apps.
my sis was at the osaka market in richmond, put her phone down for a split sec on the counter to pay, some fucker grabbed it and turned off the phone. That was a stupid move by her I know. My sis and her bf asked security to look at the video cameras, the security guard said he saw nothing and cant show the video and also the cashier said she didnt see anything. thanks

noventa 12-27-2012 11:04 PM

good luck with your phone. I sure hope they don't take off that red hello kitty case. Will keep a lookout for you.

1exotic 12-27-2012 11:13 PM

^Why would anyone want a hello kitty case, I'm sure it was removed and thrown away..

good luck anyways.

Verdasco 12-28-2012 12:46 AM

the security / management HAS to show who took it. Someone (either you or your sis) is not trying enough to get the footage

SupraTTturbo2jz 12-28-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verdasco (Post 8117809)
the security / management HAS to show who took it. Someone (either you or your sis) is not trying enough to get the footage

how are we not trying hard enough? we cannot force the guard to show it. All we can do is ask cops to check the video

dee242 12-28-2012 01:24 AM

dont even bother cut your losses and buy a new phone its gone

StylinRed 12-28-2012 02:44 AM

check your credit card policy (if it was bought with a card) some cc's will replace it for you

Stormspirit 12-28-2012 03:12 AM

forget abt it, iphone 4 worthless anywayas, just get iphone 5 or s3 / note 2 and call it.

parm104 12-28-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Really? They HAVE to show you the video? Where are you getting this rule from?

Mr.HappySilp 12-28-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 8117859)
Really? They HAVE to show you the video? Where are you getting this rule from?

I think if you open a case file with the police then they have to show it to the police?

Consider your phone lost. But I would suggest remove that phone from your apple acct so it can't be used to try to access your apple acct or buy apps with your acct. Is under settings I think and it shows how many device are authorize to download from your acct.

RiceIntegraRS 12-28-2012 07:11 AM

I recently lost my iphone 4, and i was under contract with telus for a year. I was gonna buy another iphone 4 for like $200, but i ended up signing another contract with telus and got an iphone 5 for basically the same money.

Unfortunately my last backup for my iphone was back in Feb 2012. So i lost a shitload of contacts but fortunately whatsapp saved up all my contacts from the day i lost it. So all of that was saved. But pictures were gone though.....

bing 12-28-2012 08:08 AM

^Get dropbox, it's free. I sync all my pictures regularly from my iPhone to a folder located on my desktop. I also have access to my MS-word documents.

lowside67 12-28-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

They sure as hell don't HAVE to show you anything. They don't even HAVE to show the police the footage upon request. The only time they would HAVE to turn it over is upon being served a warrant for it by the police.

Mark

racerman88 12-28-2012 09:31 AM

Look into the apple care warranty for the next iho e if she gets one. I was told that it will cover lost or stolen iPhones.
Have to be really careful now as smartphones or cells in general, have been targeted more more now.

TheKingdom2000 12-28-2012 09:42 AM

Everyone who has a phone should be using Google sync and drop box.
Google sync automatically backs up contacts and calendars, while dropbox automatically backs up pictures taken by camera.

Sorry to hear OP. Pretty ballsy to steal a phone like that though. At least it wasn't her wallet.
Posted via RS Mobile

vantrip 12-28-2012 09:56 AM

That'll teach her to put on a hello kitty case :troll:

jk

In seriousness though file a police complaint. If he gets busted down the road and he still has the iphone you can get it back. This is pretty common for petty thieves to get caught.

accordpoop 12-28-2012 11:45 AM

Will keep an eye out for a used hello kitty case in craigslist, phone is gone bro...

SupraTTturbo2jz 12-28-2012 02:49 PM

yeah thanks guys, I am just going to buy her a new phone just hope she does learn to put it in her pocket or purse from now on. My gf does the same thing, leaves phone around on benches, counter tops and walks away to try on shoes, i have to end up grabbing their stuff and they freak out after not knowing who took them.:facepalm: fricken women these days.:fuckthatshit:

BrRsn 12-29-2012 12:36 AM

^ yeah bro ever since they got the right to vote everything's just been a downward spiral with them

Mr.HappySilp 12-29-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz (Post 8118115)
yeah thanks guys, I am just going to buy her a new phone just hope she does learn to put it in her pocket or purse from now on. My gf does the same thing, leaves phone around on benches, counter tops and walks away to try on shoes, i have to end up grabbing their stuff and they freak out after not knowing who took them.:facepalm: fricken women these days.:fuckthatshit:

It could be with the case they use. I know some girls who use cause with bulky design on the back which makes it impossible to put in their pockets...... http://www.wholesale4case.com/1345-2...ne-4-4g-4s.jpg

jofo 12-29-2012 11:02 AM

1. AppleCare doesn't cover lost or stolen phones
2. Google sync is being discontinued soon
3. Just get a new phone, not worth the hassle and odds are very slim you will ever find it

AzNightmare 12-29-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz (Post 8118115)

lol, why don't you tell your woman to go buy her phone herself. Maybe she will actually take some responsibility in taking care of it better.

:badpokerface:

falcon 12-29-2012 04:47 PM

Hey man, I got a sweet deal on a blak Iphone4. PM me if you are interested. It's in mint shape, and has been in a case all it's life (case is not included). :fullofwin:

SupraTTturbo2jz 12-29-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8118824)
lol, why don't you tell your woman to go buy her phone herself. Maybe she will actually take some responsibility in taking care of it better.

:badpokerface:

if you read, its for my sister. Shit happens, first time she got her phone stolen. Who would be ready for that at the counter right?

parm104 12-29-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz (Post 8118840)
Who would be ready for that at the counter right?

Your sister will be ready for that at the counter from now on......I hope.