REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Looking for indochino reviews?

Hi Guys,

i am considering to get a custom fit suit from indochino, and i have been looking at the reviews online, some bad some good.

So i want to see if anyone of you guys have gotten a suit from there, and how did it fit, does it look decent, would you guys recommend me to get it from there?

thanks
Advertisement
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
No experience with indochino but my friends give mixed reviews. Some like it some don't. If you decide to go that route just give yourself enough time for alterations and all that. You can probably expect a reasonable fitting suit in 1 and 1/2 months time if everything works out.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
No personal experience, but one of my friends got one. After alternations and everything, I must say it looks damn good, especially for the price.

The fit really depends on who you go for alterations. You cant expect much from stock size.

and Steve Nash approves.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
a suit is an expensive purchase, and its also something that requires really precise fit to look great.
i just have a major problem with buying a suit online. you can get it tailored but suit alterations arent the cheapest, so consider that when looking at the online price.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Indochino provides an alterations credit. And it's MTM, so the process by which you buy the suit is more involved. It's not as simple as picking a suit out online.

@OP: There are lots of Indochino fits on reddit
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I have an indochino suit

the fit is pretty good but my beef is with the loose threads and fabric, especially on the inner liner of the suit. my suit is black and the liner is red, and you can see red material poking through to the outside of the suit, which is especially noticeable on a suit with my colour combo.

you do get what you pay for. if i could go back, choose a colour for the inner lining that is not conspicuous.

"The value of life can be measured by how many times the soul has been deeply stirred"- Soichiro Honda
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/Raffinatto

Dennis is super active in social media, he's got too much riding on his rep to screw people over.
If it works out for you, let me know.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
https://www.facebook.com/Raffinatto

Dennis is super active in social media, he's got too much riding on his rep to screw people over.
If it works out for you, let me know.
Does he have an actual website to check things out? www.raffinatto.com just loops back to the FB page.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #9

How do i go about checking out the raffinatto stuff? i guess thye dont have a store in vancouver.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

I was actively looking for a new suit about 2 weeks back.
Had my mind set on a MTM suit. There were a lot of mix review for Indochino suits.
Mainly because it's either a hit or miss (seems like there were more misses though) on the fit. So I thought since it's either a hit or miss with these online MTM suits, I'll give my business to ModernTailor because it was about $80 cheaper than Indochino for the basic suits.
Created my account on ModernTailor and was working on getting all the measurements in. Then, I duck a little deaper into SuitSupply because I've read that the fabrics are a lot better and the cuts are a lot better too with minimal tailoring needed.
On top of that, SuitSupply's turnaround time is a lot shorter about a week compared to the MTMs that have 3-4 weeks turnaround time.

So I ended up with ordering 2 suits from SuitSupply.
Napoli Navy and a Napoli Dark Grey.
Want to try both and see which I like better to keep. They have free return shipping

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #11

How was the fit and material from suit supply. How does it look.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
How was the fit and material from suit supply. How does it look.
I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.
Will report back once I get them.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #13

As promised I'm reporting back.
Received both of the suits yesterday.
I don't have a lot of suits to compare to except for the boxy Moores suit my dad gave me about 7 years ago.
I like the material. It's thinner than the Moores suit but feels good. A lot better than then crappy poly blend suits from Zara.
Fit is ALMOST perfect. Why almost? I blame my damned sloped shoulders.
Because of this the sleeves of the jacket falls about 0.5"-1" short.
Trousers needs to hemmed but otherwise the suit fits perfect. Nice slim fit but not overly like Zara suits. Zara suits fits very slim and the jackets are shorter. Very trendy but it won't last.
I've decided that I'll be keeping the Dark grey (Charcoal) one.
The Navy has the slightest shine to the material. It looks great no doubt but I think as my first nicer suits the Dark grey is more versatile for me. If I'm getting a 2nd suit I will go for the Navy one for sure.
This is just my initial impressions and I might get better pictures and report back.

Please excuse the quick and dirty pic (and dirty mirror) with non-matching tie
Oh and please chime in if you like to comment on the overall fit.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
JLC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

There are a ton of good and bad reviews for Indochino...

I got one of their suits for a wedding as the groom wanted everyone in the wedding party to have matching suits.

3 out of 4 of us had to get extra alterations done. Even after $80 on alterations on mine, it still didnt fit great. The tailor had recommended that in order to get it to fit great, it would run me about $225...(Townline Tailors on Howe). The other guys had similar experiences.

Although they didnt fit great, there wasn't enough time to really do too much about it so we all stuck with it and sported them for the wedding. Again, they didnt look horrible, but they didnt look great.

That wedding was 3 years ago. Not a single one of us has worn that suit since that wedding day (although its a super nice grey suit...if only it fit better).

A true custom suit typically takes 3-4 fittings before it can be completed...so although Indochino takes all your measurements and custom makes the suit, there is no way to get a truly perfect fit the first time (unless you're just lucky)

Who knows though, if after a few orders, you've made enough small changes to the suit's fit, it could at that point be where it fits like a glove and could look amazing. (or if you luck out the first time and it just fits awesome - which could and has happened for many)

Suit Supply
Love their store!! Their clothes are of superior quality to Indochino without question.
Their suits, blazers, shirts, jackets, all fit amazing...at least for my body type...Love them!

Last edited by JLC; 02-07-2013 at 10:04 AM.
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote