REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
anyone work for BESTBUY mobile department? need some help

alright, so i bought an iphone 4s from best buy approx a year ago, and got the added warranty through bestbuy, it costs about 11$ a month or something, those who work there know what im talking about.

warranty claims that with any problem the phone may carry bestbuy will replace it with value or original reciept.. at least thats what the sales rep told me

so my phones been acting up pretty bad latley, shuts off at 30-40% battery, when trying to turn on says battery is dead, some time later i can turn it on again and it goes back to 30-40%

phone constantly freezing, nothing to do with internet or 1 specific app, but it is an increasing problem

when making or picking up a call alot of the time the person says they cant here a word i say, so i put it on speaker then out of speaker and they can all the sudden hear me fine...

these are all intermittent problems that do regularly happen and bestbuy says unless they can see the problem happening they cant trade phones... im not sure when my phone will fck up next and i dont have time to sit in a store and prove these things..

ive recently been taking videos from friends phones of this happening and sending them to myself

can anyone help me out?

VIDEOS

heres a video of the reception and internet shutting off, regualrly internet and reception stop working, i have to go to airplane mode, hit it a few times, then go turn the iternet off, then turn it on again.. this may not be a huge problem seemingly, but my phone will sit for hours without service and i dont even notice, this isnt just in 1 place either, work, home, girls house pretty much everywhere
http://s1154.beta.photobucket.com/us...2494d.mp4.html

this is another one, top button and face button stop working, must click 5+ times sometimes to get it to do anything, this isnt when the phones recieving a text message or anything,
http://s1154.beta.photobucket.com/us...770b6.mp4.html

and another one, when going into camera especially, it provides a black screen, going out of app and re trying and still the same, i even shut the tasks off again and sometimes this still happeneds, i usually have to re start the phone before it works
http://s1154.beta.photobucket.com/us...d4a42.mp4.html
Advertisement

Last edited by snails; 01-02-2013 at 02:32 PM.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Find a cool guy that works there and talk to him. They definitely exchange for less if you don't get someone that takes their job way too seriously.
Posted via RS Mobile
Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #3

im going to upload a few videos of my phone doing this so you guys know this is legit, and thats kinda why i made the post here, so someone can help a fellow RS'er out and if it is made easy for me i can give a tip for helping me out!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Bring it in. As long as it's not physical or water damage they'll be able to help you.
Posted via RS Mobile
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
Bring it in. As long as it's not physical or water damage they'll be able to help you.
Posted via RS Mobile

no, in every case they say they need proof..

and the phone is 98/100 condition, and no water damage at all
Old 01-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
You can't replicate your problems when you're there?
Posted via RS Mobile
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
You can't replicate your problems when you're there?
Posted via RS Mobile

problem is, lets say the phone is laggy, im not going to wait all day to bring it in, i will re start it a few times so i have a phone for the day, or if the service shuts off, im not just going to go without a phone till i can go there, ill put it in airplane mode a bunch of times till it works, i dont live close to a best buy, and im generally pretty busy, so its hard to plan around my phone being a piece of shit haha
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
the product exchange plan covers batteries as well.

tell them that the battery is no longer holding a satisfactory charge and that you would like the phone replaced. they will replace your iphone as they are unable to ship you a new battery. there is a one time battery exchange as part of your product exchange plan agreement.

generally they will do a battery test, confirm that it is discharging at a rate indicative of battery failure and then replace your phone. the iphone is the ONLY phone that is replaced under the product exchange plan because it does not have a removable battery.

they should replace your iphone at which point you can opt for another iphone or use the original value of the phone credited towards an upgrade. you will have to pay the difference if the phone you are upgrading too is more expensive.

also, the product exchange plan will carry over to your new phone.

if you still have problems shoot me a PM
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^what he said.

I don't think this is sop but back when I worked there, I had to let a few customers' phones drain idle over the course of a work day to test, since they didn't have the time to hang around the mall to test it. There's no other way to test battery life elsewise.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #10

ok, thanks for the help guys! i will give her a shot and get back to you guys!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

I have the same warranty plan and when I complained about battery life, they told me to go to an Apple Store and do a battery test through the Genius Bar. When the Genius Bar did the test, they found nothing wrong with the battery, so I couldn't exchange it (even though I have noticed a sharp decline in performance). The guy at the Genius Bar did say that iPhones do have battery issues at about 12 months of usage....
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #12
I don't get it

next time dont ever buy best buy warranty, it's all a scam

if you NEED to have warranty, buy apple care through apple since they'll never screw you. I didn;t buy apple care and im on my 4th iphone 5 from apple because of signal and power button problems
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #13
Need to Seek Professional Help

the phone will have to be fully restored to factory settings aka full reboot and then they will look for any issues. This is a common practice through all bbm stores. The videos will help a bit, but if the phone is restored and there are no defect signs, you will be out of luck. If problems still arise after leaving the store, i'm pretty sure they write on your contract that the phone was restored to factory settings. If you plan on upgrading to the iphone 5 or w.e, you'll have to pay the difference.

regards,
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Don't ever buy extended warranty for anything. You will save money in the long run.
I also got this future shop warranty and after his hard sale of how I could just bring it in and tell them something is wrong with my phone, I can exchange for a new one no questions ask. This is not the case. It's a pain in the ass to exchange for a new phone unless your phone is completely dead. I also had intermittent problems with my phone and had to wait until the problem happened and bring it in. Once they saw this, they decided to do a hardware reset or whatever and try again. Going back and forth to future shop about 5-6 times to finally get a new phone. Also if you think about it, the iphones come with 1 year warranty and if anything goes wrong, bring it to the apple store and they will give you a new phone. You're paying $11 a month for 36 months which is almost $400 for basically 2 years of warranty. After the 1st year, you can get your phone for less then that. Also apple will give you a new phone for $169 even after the warranty is over but some people have said it is a refurb? Can't confirm.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #15

just an update, I personally stand behind the bestbuy warranty, they have now replaced 2 phones and got free upgrades both times, very hassle free, I just took a few small videos of my phone messing up from friends phones and that was good enough for them, I went from a 4 to a 4s cuz the button was sticky, and now a 4s to s3, didn't cost a dime, and I don't mind paying 12$ a month for warranty, it's easily paid for itself, and thanks for those who had given me advise on how to handle it! Was a good experience again!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #16
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
just an update, I personally stand behind the bestbuy warranty, they have now replaced 2 phones and got free upgrades both times, very hassle free, I just took a few small videos of my phone messing up from friends phones and that was good enough for them, I went from a 4 to a 4s cuz the button was sticky, and now a 4s to s3, didn't cost a dime, and I don't mind paying 12$ a month for warranty, it's easily paid for itself, and thanks for those who had given me advise on how to handle it! Was a good experience again!
Posted via RS Mobile
yeah i have it on my phone too and i've been through 3 phones in 3 years. S1, 4S and 5. I just had to pay the upgrade fee from a 16gb to a 32gb. No big deal. I'd rather spend 12 a month and get my phone replaced/ upgraded than to chance it outside the manufacturers warranty and have to sign a new contract early and pay fees or have to buy a phone out. but to each their own.