REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
No returns at Swarovski

So, I bought a pair of earrings for my grandmother at Swarovski and later learned that she didn't have her ears pieced. So, I exchanged it during Boxing day for a bracelet. No problems.

The day after, I found a better deal in the states on a nicer bracelet at Swarovski and figured that I could always return the uglier one that I bought in Canada.

On New Years Eve I go back to Metrotown to return the bracelet and the sales person says I can't return/exchange because I already made an exchange before.

I was never told that it would be a final sale, no exchange/return. The receipts do not say final sale, no exchange/return.

She went into the back room to talk on the phone for about 10 minutes and tells me I have to come back on Friday if I want to talk to the manager. (Who is on vacation)

Could someone please help me out by giving me some "ammunition"/things to say for when I go back on Friday to talk to the manager?

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
No company is required to accept returns. Most do it because it helps sales overall, but I believe that it's not something required by law.

A quick search online shows a lot of complaints about not being able to return purchases at Swarovski.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
its an expectation that if there is no sign with "No Returns / Exchanges", that you are able to.

I do, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,804 Times in 3,900 Posts
there's no fineprint for them to say they won't take it back
it's not like worn earrings so sanitation isnt a concern
just be frank and tell them you've bought from US and you are still giving business to the company
if they want to keep your business in the future they'll let you return.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #5

u have no ammunition, as you dont have the power. best you can do is make a stink smelly enough to annoy them into giving you something. maybe store credit.
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #6

Figure out if they have giftcards and if you can use them at their US stores as well. If so and you can't get your money back say you will take a store credit in the form of a gift card.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
If this was a store being a douchebag situation, then you could try to create some stir in social media but you got nothing here. Try to find a loophole in the fine print. I usually try to lawyer them LOL.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
G'd up! w000weee

Return it at another location?
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Talk to the manager first and explain your situation. It's kinda hard since you had the lower hand after you did an exchange already but its still worth a shot. Best you can do is talk to the manager, that's about it
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmk View Post
Return it at another location?
+1
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

i'm suprised they let you return earrings
earrings are always final sale
Keep the bracelet, at least your granny can wear it unlike earrings
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #12
br2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

bring grandma and tell them to say no to her
br2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #13

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
So, I bought a pair of earrings for my grandmother at Swarovski and later learned that she didn't have her ears pieced. So, I exchanged it during Boxing day for a bracelet. No problems.

The day after, I found a better deal in the states on a nicer bracelet at Swarovski and figured that I could always return the uglier one that I bought in Canada.

On New Years Eve....

I was never told that it would be a final sale, no exchange/return. The receipts do not say final sale, no exchange/return.

Thanks
My first question is, what was the DATE of the original purchase that you made?

Their store policy is usually 2 weeks from the date of purchase to make a return or an exchange. I don't know if they have a holiday return policy, most stores do. So if you exchanged it already once, I think they do allow exchanges and returns. I'm surprised they even let you do an exchange on boxing day. Generally, most stores do not permit exchanges or refunds on or after this day.

I think you are probably passed your ORIGINAL purchase return policy...correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited by parm104; 01-03-2013 at 04:14 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #14

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
^The date of the original purchase would be the 14th of December, but they took that receipt away when I exchanged it on the 26th.

I went back to the same store on Friday and was told the same thing that it's their store policy that there are no returns/exchange after exchanging an item without being shown it written anywhere.

My gf works with lawyers and had me talk to her friend over the phone she said that no returns/exchanges has to be told to the customer before the transaction and/or written on a sign. She also said to try a different location otherwise we will have to have a legal letter written. I am not sure what a legal letter would be as of yet.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I will try Oakridge today.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Just make a stink, you'll get your way.

My friend worked in a store that had a no returns policy(relevant, as they sold essential oils) but would do exchanges if your purchase just didn't do what you expected it to.

Girl from another store came in to return something, got told no. Cried a little. Needed the money to pay her phone bill. Got told no. Girl called manager. Sob story. Manager made my friend take money to the girl's store where she worked and apologize. My friend quit shortly thereafter. Store lost money shortly thereafter that.

Fucking retarded move.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #16

Quote:
^The date of the original purchase would be the 14th of December, but they took that receipt away when I exchanged it on the 26th.

I went back to the same store on Friday and was told the same thing that it's their store policy that there are no returns/exchange after exchanging an item without being shown it written anywhere.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I will try Oakridge today.
Thanks for the reply. I think they were probably giving you a little run-around when you came back the second time. You were probably dealing with an employee who didn't know what they were talking about. I'm just speculating of course. That being said, assuming the return policy is Swarovski's standard 2 week return policy, you would've been out of the policy timeline when you went back to do the refund the second time. You would've had till December 28th, 2012 to make an exchange and refunds and I think, I read it correctly, you went on New Years Eve or New Years Day, both after your policy date.

A tip for the future, whenever you do an exchange, do a FULL REFUND first and THEN purchase the new item. Get a new, clean transaction so that you keep things nice and simple and manage to get a new policy on the new product. After all, you would want the same amount of time on your new product/purchase as you had on the first one.

Also, when you're having problems with a particular store, go hit up another one (if they're a chain of stores) as soon as possible. No point in waiting around discussing what to do while your timeline gets longer and longer. At one point they'll simply look at your receipt and argue that you bought this so long ago, if you wanted to do an exchange you should've came earlier. I'm sure at that point, you'll mention that you tried earlier but it'll be your word against the employees...

Good luck. If I was heading to Metrotown anytime soon, I wouldn't mind going with you to the store and arguing your position on your behalf. I don't think a store manager would want to deal with this headache if he could easily put that product back in the display case and have another customer buy it...
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Yea try at another location. I think most store in metrotown is not nice (at least their sales is not nice) since it is a very busy mall they get business anyways.
Try oakridge if they have a store there. For me anyways I find sales in oakridage seems to be nicer.
That being said, I think it is because you already did an exhcange that's why they are giving you a hard time.
To be honest I use to shop a lot at Swarovski till recently I try online purchase on Amazon. Same product that's sold at Swarovski but for at least 30% cheaper. And better service.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #18
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,804 Times in 3,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If this was a store being a douchebag situation, then you could try to create some stir in social media but you got nothing here. Try to find a loophole in the fine print. I usually try to lawyer them LOL.
lawyered

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66246...ml#post7786563
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
...in the world.

LOL there's a big difference between "Your receipt clearly states that any purchases may be returned within..." and "YOU MADE A TYPO AND I'M GOING TO SUE YOU!"
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

jimmyrustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #21

Quote:

My gf works with lawyers and had me talk to her friend over the phone she said that no returns/exchanges has to be told to the customer before the transaction and/or written on a sign. She also said to try a different location otherwise we will have to have a legal letter written. I am not sure what a legal letter would be as of yet.
On a side note, I LOVE it when people try to puff out their chests with "lawyer relationships" and "legal" letters. I'm really not trying to be a dick here but is this person you spoke to a real lawyer or is he/she someone who also works with lawyers? It's a shitty situation indeed; you were trying to get your grandma a nice gift for Christmas, I can empathize with you. But please, for the sake of your sanity and if you value your time, don't go barking legal talk at these guys until you're sure about it. It is the consumer's responsibility to know and understand store policies. Like someone has already said, there aren't any laws or regulations that require businesses to offer a return policy or advertise their policy (or lack there of.)
Old 01-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #22
...in the world.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

hiring a lawyer to refund a swarovski product valued between $50-$200.......

Lots of smug people here with "I'll get a lawyer!"
guess lawyers work for $10 a hour or $20 to draft a legal letter.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
dude really... social media and lawyer for a store being a douchebag? Sorry ronin but this seems prettty douchey..
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #25
...in the world.

If I have a problem, the first people I usually contact are the PR people through Twitter. Things get solved...especially local things.

And I use "lawyer" in the context of HIMYM as shown above...as a verb. FOR EXAMPLE, the world's oldest profession is prostitution when ancient fishermen would trade their catch for poon.

...then wouldn't the oldest profession be fisherman? BOOM. Lawyered.

Hiring an actual lawyer would be stupid. Like I'll read the fine print and talk to the manager about it. I have no idea what the Swarovski receipt says but I'd try to find something in there that would help my cause. Geez, you people.

And I'm a huge douche. I make no apologies.