REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Watch out for Potholes!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/678900-watch-out-potholes.html)

kkttsang 01-08-2013 02:22 PM

Watch out for Potholes!!!

I just hit a Huge pothole on knight street bridge. Watch out for them. You know the feeling when you hit a pot hole and your car just goes thump, your heart just stops for a second.

Highway one right now has some moderate ridiculous potholes too. Just a heads up and becareful.

Also quick question, correct me if i am wrong but ICBC doesnt cover damage by potholes right? Does comprehensive cover it? I looked on their website, i don't think comprehensive covers street conditions.

bluejays 01-08-2013 02:23 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...png?1322693145

inv4zn 01-08-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkttsang (Post 8126866)
I just hit a Huge pothole on knight street bridge. Watch out for them. You know the feeling when you hit a pot hole and your car just goes thump, your heart just stops for a second.

Highway one right now has some moderate ridiculous potholes too. Just a heads up and becareful.

Also quick question, correct me if i am wrong but ICBC doesnt cover damage by potholes right? Does comprehensive cover it? I looked on their website, i don't think comprehensive covers street conditions.

You can technically ask the city it occured in, but usually they will laugh at you.

wobuffet 01-08-2013 02:30 PM

there is also a HUGE one on oak street bridge JUST BEFORE the sea island/garden city exit

GLOW 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkttsang (Post 8126866)

:suspicious: tells us to watch out for potholes but doesn't tell us where on knight street bridge (left/right lane, north/southbound). guess i'll find out tonight! :badpokerface:

Yodamaster 01-08-2013 02:32 PM

Summary: Our roads are fucked and nothing is being done about it.

Not to mention the retarded choices that they make regarding road design, stop light on a freeway?!

lancergts1986 01-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobuffet (Post 8126878)
there is also a HUGE one on oak street bridge JUST BEFORE the sea island/garden city exit

Just drove past that an hour ago, and successfully avoided it. its on the right hand side if anybody wants to know..

kkttsang 01-08-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8126880)
:suspicious: tells us to watch out for potholes but doesn't tell us where on knight street bridge (left/right lane, north/southbound). guess i'll find out tonight! :badpokerface:

Sorry there's a few on the right lane going into Vancouver, then the big one is on the left lane going into Vancouver just before the marine drive exit. But pretty much the whole bridge sucks, keep an eye open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejays (Post 8126870)

Just trying to warn you and fellow revscene members. Its like you saying "you don't say" to the traffic news when they are just trying to warn you about traffic. Cant really start a post without being ridicule these days on revscene.

kkttsang 01-08-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodamaster (Post 8126883)
Summary: Our roads are fucked and nothing is being done about it.

Not to mention the retarded choices that they make regarding road design, stop light on a freeway?!

But the bike lanes are still good tho right... thank god. (sarcasm)

TopsyCrett 01-08-2013 03:16 PM

HAD to move into the Slow lane on Highway 1... Far too many in the HOV that are impossible to avoid.

Matlock 01-08-2013 04:11 PM

Time for lift kit.

mr_chin 01-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkttsang (Post 8126891)
Sorry there's a few on the right lane going into Vancouver, then the big one is on the left lane going into Vancouver just before the marine drive exit. But pretty much the whole bridge sucks, keep an eye open.

Just trying to warn you and fellow revscene members. Its like you saying "you don't say" to the traffic news when they are just trying to warn you about traffic. Cant really start a post without being ridicule these days on revscene.

It's the internet, can't do anything about that. Ignore these people imo.

As for ICBC covering it, no it does cover potholes. Maybe it will when a majority of people are reporting about it, which sort of indicates that it's unavoidable. Otherwise, potholes can be avoided if driving with caution.

My brother just got into an accident on highway 1 where debris were falling off a truck while he was changing lane to pass. During his shoulder check, debris fell in front of him and was unable to stop in time and ran over it.

Him and another vehicle ran over and caused damage to their suspension, tires, rims, frame, bumpers, etc. Even his roof was damaged and the cost came to the 5 digits. Now ICBC is doing an investigate if this will be covered. It's ridiculous when the city doesn't put up signs and such about dangers on the road. There definitely should be an insurance you can buy through ICBC that covers these kind of accidents, especially in a highly constructive city in BC as of the last few years.

i-vtecyo 01-08-2013 04:43 PM

i would like to also complain about the shitty cheap lane lines that were painted. cant see shit at night when its raining.

vantrip 01-08-2013 04:50 PM

Gotta love driving beaters, I hit one so hard the whole dash came apart :fuckthatshit:

Recon604 01-08-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wobuffet (Post 8126878)

i must say that I hate tat one, thats why I drive on the left side on oak street bridge when I go richmond.

scared the hell out of me when I drove into it. THUMP!

cant believe they still havent fixed it, been there for atleast a month

GLOW 01-08-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkttsang (Post 8126891)

north bound left lane right when you get on the bridge has one by the left tire as well

Holeshot 01-08-2013 06:05 PM

Vancouver road are shit. They spent all the road maintaince budget to build the useless bike lanes. Lower mainland roads are shit as well. Patching potholes is temporary and doesn't last more than a year.
The right lane of the knight street bridge and the oak street bridge going north needs to be repaved but the city is too cheap to do so and they just keep patching and making the road rougher.
I'm scared to drive a lower car over those bridges. I never know where suspension destroying, rim denting, car eating pothole is gonna pop up.
Posted via RS Mobile

mb_ 01-08-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-vtecyo (Post 8127012)
i would like to also complain about the shitty cheap lane lines that were painted. cant see shit at night when its raining.

The government when they decided to make it nearly impossible to see the lines during heavy rain:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/26549548.jpg

radioman 01-08-2013 06:16 PM

HWY HoV lane heading west bound between willingdon and 1st ave is really dangerous during heavy rain. Be careful revscene.

bloodmack 01-08-2013 06:23 PM

Pothole? Just go faster :ilied:

rawr 01-08-2013 06:43 PM

There's a HUGE one on Knight st going Southbound into Richmond. Right after the Bridgeport (Ikea) exit, on the right lane. Take the left lane if possible!

T4RAWR 01-08-2013 06:43 PM

:pokerface:

hotong 01-08-2013 06:45 PM

so fucking hard to see the pot holes with the rain

dared3vil0 01-08-2013 06:46 PM

Vancouver's roads suck ass.

yray 01-08-2013 06:58 PM

what pot holes? they are drifting and jumping opportunities :troll:

don't expect the roads to be fixed till summer :lawl: