REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKayChow View Post
@stylinred

honestly 100% the truth no bs as to actually being scared. like i'm 21 and just trying to get experience in the field to maybe someday join the VPD or RCMP
my point was if the story is as you say you shouldn't be concerned at all :P

but holy shit you sound shy and insecure i don't know if shooting for a role in the vpd/rcmp is a good idea to be honest i guess after awhile at the job that will change though
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #27
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
my point was if the story is as you say you shouldn't be concerned at all :P

but holy shit you sound shy and insecure i don't know if shooting for a role in the vpd/rcmp is a good idea to be honest i guess after awhile at the job that will change though
only 21 son . plenty of time to grow up. spoken with a lot of officers and such about their times when applying. and all of them say you'll grow into the role as you get more experience. some people just aren't born outgoing. but people change right

though unsure what you mean by shy and insecure. isn't it kind of natural that people become more relaxed and "themselves" around their friends. because they feel comfortable with them.
iKayChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #28
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
no offense by it, its just from the comments in here it seems like you're a shy guy and a path that you're pursuing requires just the opposite

having said that though

:P
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
no offense by it, its just from the comments in here it seems like you're a shy guy and a path that you're pursuing requires just the opposite

having said that though

SHY GUY "ORIGINAL Black N White" - Diana King - YouTube

:P
ahaha. though i'll admit some situations i'm shy and sometimes im not.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #30
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
one day this will be you

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #31

but for now i'm
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Greenstoner
Quote:

Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
MAJOR FAIL ON MY PART! LOL Didn't read your full post...just jumped to a conclusion...sorry OP.
Now OP has the right to stab you!
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #34
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,504 Times in 525 Posts
Go talk to the guys at daves army surplus and tactical in new west. Also if you work in security or law enforcement id say gloves are your best friend. Look into the hexarmor line of gloves. They are stab and slash proof. They are also needle puncture proof which is a nice bonus on the dtes.
Posted via RS Mobile
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
Go talk to the guys at daves army surplus and tactical in new west. Also if you work in security or law enforcement id say gloves are your best friend. Look into the hexarmor line of gloves. They are stab and slash proof. They are also needle puncture proof which is a nice bonus on the dtes.
Posted via RS Mobile
just checked out the site, the vests all say law enforcement only but will go check it out in person
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #36
I am Hook'd on RS

They'll sell to you if you know the guys there. They're hella expensive though, but you know their products work. If I remember correctly they were about $700-800 just for the vest. and around another $300-400 for each plate. But unless you're gonna go around looking for firefights with AK and AR-15 rounds I don't think you'll need those plates

If you're a uniform guard you shouldn't be going near any dangers unless it was a last resort anyways. BC isn't the best in quality security anyways. Found that out with a couple years of experience
MaxinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #37
Banned By Establishment

How much longer until powered security exo-skeletons???
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #38
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
silly question. since it's a stab proof vest you're after and it might be illegal. can you modify a tac vest and insert some plates in there?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
How much longer until powered security exo-skeletons???
why exo skellies when you can have automated security.

oh wait how'd that turn out again?

Quote:
Greenstoner
Quote:

Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxinX View Post
They'll sell to you if you know the guys there. They're hella expensive though, but you know their products work. If I remember correctly they were about $700-800 just for the vest. and around another $300-400 for each plate. But unless you're gonna go around looking for firefights with AK and AR-15 rounds I don't think you'll need those plates

If you're a uniform guard you shouldn't be going near any dangers unless it was a last resort anyways. BC isn't the best in quality security anyways. Found that out with a couple years of experience
lets just say.. i walk up and down stairways that has a mosquito (some buzzer thing that doesnt let you hear squat and annoys the hell out of you) and turn some corners that you cant see the otherside of.. all at around 6am when its quiet and dark, no ones in the building.. like just dont know if someone comes popping out of no where found someone sleeping last time in the hallway which wasnt all too bad, most people i've encountered are friendly and just simply want to warm up from the cold and they're quite awesome people ahaha.

but yeah don't need to be stopping no munitions. was instructed you see a guy with a gun you don't do squat, you do what they say and yeah. in reality just need some plexiglass around me just to stop punctures from needles or small knives.. doubt anyone really carries huge machetes around looking to kill a security guard.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #41
I am Hook'd on RS

Well, the way I saw when I was thinking about VPD is, you need a life experience because this is going to be the rest of your life. It's going to generally be 4 days on 4 days off, with morning/afternoon/night shifts switches every month. Fitness is a huge thing, but the endurance of fatigue counts more in a career like this. They will test your character, your integrity, your reaction to stress and fear. I would suggest gaining every possible skill you can, like licenses, and certifications. Also volunteer at the Community Policing Centers too, that's a big one.

But back to the vest thing , try M.D Charlton in New West. They're pretty friendly with security guards, and from what I remember they might actually sell it to you with no hassle. And if you do still decide to go with the vest, make sure you license NEVER expires, or get a Firearms License (PAL), because if you don't have the valid license, they're technically able to confiscate the vest.
MaxinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxinX View Post
Well, the way I saw when I was thinking about VPD is, you need a life experience because this is going to be the rest of your life. It's going to generally be 4 days on 4 days off, with morning/afternoon/night shifts switches every month. Fitness is a huge thing, but the endurance of fatigue counts more in a career like this. They will test your character, your integrity, your reaction to stress and fear. I would suggest gaining every possible skill you can, like licenses, and certifications. Also volunteer at the Community Policing Centers too, that's a big one.

But back to the vest thing , try M.D Charlton in New West. They're pretty friendly with security guards, and from what I remember they might actually sell it to you with no hassle. And if you do still decide to go with the vest, make sure you license NEVER expires, or get a Firearms License (PAL), because if you don't have the valid license, they're technically able to confiscate the vest.

yeah already volunteering quite a bit, ahahah i wish "confiscate" if my license ever expires i could be fined 10,000 and/or go to jail for 6 months for possession of body armour without a permit or license
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #43
I don't get it

Legislation and Export Control List - CGP - Security and Information Services - PWGSC

May want to check here.

All items under Group 2 (item 2-1 to 2-22):

These items are munitions specifically designed or modified for military use such as:

Weapons and ammunitions (machine guns & anti-tank weapons);
Bombs, torpedoes, mines and missiles;
Warning systems;
Military vehicles (tanks), vessels (submarines) and combat aircraft;
Chemical, biological and radioactive material which is used in war; and
Protective equipment (armoured plate and body armour).
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #44
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Double check US laws, it may be illegal to export.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #45
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
but for now i'm
Actually, in Canada, we don't have mall cops. We have mall security. In the states, there are mall cops.. who are officers... they actually hold rank too! It's ridiculous, then again, it takes away real cops having to go to malls and deal with shoplifters all day.

Quote:
only 21 son . plenty of time to grow up. spoken with a lot of officers and such about their times when applying. and all of them say you'll grow into the role as you get more experience. some people just aren't born outgoing. but people change right

though unsure what you mean by shy and insecure. isn't it kind of natural that people become more relaxed and "themselves" around their friends. because they feel comfortable with them.
At 21, start by reducing the amount of lulz to zero. Secondly, you may want to start typing in proper English so you get into the habit of being mature and professional.

Lastly, do some research online, or better yet call CBSA if you want a direct answer. So far there hasn't been anyone here that was able to give you the answer that you are looking for.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #46
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
sorry man don't work at paladin. just a plain ol' static guard in a parking lot with little to no connections though if you want my opinion i hear concord is pretty awesome being able to work in malls. if you're looking for experience seems like they'll be the best bet (i'll probably be applying there when school ends for this year)

though downside to concord would probably be your friends harassing you at the mall. i imagine if i saw my friends at metro while i'm on duty they'll give me shit such as "OH SHIT SECURITY, DONT ARREST ME" ahaha and i wouldnt know what to do
lol, tell them to grow the fuck up. I remember having that kind of attitude when I was...14?

If you want to be a cop, you can't be too concerned about things like that.
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #47
The "You'd Know" Moderator

I would suggest not buying online. For these protective gear, it's best to try them on so you know they fit properly (can't just go by measurement).

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote