REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,223
Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
Alabama Bus Shooting

Man takes young boy hostage
Took the boy into a bunker of some sort
Kills the bus driver

Story developing =(


Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,739
Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,576 Posts
Dgaf
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,828
Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,189 Posts
Shooting in the US are seriously not news anymore. It's like a weekly occurence, it's sickening.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,593
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Armed guards on all buses!
-NRA
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dgaf
Posted via RS Mobile
You're turning out to be a real delight.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,324
Thanked 1,481 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dgaf
Posted via RS Mobile
So much class.


Again, it's been made apparent that the shooter had mental health issues. Mental health and background checks, how fucking hard is it Murica?
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
vantrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 321
Thanked 211 Times in 81 Posts
LOL can't we just have one thread dedicated to shootings in America? Would be much better then random shooting posts everywhere.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Anjew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 910
Thanked 236 Times in 101 Posts
anyone else noticing more and more reports of shootings or is it just media trying to sway people toward gun control?
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,739
Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,576 Posts
It's one person dead, one incident...

There were like over 500 homicides in Chicago alone last year, almost 42 a month

Let alone what goes on in the rest of the world.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
anyone else noticing more and more reports of shootings or is it just media trying to sway people toward gun control?
yep
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
So much class.


Again, it's been made apparent that the shooter had mental health issues. Mental health and background checks, how fucking hard is it Murica?
Very, given guns are freely bought and sold at flea markets in America. A major, painful cultural shift will need to occur before any progress on ensuring only responsible people can own a gun in that country can be achieved.

side note -
A plethora of very serious animal abuse/neglect cases have been hitting the American media lately too; although not gun related, upon analyzing the cases together, I see an interesting trend of sociopathic behaviour emerging.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Very, given guns are freely bought and sold at flea markets in America. A major, painful cultural shift will need to occur before any progress on ensuring only responsible people can own a gun in that country can be achieved.

side note -
A plethora of very serious animal abuse/neglect cases have been hitting the American media lately too; although not gun related, upon analyzing the cases together, I see an interesting trend of sociopathic behaviour emerging.
They're broke. That's why. There has been a move to bankrupt the lower classes and consolidate money at the higher class. It's obvious. More and more people are having to do with less money: at home, at institutions, in the medical system-everywhere. There are going to be repercussions of that.

On gun control: I think they need to work on some of the access issues, but for the most part, the cat is out of the bag. There are already functional prototypes of 3D printed, functional guns. You can now print them out at home. Besides, there are already huge amounts of weapons out there. I think the latest swipe on gun control is bound to fail.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,324
Thanked 1,481 Times in 465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
They're broke. That's why. There has been a move to bankrupt the lower classes and consolidate money at the higher class. It's obvious. More and more people are having to do with less money: at home, at institutions, in the medical system-everywhere. There are going to be repercussions of that.

On gun control: I think they need to work on some of the access issues, but for the most part, the cat is out of the bag. There are already functional prototypes of 3D printed, functional guns. You can now print them out at home. Besides, there are already huge amounts of weapons out there. I think the latest swipe on gun control is bound to fail.

There was a single case of somebody printing a lower (read: a single part) for an AR-15, and it blew up after fifteen rounds. Keep in mind, the lower is not the part that takes the most force, and it blew up.

You can't build a lot of the parts from 3d printed plastic, so the theory that you can print an accurate, safe gun is absurd. Metal parts in guns are metal for a reason. In addition, any prototype weapon made completely from a printer is just that, a prototype, something that CEO's can see and approve before making the parts in metal.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net