REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Alabama Bus Shooting

Man takes young boy hostage
Took the boy into a bunker of some sort
Kills the bus driver

Story developing =(

Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Dgaf
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Shooting in the US are seriously not news anymore. It's like a weekly occurence, it's sickening.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Armed guards on all buses!
-NRA
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dgaf
Posted via RS Mobile
You're turning out to be a real delight.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dgaf
Posted via RS Mobile
So much class.

Again, it's been made apparent that the shooter had mental health issues. Mental health and background checks, how fucking hard is it Murica?
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

LOL can't we just have one thread dedicated to shootings in America? Would be much better then random shooting posts everywhere.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

anyone else noticing more and more reports of shootings or is it just media trying to sway people toward gun control?
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
It's one person dead, one incident...

There were like over 500 homicides in Chicago alone last year, almost 42 a month

Let alone what goes on in the rest of the world.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
anyone else noticing more and more reports of shootings or is it just media trying to sway people toward gun control?
yep
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
So much class.

Again, it's been made apparent that the shooter had mental health issues. Mental health and background checks, how fucking hard is it Murica?
Very, given guns are freely bought and sold at flea markets in America. A major, painful cultural shift will need to occur before any progress on ensuring only responsible people can own a gun in that country can be achieved.

side note -
A plethora of very serious animal abuse/neglect cases have been hitting the American media lately too; although not gun related, upon analyzing the cases together, I see an interesting trend of sociopathic behaviour emerging.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Very, given guns are freely bought and sold at flea markets in America. A major, painful cultural shift will need to occur before any progress on ensuring only responsible people can own a gun in that country can be achieved.

side note -
A plethora of very serious animal abuse/neglect cases have been hitting the American media lately too; although not gun related, upon analyzing the cases together, I see an interesting trend of sociopathic behaviour emerging.
They're broke. That's why. There has been a move to bankrupt the lower classes and consolidate money at the higher class. It's obvious. More and more people are having to do with less money: at home, at institutions, in the medical system-everywhere. There are going to be repercussions of that.

On gun control: I think they need to work on some of the access issues, but for the most part, the cat is out of the bag. There are already functional prototypes of 3D printed, functional guns. You can now print them out at home. Besides, there are already huge amounts of weapons out there. I think the latest swipe on gun control is bound to fail.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
They're broke. That's why. There has been a move to bankrupt the lower classes and consolidate money at the higher class. It's obvious. More and more people are having to do with less money: at home, at institutions, in the medical system-everywhere. There are going to be repercussions of that.

On gun control: I think they need to work on some of the access issues, but for the most part, the cat is out of the bag. There are already functional prototypes of 3D printed, functional guns. You can now print them out at home. Besides, there are already huge amounts of weapons out there. I think the latest swipe on gun control is bound to fail.

There was a single case of somebody printing a lower (read: a single part) for an AR-15, and it blew up after fifteen rounds. Keep in mind, the lower is not the part that takes the most force, and it blew up.

You can't build a lot of the parts from 3d printed plastic, so the theory that you can print an accurate, safe gun is absurd. Metal parts in guns are metal for a reason. In addition, any prototype weapon made completely from a printer is just that, a prototype, something that CEO's can see and approve before making the parts in metal.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote