REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Official "Where can I buy this locally?" Thread [Comp Tech]

I know VOT has a thread like this, but I thought we would use this one for just computers/electronics.

i'm looking for this laptop, specifically in pink:
Asus Pink 15.6" X501A-DH31-PK Laptop PC with Intel Core i3-2350M Processor and Windows 8 Operating System: Computers : Walmart.com
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I think it's a discontinued model, and I looked around but couldn't find any active listings in Canada, never mind locally.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

@ OP

only thing i can suggest if you want it locally is get this ASUS X-Series 15.6" Laptop - Pink (Intel Core i3-2310M/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/Windows 7) - Eng - Refurb : Refurbished Laptops - Best Buy Canada

closest thing i can find online |: go to a best buy and pay there and they will ship it to best buy for free then you can pick it up.

its asus, pink, looks the same.

spec wise though its little bit slower (.2 ghz lol), same ram, more hdd space though, both have hd3000 graphics, and doesnt have usb 3.0. and you save 50$. imo for just a regular user, you wont see a any difference between those 2 models; especially when your buying a 400$ laptop... its unlikely your going to have any usb 3.0 devices lol (usb 3.0 being the biggest difference imo). also its repackaged/ used.
MarcusLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Thanks! Just bought it