REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjleftturn View Post
The things i sell range from small profit.. 10-20$ to larger profit 100-150$. Overhead is very low demand is high
Im sorry i cant give away my products as they are a very tight niche and took weeks of research to understand the product market.. lol
Posted via RS Mobile
OP, can I then 'buy' one from you because I have a 'high demand' for it?
Advertisement
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
i need to find something to do during the days to keep me occupied. im on medical leave right now from work so from 7am - 430 pm, im not allowed out of the house unless im with someone.

ive a coworkers wife who goes on craigslist, gets some free kids furniture and repaints it all up n shit and resells it...its not much for them, but every little bit helps i guess.

im sure if i were to go grab a cheap 50$ piece of wooden furniture from craigslist,i could sand it down, stain it all, make it look brand new..i could probably re sell it for more then i put in to it...

i need to find something to do to kill time during the day and also try to make a few extra bucks on the side

anyone have suggestions? ive looked into penny stocks, but without someone physically/verbally teaching me 1 on 1, i wouldn't be able to learn it.
There lots of different ideas.. you just have to open your eyes.. ideas are EVERYWHERE.
Il give you another example..

My friend started this a couple years ago.. made a killin.. most he made was 8.+k / month a couple years back..
He lived near steveston.. and one day came upon a bunch of used crabbing traps.. he talked to the owner of the place who just wanted to get rid of em as they taje up more and more room.. he ended up buyin it from the guy.. theres always commercial crabbers who give away out crab traps they no longer use for very very cheap... He baught 500 pieces at 5$ a pop..
sold them on craigslist for 60$ individually.. he would pick up almost every month.. the month he made 8+k he ended up sellin all 500 pieces for roughly 25$ each to couple guys who ran charters.

pm me if you need some ideas

Last edited by jjjleftturn; 02-15-2013 at 11:06 PM.
jjjleftturn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatogunk View Post
OP, can I then 'buy' one from you because I have a 'high demand' for it?
not sure if ESL..
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjleftturn View Post
There lots of different ideas.. you just have to open your eyes.. ideas are EVERYWHERE.
Il give you another example..

My friend started this a couple years ago.. made a killin.. most he made was 8.+k / month a couple years back..
He lived near steveston.. and one day came upon a bunch of used crabbing traps.. he talked to the owner of the place who just wanted to get rid of em as they taje up more and more room.. he ended up buyin it from the guy.. theres always commercial crabbers who give away out crab traps they no longer use for very very cheap... He baught 500 pieces at 5$ a pop..
sold them on craigslist for 60$ individually.. he would pick up almost every month.. the month he made 8+k he ended up sellin all 500 pieces for roughly 25$ each to couple guys who ran charters.

pm me if you need some ideas
This is great and all, but what vehicle did he need to move them, space to store, time to pick up/ deliver, etc.
If I were you I'd concentrate on something that can be a sustainable business, whether small or bigger, which doesn't require your day to day input - something that drops money whether ur working or sleeping
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
This is great and all, but what vehicle did he need to move them, space to store, time to pick up/ deliver, etc.
If I were you I'd concentrate on something that can be a sustainable business, whether small or bigger, which doesn't require your day to day input - something that drops money whether ur working or sleeping
i totally agree with you on creating a sustainable business.
Time is definatly money.. and you have to take into account how many hours you are putting in to make how much money..
However Im just trying to point out that outside of a 9-5 there are some quick cash ventures, I was not concentrating on a economical self sustaining business point of view.
Like i said he lived right by steveston.. he made a agreement with the owner, my friend paid him cash up front @5$ a pc.. and he could keep the nets there for 3 month peroid.. since they were ganan sit there anyways the owner agreed.. so everytime he had a sale he would just meet the buyer down infront of the gates and hand him a trap.. 50$ profit for a walk down the block is not bad.
He did take into account the hours spent/posting/calls,txts/meeting, etc.. but even then the avg per hour is pretty good.. He was only 19 at the time.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #31
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
sometimes you gotta do the hard work, save up a big chunk of change, so you can invest in things that are more passive.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: