REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
I STILL don't get it

In Regards to Bcrdukes Ban

First of all, I should state that I do not know Bcrdukes personally. I have never spoken to him or even know what he looks like.

I have been on this forum for a very long time, since 2001 as well. My original username is Revscene spelled backwards.

During these long years of following this forum, I have seen him contributed a lot to this forum in terms of insightful feedback on products and helpful comments with regards to questions. From his posts, I see him as a decent guy who is an asset to this community. (Especially in the VLS lifestyle and the "I love to ride my bicycle" thread).

As a long standing member of Revscene, I know the rules of what is allowed and not allowed. I have read about many people being banned and in general, I agree whole heartily that those who have been banned in the past deserve to be. However, in this case, I feel that judgement on Bcrdukes may be too harsh, and I feel that Bcrdukes should be given an infraction or a second chance (or at least a chance to explain himself if he chooses to).

His comment of "Ewww...Chinky" in the forum thread "My friend got sued for rear ending somebody" is indeed offensive and unnecessary, but I think an immediate ban for this comment is a little too harsh.

Anyways, just wanted to get my opinion out there to see who feels the same.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
lolwut happened...it depends on how many infractions he got too, think its 60 point is a perma banned or something and that sucks, hopefully something can be resolved and hes back, if not, meh...
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

ha, I don't think he is perma-banned at all...just temporarily. And IIRC, this isn't the first time he's been banned either.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Disagreed.

A precedence needs to be set that any form of racism isn't acceptable. I see a lot of subtle and implied racism on this forum (mainly against chinese, asians, mainlanders) and it goes unmentioned or even thanked.

"Chinky" is over the line. Someone is bound to chime in with a "I'm Asian and I wasn't offended! Haha!" I say, a black guy would never accept being called a N word. Stop being a damn doormat and shame to your race.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I've been banned for a week or two over the 10yrs I have been here. It happens we suck it up and nothing to bitch about since he was in the wrong and what he said wasn't right. Only the real idiots have a perma-ban and Dukes sure aint one of them.

This is a Multi of his?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Dukes gotta Dukes

/thread

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
I've met bcrdukes in person and his post in that thread was very much out of character for him. His account must have been hacked or something.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
If bcrdukes wrote that himself, then the ban is deserved.

If someone else used his phone/computer to write that, then the ban is undeserved.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts

petition to bring back dukes?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
inb4rsconspiracytheorist, oops too late
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #11

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
To chime in, his original comment wasn't "eww chinky", it was actually "eww dirty chinks."

Not only was it not warranted, it came completely out of the blue. Imagine having a debate in a law class about the implications and possible out comes of being sued after being rear-ended, and a student decides to say exactly that. What would happen then?

Just because this is "the internets" and you're hidden behind your invincible keyboard, doesn't mean you can do things you wouldn't do in real life. Especially when it comes down to plain common courtesy and good manners.

I've never met the guy IRL, and he may be a bundle of joy, but this one incident did ruin my entire image of him, negating all his certain contribution to the site in the past. I'm not Chinese but I thought it was also over the top.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Dukes is a delight and I would pay to bare his children.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Did he say it, was his account hacked, did another person at his place type it as a joke, or was he playing devil's advocate to stir some controversy? Personally I think a ban without allowing a few more posts to see why it was posted was a little quick.

Someone mentioned above most racist insults are directed towards Asians. As someone with a Native background I think I've got you all beat when it comes to stereotypes hurled our way. I've seen a LOT of ignorant posts towards Natives that didn't result in a ban.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Did he say it, was his account hacked, did another person at his place type it as a joke, or was he playing devil's advocate to stir some controversy? Personally I think a ban without allowing a few more posts to see why it was posted was a little quick.

Someone above mentioned above most racist insults are directed towards Asians. As someone with a Native background I think I've got you all beat when it comes to stereotypes hurled our way. I've seen a LOT of ignorant posts towards Natives that didn't result in a ban.
Posted via RS Mobile
Who cares what you are. It should be unacceptable regardless.

Besides, have you seen the Idle No More thread? It's full of people patting each other on the back about how progressive and tolerant the thread is to Natives. Never EVER seen anything remotely close in regards to Asians.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #15
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
This is definitely something someone who possesses multiple personalities might say. The fact that this thread was even made in the first place is a sign that he has won and gotten the attention of the community, which is what he has always wanted. Lets just all move on with our lives and not get into a heated argument about this. We all know he is still around under multiple aliases anyways. Nothing has changed.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
im pretty sure its either someone taking his phone and posting it...

or he did it on purpose to get banned on purpose. so many recent bans of "profiling" im sure he knew what wouldve happened if he posted it.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #17
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,188 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
We all know he is still around under multiple aliases anyways. Nothing has changed.
Just look for any new members talking about vintage trumpet collecting.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #18
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I been lurking on this forum for the past few years. While I havent met bcrdukes before in real life...or known him as long as some of you, he has indeed contributed quite a bit to the forum. However, for the past year or so, his attitude towards this forum has definitely turned 360 degrees. More often than other, bcrdukes is trolling on threads and commenting random shit.

Remember the incident last summer when he even pissed of !SG.....?

While a doubt it will be a permanent ban, I definitely think its a good time for him to step off from the forum for a month or so and rethink some of his action.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Some of you take this shit pretty seriously..lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #20
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
join my hunger strike.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Some of you take this shit pretty seriously..lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Revscene is serious business man. Or else why would bchow blow one post up
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsot View Post
I been lurking on this forum for the past few years. While I havent met bcrdukes before in real life...or known him as long as some of you, he has indeed contributed quite a bit to the forum. However, for the past year or so, his attitude towards this forum has definitely turned 360 degrees. More often than other, bcrdukes is trolling on threads and commenting random shit.

Remember the incident last summer when he even pissed of !SG.....?

While a doubt it will be a permanent ban, I definitely think its a good time for him to step off from the forum for a month or so and rethink some of his action.
Thank you for stepping up and voicing your opinion on this subject matter. This is the best time for everyone to partake in this discussion so we can put an end to it once and for all. Again, thank you dsot.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #23

Thanked 6,697 Times in 1,625 Posts
Out of curiosity, what did he do to piss off !SG?
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
lol just make a new account and stfu.... you just want your account back so you can look legit with your high post counts.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #25
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
In all things, there is an ebb and a flow. When things are chill the occasional comment will slide. When tensions are high, there is a need to make people notice.

In so much as there is the "X has done so much for the site", there is also an "X has been around here for long enough that he and/or she should know better". If you dislike the choices that mods make on bans and points, you're welcome to PM us and ask us. Petitions to "BRING BACK X" do nothing.

This is all that will be said on this topic.
Closed Thread