REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
If you absolutely must have the car, you can still put a deposit down. Just make sure 100% that your financing will be approve and before the other party gets approved. I was in that situation and I ended up putting down $5000 non refundable deposit and took the car since the other buyer didn't get her financing before me.
Posted via RS Mobile
What is the point of a deposit if a dealer allows multiple deposits and says first with the money gets it?

They obviously just wanted you to feel rushed so they said the other buyer is waiting on financing... She probably wasn't approved so they sold it to you.

That would be pretty shady if a dealer took a deposit for a car then sold it from under the person.
Advertisement
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #27
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
What is the point of a deposit if a dealer allows multiple deposits and says first with the money gets it?

They obviously just wanted you to feel rushed so they said the other buyer is waiting on financing... She probably wasn't approved so they sold it to you.

That would be pretty shady if a dealer took a deposit for a car then sold it from under the person.
The sales manager just told me there isn't a deposit on the car just now and can sell it to me if I'm interested. I'm going to have a good look at it and throw them an offer tomorrow if things seem "legit".

The warranty is til April 2016 so this demo has been in the lot for quite some time. (8months)
Average Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Asian View Post
The sales manager just told me there isn't a deposit on the car just now and can sell it to me if I'm interested. I'm going to have a good look at it and throw them an offer tomorrow if things seem "legit".

The warranty is til April 2016 so this demo has been in the lot for quite some time. (8months)
Why the heck did the other Sales guy tell you there was deposit the first time you were there? Oh well, I hope it works out. The car looks good!
CanadianM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Maybe the person who put the deposit down bailed, happened to few times at my work. Anyways good luck
Posted via RS Mobile
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
this is probably a mgr demo.
Posted via RS Mobile
GM's demo
ImsBB1prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #31

Go see Ricky at BMW Langley he will take care of you. As long as you are fair he will work management to get the deal approved while others will try to gross you!

On another note...
People put deposits down on cars and deals fall apart. Some sales people will just let you go in and hope you buy something else. If the car is available no sales person will say it isn't! Trust me on that.

Last edited by ws6ta; 02-09-2013 at 06:22 PM.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:

Its not like your buying the car from a kingsway used car dealership....it doesnt get anymore "legit" than a certified BMW dealer....if you like it go and buy it, this thread could have ended awhile ago
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #33

I put my deposit down and waiting for approval for finance now. I think I overpaid lol, but the car look sweet in person. But the interest rate is so good at 0.9%
Old 02-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #34
J89
RS controls my life!

how muchhhhhh
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Financing an M3... If u live at home, you're doing life wrong (waiting for a fail storm from all the losers who can't afford to move out, but own cars they can't really afford)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
how muchhhhhh
75k + tax.....
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #37

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
Financing an M3... If u live at home, you're doing life wrong (waiting for a fail storm from all the losers who can't afford to move out, but own cars they can't really afford)
And why do you care about other people's decisions?
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #38

Quote:
To be honest, I can buy out np, but i felt like it's better if I use the money for investment or something since the interest rate is so low. I did bmw ownerchoice for 3 years. You only get to live once when you are 18, 25, 30. There's no second chance, so just enjoy life.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #39
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
The spending practices 4444 cites have an insidious affect on the economy, he's very much entitled to care.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #40

Quote:
To be honest, I can buy out np, but i felt like it's better if I use the money for investment or something since the interest rate is so low. I did bmw ownerchoice for 3 years. You only get to live once when you are 18, 25, 30. There's no second chance, so just enjoy life.
0.9% is excellent especially for an M car. Its usually 4.9%.

car was probably 90+ new...can't go wrong with a demo for 75.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #41

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
$30k millionaires

Enough said
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #42

0.9% is freaking great finance rate.
But their list picce is $73xxx. You need to out bid others or just PDI & doc fee ?

Quote:
$30k millionaires

Enough said
Good. Move on, Pal.
Whatever he want to do.
It doesn't matter to you.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post
0.9% is freaking great finance rate.
But their list picce is $73xxx. You need to out bid others or just PDI & doc fee ?

Good. Move on, Pal.
Whatever he want to do.
It doesn't matter to you.
I know when I was buying my car all the "new" and "demo" cars seem to have freight, pdi, air/tire etc on top of the advertised price and the cars that are preowned aren't charged anything

Kind of misleading but I guess when one dealer does it the rest are forced otherwise everyone just goes to the lowest priced dealer

The luxury car market segment has been destroyed. Gone are the days of 12-15% markup on tier 1 luxury cars. These days cars have 8% markup (bmw/benz/audi/etc) and people can easily get 7% off. Don't try to play the negotiating game tell the sales guy you want 7% discount on an in stock car plus any program money that the manufacture has without asking all this best price crap and I'm sure they won't turn you down. Now if your looking at a ferrari you will be lucky to get 2% off and that would require you being a repeat buyer. At the same time you can walk into rolls royce and get 50k off no problem. Markup on a royce is 60k. Trust me on these numbers I've bought and sold quite a few cars in the last 12 years that I've been driving.

The only place that really seems to hold their shit together is benz on amg cars. Yes you can get a discount (I got 3k off on the first ml63 delivery) but again got to talk to the right people and not waste their time. Effortless deal on their part = more discount for you.

I know 1 person at almost every manufacture if you want a car for 500 over cost just pm me...

Don't forget april 3% luxury tax comes back!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #44
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

0.9!? that's pretty sweet eh, I would finance just because of the 0.9%.....
I was financing 70k at 7%! I ended up paying it off in 10 month because it got pretty gay eh.......
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #45
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
What do you do that you managed 70k of disposable income in 10 months and bothered financing a car at 7% in the first place?
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
What do you do that you managed 70k of disposable income in 10 months and bothered financing a car at 7% in the first place?
I had the money sitting around, but my dumb ass plan was to use the rest in vegas..... my smarter friends talked me out of it=) and got me to pay of the car.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #47

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
Haha jesus. I need a new job.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #48
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Having sold cars for a long time, I always find it interesting the effects of a financing rate in peoples' minds. People get so excited about a posted rate and don't actually calculate the real rate. The reality is that you paid full asking price to get that 0.9% interest rate when you could have gotten at least a $2,500 discount off the asking price. With this in mind, your actual interest rate is 2.6% (which is still a great rate, don't get me wrong). Sounds like you got the car you wanted though, and there are worse things than paying all the money to get something you really love I think!

Mark
Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #49

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Enjoy the car - got to drive one (in white too) around the block yesterday and it was a blast!

The M3 is my dream car, but I don't think I will be able to own one in my lifetime...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Enjoy the car - got to drive one (in white too) around the block yesterday and it was a blast!

The M3 is my dream car, but I don't think I will be able to own one in my lifetime...
that's pretty negative eh. From personal experience if you do what you love and make a decent amount, anything is possible eh. Plus M3 is an achievable dream car, but it won't happen over night eh=p If you said a Mclaren, ya I'm in the same boat, it won't happen lol
This post thanked by: