REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #176
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

starts at 10:52

Advertisement
jaytee-sir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #177
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee-sir View Post
thats the one i was talking about!
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #178
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Shit, Suicide Squad? If that actually comes to fruition, I could die a happy man!
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:15 AM   #179
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts

PHASE 3

Quote:
RE: Spider-man Rumours
What a day! With everything from Black Panther casting news to the reveal of a full slate of Marvel releases, there's enough to keep us all going for a very long time. However, conspicuous by his absence was Spider-Man. With Civil War officially kicking off in Captain America 3, and Thanos taking centre stage in a two-part Avengers epic, where does this leave the Sony owned character who has been rumoured to be making the leap to Marvel Studios? Kevin Feige was asked exactly that today, and responded with the following: "Anything that wasn’t specifically and obviously revealed today is either not true at all, or still rumor until it’s worked out." While it would be easy to read into how he ends that sentence (Marvel and Sony must be coming to a deal!), let's look at this logically for a second. Captain America 3 isn't setting up Civil War for a future Avengers movie; it's an adaptation of that storyline which will involve Black Panther and have to address the hunt for Bucky. Will Marvel really shoehorn Spidey into all of that? Probably not, and though he might make an appearance in the two-part Avengers movie, do Marvel need him? No! What do you think?
Quote:
Kevin Feige Explains CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
When it was first reported ahead of today's announcement that Captain America 3 would adapt the famous Civil War storyline to the big-screen, many wondered how would directors Joe and Anthony Russo get around that fact that there aren't many secret identities in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Not to mention there are characters in the comic storyline that are owed by other studios. Well, after the presentation today, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige explained: I don't want to give too much away, but needless to say, the generalities of the [Superhero Registration] act are the same. Something happens. Perhaps, it's culmative for things that have happened from all of the movies leading up to this point. As many of the governments of the world say, 'We need to have some oversight of these guys; They need to report to somebody'. So, it falls more under that umbrella versus 'take off your mask'. It's not about the secret identity thing as much as it is about overall who reports to who and who can agree to an oversight. Because of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more Security Council, obviously there is no more S.H.I.E.L.D. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that make governments began to question that." Anyhow, Captain America: Civil War is expected to star Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, and Chadwick Boseman with many others, and is set for release on May 6, 2016. Check below for video of what Kevin Feige said above, as well as o video of all the Phase Three announcements. What do you think?
Quote:
Kevin Feige Talks CAPTAIN MARVEL, INHUMANS, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER And More
One of the earliest announcements during Marvel Studios' press event in Los Angeles today was that the Thor 3 is officially titled Thor: Ragnarok and that it is scheduled for release on July 28, 2017. While the subtitle indicates that Chris Hemsworth's Mighty Avenger will be dealing with the end of the Universe in Norse Mythology, Kevin Feige confirmed that Loki will return, played once again by Tom Hiddleston. "This is a very important movie for us in Phase 3," said the producer. "We plan on taking Thor to another level. It picks up where we leave Thor in Avengers: Age of Ultron and impacts everything that comes after." Next up, was the announcement of the Inhumans adaptation, which Kevin Feige promises will "introduce dozens of characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe." He continued, "We really do believe the Inhumans can be a franchise or a series of franchise unto themselves. They have dozens of powers and an amazing social structure. With our 20th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we wanted to continue to refine what that universe is about." In addition, Kevin Feige teased that we'll get Inhumans Easter eggs sooner than we might think. Anyhow, that film is set for release on November 3, 2018. Moving along, Kevin Feige then talked about Marvel Studios' first female-led movie, Captain Marvel, set for release on June 6, 2018. This Captain Marvel’s name is Carol Danvers," he started. "This film has been in the works almost as long as Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out, and one of the key things was figuring out what we wanted to do with it. Her adventures are very earthbound, but her powers are based in the cosmic realm."

The Marvel Studios president then talked about his passion project, Doctor Strange, which will introduce magic in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "It takes a while to work on these movies before they're ready to come to you in theaters," said Kevin Feige. "Doctor Stephen Strange, brilliant neurosurgeon, bit of an arrogant fellow who gets in a car accident and ruins what he thinks are the tools of his trade: his hands." He continued, "In the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the supernatural, that involves everything from quantum mechanics to string theory. The idea of this film is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe. We want to enter, through Strange, the world of parallel dimensions." Directed by Scott Derrickson, with Benedict Cumberbatch all but confirmed to play the character, Doctor Strange will be released on November 4, 2016. Next up, there was the long-awaited announcement that Black Panther will get his own movie, come November 3, 2017. "Black Panther and all of Wakanda is one of the most interesting characters in Marvel history," said Feige. "Something I already showed you today contains an Easter egg that leads directly into Black Panther. He’s a bit of a prince, he may even become a bit of a king, but it’s all about how this isolationist country meets the world. Maybe it goes well, maybe it doesn’t." Quite a lot to take in, but what do you think?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx

Last edited by DanHibiki; 10-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Shit, Suicide Squad? If that actually comes to fruition, I could die a happy man!
It's confirmed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 10-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #181
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
can someone tell me why natasha will not try lifting Mjolnir in this clip?

"oh no, that is not a question that need answered" (i think that's what she said)?

just wondering because in the comic book universe she was able to pick it up and use it.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #182
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I thought it was a joke like when a bunch of guys are at a bar trying to see who can chug a beer the fastest and the girl in the group going "I see no point in doing this"
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #183
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
just wondering because in the comic book universe she was able to pick it up and use it.
really? i thought it was because she has a dark past and done some serious shit so there's no way she'd be worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post
I thought it was a joke like when a bunch of guys are at a bar trying to see who can chug a beer the fastest and the girl in the group going "I see no point in doing this"
that makes sense

would have been cool if Cap was able to lift it or at least move it more than he did
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #184
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
really? i thought it was because she has a dark past and done some serious shit so there's no way she'd be worthy

that makes sense

would have been cool if Cap was able to lift it or at least move it more than he did
cap did use it in the comic universe as well in the thick of battle, but he gives it back to thor in the end (i don't think the comic-book natasha did... but her story with it didn't end so well). i doubt we will see it happen in the movie universe though... maybe?

my mind gets all fuzzy trying to separate the movie and comic universes...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 10-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #185
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
inb4 cap is smashing shit up with thors hammer at the end of age of ultron kicking ass.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #186
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Maybe cap does get to use it when his shield is broken beside Thor's arm?
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #187

If cap does use it I think it'll be done during avengers 3

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #188
Rs has made me the man i am today!

A lot of people are complaining about how there are 'too' many superhero movies but I kinda see how Marvel can make this work.

Thor 1's director was Kenneth Branagh... One of the last people you would expect to do an action movie. His speciality is Shakespeare and Thor does feel a little bit like a tragedy.

Captain America Winter Solider felt like a throwback to some older espionage spy movies. Robert Redford was a big hint to this since he's the king of this genre.

Guardians is a space opera ensemble thing kinda like Star Wars/Trek.

I think the plan is to do each movie like a good "something" movie with superheros in it instead of a superhero movie with "some genre" elements.

Ant-Man sounds like it's going to be a comedy. Dr. Strange maybe quasi-horror/Tim Burton? Civil War could be more political especially if someone like Capt goes on trail.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:45 AM   #189
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Could Marvel's Civil War Really Begin in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? | moviepilot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #190
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be playing Dr. Strange

Benedict Cumberbatch to Play Doctor Strange | News | Marvel.com
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #191
Witness protection

went and bought the GOTG blu-ray at best buy and they gave me a free little nebula bobblehead as part of a promotion that comes as part of this set

This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #192
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Aww I preordered my sb from fs would have loved one
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:41 PM   #193
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Marvels agents of shield

Spoiler!
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #194
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
it was so so so epic...
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #195
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

picked up these guys today.... It is fucking awesome...

and then... a 1/1 scale Hulkbuster... so.bad.ass
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2014, 05:14 AM   #196
Witness protection

does the groot figurine dance?
Old 12-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #197
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
does the groot figurine dance?
it doesn't move on it's own. not sure if the arms move, i assume it does as the display had the groot in different poses.

this little guy is already going for nearly 100USD on ebay now haha
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2014, 06:36 AM   #198
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^Did you get it online or retail?
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:05 AM   #199
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin View Post
^Did you get it online or retail?
Retail

Was at a toy convention and the little Groot was one of the convention exclusives. Its too damn cute.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #200
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Nice! Where was this?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote