REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
That video is kinda sad. What kind of drugs will make u act that way? Shrooms? Causw seemed like she was super paranoid.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:24 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
here is the full security video

yup she was defnitely high on something..
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #54
My homepage has been set to RS

I wonder how bad her eyesight was, since she forgot her glasses.

If she was trippin' and forgot her glasses (imagine if over -4.0), things would be very, very tough. If you notice in the elevator, she goes in very close to push all the levels - looks to me, her eyesight is bad.

subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #55
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
that poor girl
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #56
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
What the eff dude, don't make a random assumptions like that.

it wasn't really random, it was based on my work volunteering in areas like the dtes you see and hear about it happening more often than i'd like and this latest video pretty much confirms it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #57

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
I wonder how bad her eyesight was, since she forgot her glasses.

If she was trippin' and forgot her glasses (imagine if over -4.0), things would be very, very tough. If you notice in the elevator, she goes in very close to push all the levels - looks to me, her eyesight is bad.

contacts
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #58
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
If she forgot her glasses, and really needed them, I think she would have told her family. The fact that it is stated that she didn't have her glasses was to inform people that she will look different than the initial pictures released. You don't "forget" your glasses if you are blind without them. Anyone would notice they can't see sh*t as soon as they get out of bed.

Worst case scenario is that she was on drugs and has been taken advantage of by someone... I disagree that if she was dead, she would be found. If she was dead, chances of her body being disposed of somewhere discreet is highly likely.

I do agree that it is weird with respect to the limited information the family is disclosing, especially to the agencies that are trying to help her. Unless they genuinely don't know if she has any medical issues, this whole situation doesn't make sense.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #59
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
why didn't the elevator doors close after she pushed all those buttons and waited so long?

she's MOST probably on drugs... her behaviour is weird. quickly peering both ways, hiding in the corner, kinda "dancing" and "feeling" the air.

as for the bad eyesight... yeah if she doesn't have contacts and forgot her glasses... she's literally blind lol. but it doesn't explain her weird behaviour.

and.... why doesn't the elevator door close and go to the floors she pressed?
the lights stay lit up so presumably you don't need a fob. otherwise the buttons would dim again right?

they stay lit up, the door doesnt close... it doesnt close for a long time. there's many times where she was in the elevator long enough for the doors to close.

she either got drugged....

or she got hooked on drugs here, and went down there on some drug adventure and ... the adventure turned into a nightmare.

perhaps online chatting with other druggies that said they'd hook her up if she goes down.

intelligence has nothing to do with this, some people have strange ways of how they conduct business. plus your long term planning kinda sucks if you're high on shit or chasing a high.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #60
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M5 View Post
5 days already, chances are she is either dead or hiding somewhere after getting raped or tortured.

USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST
i don't get why they were banned for this post... it's not against the rules.

and he's probably right.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #61

Anybody know if this elevator was in the Cecil Hotel?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #62
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
^ Wtf? People on skid row aren't doing mushrooms... They're doing crack, and meth; those are the kind of drugs that make you paranoid. Sorry to say, but she looks like she's tripping balls in the elevator. She's paranoid, feeling the air, staring at the buttons, and hiding in the corner.

I don't do crack/meth or associate with people who do, but its safe to say she's exhibiting some "pook" behavior. Also, from what I'm gathering this video is was before she was reported missing. Hence, the suspicion from the police.
Posted via RS Mobile
ya think someone slipped her the drug?
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 PM   #63
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Oh come on, that's not really fair. I am sure there is a shit-pile of basic info that you may not know because you chose a different area of study.
I can't tell if your serious ... if you went to high school you should know who were the axis and allied powers ... even if you didn't listen in class you owe it to yourself to learn the biggest event in human history to date .. let alone a university graduate student. its a fucking joke. Nobody needs to have a fucking 4 year history major degree to know a little wtf went on 70 years ago.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #64
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

that video was pretty freaky especially when she was trying to feel the air or pet something that we couldn't see. Must suck for the parents to have to witness their own daughter in those conditions....
2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR SE - Keeper
|<e|_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #65
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
I can't tell if your serious ... if you went to high school you should know who were the axis and allied powers ... even if you didn't listen in class you owe it to yourself to learn the biggest event in human history to date .. let alone a university graduate student. its a fucking joke. Nobody needs to have a fucking 4 year history major degree to know a little wtf went on 70 years ago.

Knowing bits of shit about this and that doesn't have any relation to intelligence. There are many things considered to be common knowledge that many people don't know.
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #66
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
If she forgot her glasses, and really needed them, I think she would have told her family. The fact that it is stated that she didn't have her glasses was to inform people that she will look different than the initial pictures released. You don't "forget" your glasses if you are blind without them. Anyone would notice they can't see sh*t as soon as they get out of bed.
Not if you were high as a kite and tripping. She went pretty near the buttons to press them, granted - that could be a side effect of tripping, but a possibility none the less.

and for the elevator not closing, maybe she hit the "open" button, as she only hit the buttons on the left side.

subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #67
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Not if you were high as a kite and tripping. She went pretty near the buttons to press them, granted - that could be a side effect of tripping, but a possibility none the less.

and for the elevator not closing, maybe she hit the "open" button, as she only hit the buttons on the left side.

Why do you finish every post by clicking "enter" and then putting a period?

bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #68
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by |<e|_ View Post
that video was pretty freaky especially when she was trying to feel the air or pet something that we couldn't see.
I'm seeing this in a totally different perspective. Maybe she's thinking of tripping some sensor just to get the door to close. That damn thing was open for a VERY long time.

Tried pushing all the buttons to get it to close? Wave in the doorway to see if anything happens. Move around the elevator to see if there's some random sensor? Peering around to see if anyone is there holding it open?

Obviously none of what she does would normally close the door but it was open for a long time... The part where she's playing with her hands is weird though, I'm not saying she wasn't on drugs but the video isn't all that weird.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #69
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
As much as WW2 was a huge part of history,
I would consider only knowing Germany and the Americans as major Axis and Allied powers, are common sense. Anything beyond that, required you to remember "useless" facts from highschool, studied further into the history at a later time in life to refreshen your facts, or you play a lot of CoD or other WW2 FPS games.

That being said, book smart has nothing to do with street smarts.

And the 2:00 part of the video is when shit starts getting scary.
All she had to do was put on a white dress and I would have shit my pants if I saw a girl doing that by an elevator. Even a "blind" person trying to feel around wouldn't do it in such a strange arm/hand position.

The elevator must be built differently than any of the ones I've been in before.
I think elevator doors just close after a certain period of time, like 20 seconds,
even if no button has been pushed. The elevator just does nothing after the doors close.

Pushing the "open" button only delays it from automatically closing it.

Quote:
The fact that it is stated that she didn't have her glasses was to inform people that she will look different than the initial pictures released.
THIS.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 02-14-2013 at 02:33 PM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #70

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post

Knowing bits of shit about this and that doesn't have any relation to intelligence. There are many things considered to be common knowledge that many people don't know.
the relation I am trying to make is how clueless and ignorant a university student can be

not knowing something as basic as the powers of WW2 takes a lot of not paying attention
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #71
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyobaru View Post
For a girl with the brains for UBC im sure she'd know better.
This is a myth. People who think that graduating from university is some marvelous achievement or that you have to be smart are usually those that didn't go on to university. Actually anyone can get their undergrad (its just a time investment) by barely passing every course. I think its easier to get into UBC today than it was in the past as I believe they lowered their entry requirements in the last few years, though its still competitive to get into certain faculties such as commerce.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 02-17-2013 at 03:51 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #72
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Intelligence and being knowledgeable are two different things. I'll agree that I would be initially baffled if someone didn't know who the Allied and Axis factions were but at the same time its not exactly an important thing to have to know so I wouldn't use it as a criteria of intelligence. To be honest, knowing that fact doesn't really enhance life. For all you know, that person with the degree has an entire discipline of knowledge they have that you don't have that they believe is "common knowledge".

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #73
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
here is the full security video...

The interesting thing about this video:

About 90% of the stuff she does is probably EXACTLY the things I would do (maybe have done) should I find myself where my elevator was stuck at a certain floor. (I live in a highrise that had 1 shitty elevator at one point)

I just didn't get the hiding in the corner part and a bunch of other little stuff. But the little things like waving my arm through the door sensors perhaps, going in and out of the elevator, looking around outside if an attendant is nearby, possibly pressing any/all the buttons to get a response.... you know, the works.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #74
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
The interesting thing about this video:

About 90% of the stuff she does is probably EXACTLY the things I would do (maybe have done) should I find myself where my elevator was stuck at a certain floor. (I live in a highrise that had 1 shitty elevator at one point)

I just didn't get the hiding in the corner part and a bunch of other little stuff. But the little things like waving my arm through the door sensors perhaps, going in and out of the elevator, looking around outside if an attendant is nearby, possibly pressing any/all the buttons to get a response.... you know, the works.
so you think it is normal for her to enter the elevator, and then press a whole row of numbers? remember she is an adult, not 4 years old.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #75

Quote:
so you think it is normal for her to enter the elevator, and then press a whole row of numbers? remember she is an adult, not 4 years old.
Exactly. She began pressing the row of buttons immediately upon entering the elevator. So you guys saying that she was pressing all the buttons to somehow get the door to shut, wouldn't make sense.

I would understand if she went in, pressed a button to the floor she wanted to get to, noticed after a certain amount of time that the door wasn't closing, then pressed more buttons to try and activate the elevator.

Last edited by Aetios; 02-14-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Aetios is offline   Reply With Quote