REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #176
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
foul play has been suspected in this whole ordeal so not to make any assumptions, but i doubt she took herself to the roof and put herself in the water tank..

let's wait for the full story though

on a semi related note, i was looking around on the "find elisa lam" facebook group at some past comments, and a found a post that decyphered the video in a different way than seeing drugs cause her behaviour in the elevator. keep in mind police did state she had some mental issues. i can sort of see where he's coming from now. i don't believe she was on drugs in that video to be honest. a small, 21 year old girl who's lived with her parents all her life wouldn't know how to react to a situation where her life was seriously endangered. throw in some adrenaline and you have abnormal behaviour

Spoiler!

there was also this, which was posted about a week ago

Spoiler!

again, these are all assumptions, so take from them what you will
You still don't know what she was going through in the elevator clip. You DON"T KNOW if she was on drugs, or if she was hiding from someone. You say that's the reaction of some girl living with her parents her whole life? What about, how it is extremely weird that a girl living with her parents her whole life, got up and left to LA, by herself, in the middle of a school semester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
Its skid row... "they" refers to the thousands of crackheads/gangsters in the area.
It was probably the same people she was doing drugs with in the hotel;which is evident by the creepy elevator video.

And to whatever genius said she went into the water cooler herself I ask; why/how in the hell do you crawl into a water cooler?
You are speculating as well.. No one even knows what happened, if she was on drugs, what her mental state was before or after she left for LA.
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #177
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
A tragic ending. I feel really bad for the family. RIP
As I said before I know people who know the family. I don't know them, just of them, but nevertheless I feel really bad.

That's really disgusting how a body was found in the water tanks. Really disgusting. I wonder if the Cecil's clientèle will still continue to stay there.

I still want to know what happened and if they can actually find the murderer. Stories like this piss me off.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #178
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:20 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #179

No way she was in there for three weeks or else people would have complained about low water pressure a lot sooner. Looks like a staff member was involved as you need access keys to get on the roof and tools to remove the water hatchet.

Definite foul play imo.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #180
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
most hotels roof's are Locked up,how would this shit happen?..

sad ending :/
THIS. Shouldn't most hotel roofs be locked unless there was a fire or for maintenance? Also very strange that she (possibly) ended up in a water tank since I would believe that the tank has a secured cover.. At this point im suspecting a hotel staff be involved in the ordeal merely because of the weird location the body was found that an ordinary person would proabably be exempt from entering.
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #181
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
SIGHHHHH

such a fucked up world we live in
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #182
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Her bodys been found but theres still a ton of questions.

Its pretty obvious its foul play, but how did the "murderer" get her to the rooftop to begin with? Most hotels the elevator does not go all the way to the roof. Maybe 1-2 floors just before it. So lets say he did take her via elevator, he cant just put the body on his back and carry her up there. Im gonna say he put her in a rolling suitcase and took her up there. If not then he would of have taken her up the stairwell if there was a stairwell, but still risky taking a body up that many floors without being seen

Now usually rooftops are locked, so how does one gain access? And how does one know about watertanks in the roof? and how does someone open a watertank without tools? All signs say he was aided by someone working at the hotel. Or atleast someone thats been living there a long time to know all theses things.

If u put a body into a watertank wouldnt it sink right away which would cause the body to plug up the outlets which leads to the lower water pressure? If that were true then the body couldnt of been in there 3 weeks. Which means the body was in the hotel the whole time. Maybe the murderer was trying to figure out a place to stache the body and finally decided a couple days ago to stache it into the watertank after 2 weeks of figuring the best way to get rid of the body

Anyways, im pretty sure theres alot of footage on those security cameras so its only a matter of time before hes or them are caught
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #183
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

-I'm assuming those are the hot water tanks, the body should have decomposed quite faster in warmth, so taps would have had murky water (mixed with blood etc); the body was probably moved there recently.
-The buildings across the street are taller on Google Maps, somebody from the opposing roof (looks like people live on the roof as there's laundry out hanging) MUST have seen something.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...191886411.html

EDIT: Those were probably fire fighting water reservoirs; the fire dpt said they were not connected to the drinking supply.

Wow:
"The single-room-occupancy hotel has an unusual history. "Night Stalker" Richard Ramirez, who was found guilty of 14 slayings in the 1980s, lived on the 14th floor for several months in 1985. And international serial killer Jack Unterweger is suspected of murdering three prostitutes during the time he lived there in 1991. He killed himself in jail in 1994."

-On the above NBC site, LA people post that the area isn't in Skid Row. It is "next" to Skid Row, but they comment that there are a lot of nice places in the area.

Last edited by achiam; 02-19-2013 at 05:36 PM.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #184

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Reading people's comments on those news sites irritates me. I'm pretty sure they're not trolls, but simply ignorant.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #185

Confirmed from a news source the roof has an alarm and lock.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #186
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Confirmed from a news source the roof has an alarm and lock.
This story just gets more and more fucked up as we get more info.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #187
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #188
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
You still don't know what she was going through in the elevator clip. You DON"T KNOW if she was on drugs, or if she was hiding from someone. You say that's the reaction of some girl living with her parents her whole life? What about, how it is extremely weird that a girl living with her parents her whole life, got up and left to LA, by herself, in the middle of a school semester?

You are speculating as well.. No one even knows what happened, if she was on drugs, what her mental state was before or after she left for LA.
We do know the mental state before she left. She was "possibly mildly depressed". IE just like pretty much everyone else who has stress in their lives.

I stand by my initial analysis - she met some cool dude online, went down to see him and party with him (the trip to Santa Cruz was probably just an excuse to her family to get down to California), he ended up being not such a great guy after all (still cool though, I'm sure. Probably knows all the slang and everything). He probably knows someone working at the hotel too, apparently.

I have to say, to consider that she is hiding from someone in that video is pretty chilling. She may very well have been, but she is still fucked out of her mind... So she was still doing drugs, that's for sure
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #189
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
We do know the mental state before she left. She was "possibly mildly depressed". IE just like pretty much everyone else who has stress in their lives.

I stand by my initial analysis - she met some cool dude online, went down to see him and party with him (the trip to Santa Cruz was probably just an excuse to her family to get down to California), he ended up being not such a great guy after all (still cool though, I'm sure. Probably knows all the slang and everything). He probably knows someone working at the hotel too, apparently.

I have to say, to consider that she is hiding from someone in that video is pretty chilling. She may very well have been, but she is still fucked out of her mind... So she was still doing drugs, that's for sure
Regarding your analysis, this sort of stuff happens very often in LA (I'm sure elsewhere too.)

It hit home hard once. My cousin's ex-gf (at the time) was promised a modelling career by an agent. The guy was actually legit but he took advantage of her and almost my cousin but my cousin decided not to go meet with the guy. Poor girl ended up getting date raped and my cousin got away scoff free. 21 years old and UCLA graduate too. Things like this can happen easily.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #190
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

holy wtf gave me a chilling feel =S
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #191
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,688 Posts
You'll figure if the place is shady to begin with, they'll have more cameras set up throughout the hotel...

Such a messed up story, and quite disappointed. I was hoping for some kind of miracle.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #192
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
if this is a crackshack hotel like the ones we have in the dtes than everyone has access to the roof not just "staff" which are probably also crack addicts

i wouldn't be surprised if they killed her after all the news about her missing and being searched for arose whoever had her down there doing drugs with her probably freaked out and decided the best course of action would be to kill her and hide the body :/

that's so horrible, i was hoping she was simply still high somewhere maybe even wandered outside the hotel into the streets

I'd hate to think that she was caught up in something more sinister

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-19-2013 at 06:58 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #193
I subscribe to Revscene

I still suspect organized crime behind this for sex trafficking or it couldve been a hotel resident, knowing the ins and outs of the building, that hid her body because of a drug overdose or her rape... specially with her making the news.

new-documentary-says-sex-trafficking-happens-in-los-angeles
New Documentary Says Sex Trafficking Happens In Los Angeles « CBS Los Angeles
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #194
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
RIP. let her rest in peace, as none of her family and friends care about people's "theories" and speculations right now.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #195
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,509 Times in 4,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
because of a drug overdose or her rape... specially with her making the news.

????????
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #196
I subscribe to Revscene

There are live in residents in the hotel, not all guests... maybe she was kidnapped into one of the rooms for what ever reason and what ever happened she may have died or was killed after making the news.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #197
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
lets see if the autopsy shows up any signs of drugs
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #198
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
RIP
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #199
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Damn
Talking to my old piano teacher about it as she is friends with the victim's mom...

May her soul rest in peace
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #200
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Regarding your analysis, this sort of stuff happens very often in LA (I'm sure elsewhere too.)

It hit home hard once. My cousin's ex-gf (at the time) was promised a modelling career by an agent. The guy was actually legit but he took advantage of her and almost my cousin but my cousin decided not to go meet with the guy. Poor girl ended up getting date raped and my cousin got away scoff free. 21 years old and UCLA graduate too. Things like this can happen easily.
maybe if your cousin went with her the guy wouldnt have had the chance to rape her as she wouldnt be alone.

Anyhow, its sad that this was the outcomein this case and I am sure we all hope that the truth comes out.
E60_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote