REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #476
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I honestly still dont buy it just cause things dont add up. Lets say she tried to drown herself or it was accidental. Wheres her clothes? She went up to a secured rooftop naked? How does she even know theres a watertank up there and there would be a ladder there for her to access the top of it.......

How do u close the lid of the watertank after uve jumped in? seems pretty difficult to me....

Apparently u could access the roof from a side ladder when u go outside a window on the top floor
Again, you are all looking at this through the eyes of a "sane" person. Of course it isn't going to make sense. Even if you heard she was raped and killed etc, you would be thinking "why did the murderer do it this way etc". Are you surprised at all that it doesn't make sense? Do you think any sane person would have got themselves in this situation?
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #477
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

doesn't make sense in any way....even if you are bipolar

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #478
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
doesn't make sense in any way....even if you are bipolar
It's very probable she was suffering from more than just bipolar.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #479
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

After watching many ghost shows, I think she might have been haunted by an evil resident ghost making her act weird.
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #480
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
if she was in the water reservoir....what happens to all the guests who've been there for the past 3 weeks and drinking tap water? how contaminated would it be???
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #481
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
She deserves a better explanation than this.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #482
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Why would a girl want to drown in a dark, creepy, cold water tank?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #483
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Again, you are all looking at this through the eyes of a "sane" person. Of course it isn't going to make sense. Even if you heard she was raped and killed etc, you would be thinking "why did the murderer do it this way etc". Are you surprised at all that it doesn't make sense? Do you think any sane person would have got themselves in this situation?
mania or not...why would this be common knowledge to the hotel guests?

Quote:
u could access the roof from a side ladder when u go outside a window on the top floor
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #484
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
If they didn't find drugs in her (and I assume they would have said so if they did, otherwise what's the point right?) then she was off her rocker... Like bat shit crazy... You can tell she had mental issues by reading her blog, but the way she was acting on the elevator, if not drugs, were the actions of someone who is mad.

RIP
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #485
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If they didn't find drugs in her (and I assume they would have said so if they did, otherwise what's the point right?) then she was off her rocker... Like bat shit crazy... You can tell she had mental issues by reading her blog, but the way she was acting on the elevator, if not drugs, were the actions of someone who is mad.

RIP
some of the pills I take are for epilepsy/bipolar, if you stop taking your pills, your body just goes fuuuuuuucked up....for me ill have massive seizures, for her, maybe she went straight up psycho and started seeing shit or something hid in there for safety and not realizing she couldn't get out?
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #486
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Who closed the lid?
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #487

I think it's pretty easy to see how she could have slipped in without opening the lid all the way, or through an access port
Old 06-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #488
My homepage has been set to RS

They still haven't explained how she got on the roof in the first place. The door to the roof is locked and only an employee can enter.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
They still haven't explained how she got on the roof in the first place. The door to the roof is locked and only an employee can enter.
Looking at all the graffiti up there, I don't think it's too hard to access the rooftop.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #490
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I've been waiting for an update, finally.
Posted via RS Mobile
inkcognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #491
RS Veteran

Did you guys actually expect the Police to be able to answer exactly what happened?

"Investigation revealed that on ________, LAM was suffering from one of her mental episodes, when investigators believed she was wandering inside the Cecil hotel. Video surveillance from the elevator shows LAM acting strangely, as if she was on drugs, or mentally unstable. Evidence suggests that LAM climbed up to the roof of the hotel, via her Spiderwoman powers. LAM failed to realize that the giant tank she was about to enter, was full of water, and not a time machine. Autopsy revealed that LAM struggled for 2 days, before drowning in the water. Scans on LAM's brain revealed that she was thinking about donuts, and black coffee, before her passing."

I don't mean to be mocking this story but FUCK, this ain't CSI. This isn't a movie. This is real life. Investigators can't pull shit out of their asses to fill in gaps, or satisfy people who think "there's gotta be more!! I don't believe it". No shit there's more to it, but no one will ever know!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #492
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91_DB1 View Post
I've been waiting for an update, finally.
Posted via RS Mobile
Same. I just wanted to know if there was drugs in her system or if she was raped. I assume they would have mentioned it in the article if anything was found but it looks like it was an accident.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #493
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
@spidey people came into this thread having an interest in this story. We wanna know what happened but when shit dont add up we ask questions. We ask questions on here in hopes someone can shead some light on the situation or maybe just voice there opinion on what happened. You expect people to be like "well that was vague and makes no sense but ok, moving along". People wanna know or atleast come up with thwre own conclusion to what happened so they can move on. I dont know what the fuck your doing or why your even in this thread
Posted via RS Mobile
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #494
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
@spidey people came into this thread having an interest in this story. We wanna know what happened but when shit dont add up we ask questions. We ask questions on here in hopes someone can shead some light on the situation or maybe just voice there opinion on what happened. You expect people to be like "well that was vague and makes no sense but ok, moving along". People wanna know or atleast come up with thwre own conclusion to what happened so they can move on. I dont know what the fuck your doing or why your even in this thread
Posted via RS Mobile
^
Posted via RS Mobile
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #495
RS Veteran

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
it isn't like she ended up on the moon. The conclusion was that she died from drowning with no signs of foul play. The questions asked on here could have multiple answers. She could have gotten in the tank and drowned many different ways. It's not like they said she died from drowning accidentally, but her tongue was missing and had a gun wound to the back of her head, now that wouldn't make sense

I am one of the few people here that is actually posting something instead of believing she was possessed by ghosts and wanting more answers from Jerry Bruckheimer.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #496
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Posted today over on vigilantcitizen, this story still creeps me out.

The Mysterious Case of Elisa Lam

Quote:
There are mysteries that are so eerie and strange that they boggle the mind for days on end. The case of Elisa Lam is one of them. In February 2013, this 21-year-old student from Vancouver, Canada, was found dead inside the Cecil Hotel’s rooftop water tank in Los Angeles. The L.A. County Department of Coroner ruled the death “accidental due to drowning” and said no traces of drugs or alcohol were found during the autopsy. However, there is much more to the story than what is implied by police reports. The first piece of evidence that needs to be considered is an elevator surveillance tape that recorded Elisa’s behavior only a few moments before she lost her life.

The four-minute video posted on YouTube shows Elisa pressing all of the elevator buttons and waiting for it to move. Seeing that the elevator doors are not closing, starts behaving extremely bizarrely. Here’s the video.

Quote:
At first, Elisa enters the elevator and apparently presses all of its buttons. She then waits for something to happen but, for some reason, the elevator door doesn’t shut. She starts to look around, as if she is expecting (or hiding from) someone. At 1:57, her arms and hands start moving in a very strange matter (almost not human) as she appears to be talking to someone, something … or nothing at all. She then walks away. The elevator door then shuts and appears to start working again.

Right after the events of the video, Elisa apparently gained access to the rooftop of the hotel, climbed to its water tank and, somehow, ended up drowning in it. Her body was found two weeks after her death, after hotel guests complained about the water’s taste and color. Incredible.

Seeing the surveillance footage, most people would conclude that she was under the influence of drugs. However, Elisa did not have a history of drug use and her autopsy concluded that no drugs were involved. When one looks at the context and the circumstances of this death, things become even more mysterious.
Quote:
Cecil Hotel’s Dark History

Built in the 1920s to cater to “businessmen to come into town and spend a night or two”, Cecil Hotel was quickly upstaged by more glamorous hotels. Located near the infamous Skid Row area, the hotel began renting rooms on a long-term basis for cheap prices, a policy that attracted a shiftier crowd. The hotel’s reputation quickly went from “shifty” to “morbid” when it became notorious for numerous suicides and murders, as well as lodging famous serial killers.

“Part of its sordid history, involves two serial killers, Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.

Now on death row, Ramirez, labeled “the Nightstalker”, was living at the Cecil Hotel in 1985, in a top floor room. He was charged 14 dollars a night. In a building filled with transients, he remained unnoticed as he stalked and killed his 13 female victims. Richard Schave, said “He was dumping his bloody clothes in the Dumpster, at the end of his evening and returned via the back entrance.”

Jack Unterweger, was a journalist covering crime in Los Angeles for an Austrian magazine in 1991. “We believe he was living at the Cecil Hotel in homage to Ramirez,” Schave said.

He is blamed with killing three prostitutes in Los Angeles, while being a guest at the Cecil.

In the 50’s and 60’s the Cecil was known as a place that people would go to jump out of one of the hotel’s windows to commit suicide.

Helen Gurnee, in her 50s, leaped from a seventh floor window, landing on the Cecil Hotel marquee, on October 22, 1954.

Julia Moore jumped from her eighth floor room window, on February 11, 1962.

Pauline Otton, 27, jumped from a ninth floor window after an argument with her estranged husband, on October 12, 1962. Otton landed on George Gianinni, 65, who was walking on the side walk, 90 feet below. Both were killed instantly.

There was also a murder of one of the residents. “Pigeon Goldie” Osgood, a retired telephone operator, known for protecting and feeding pigeons in a nearby park, was found dead in his ransacked room on June 4, 1964. He had been stabbed, strangled, and raped. The crime still remains unsolved.”

- Las Vegas Guardian Express, Elisa Lam, Morbid History Of Two Serial Killers Unfolds At “Cecil Hotel”

Elisa Lam’s case is yet another sordid addition to the hotel’s history and can lead us to ask: “What the hell is wrong with that place”?
The Movie “Dark Water”

Quote:
The story of Elisa Lam is eerily similar to the 2005 horror movie Dark Water. Dahlia, the main protagonist of the movie moves into an apartment building with her young daughter Cecilia. Both of these names are relevant. Black Dahlia is the nickname given to Elizabeth Short, a woman who was the victim of a gruesome murder in 1947 – one that appeared to be particularly ritualistic. The case was never solved. According to LA Observed, it is rumored that Black Dahlia was at Cecil Hotel right before she lost her life.

“The Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short, is alleged in at least one book to have hung out at the Cecil and drank at the bar next door before she disappeared in 1947, though cultural historians Kim Cooper and Richard Schave of Esotouric say that’s just rumor.”
- LA Observed, Serial Killer Central

In the movie, the daughter’s name, Cecilia, is, obviously, quite similar to the name Cecil Hotel.

After moving into her apartment, Dahlia notices dark water leaking from the ceiling in her bathroom. She ultimately discovers that a young girl named Natasha Rimsky drowned in the building’s rooftop water tank, which caused the water to turn black. The owner of the apartment building knew about this fact but refused to take action. Elisa Lam’s body was in the water tank for over two weeks, causing hotel guests to complain about foul tasting “black water”.

The ending of the movie is also eerily relevant: The apartment buildings elevator malfunctions and the ghost of Cecilia’s mother braids her hair. Is Elisa Lam’s death one of those ritualistic murders that are synchronistically mirrored in a Hollywood movie?
Quote:
Another Strange Coincidence

Shortly after the discovery of Elisa Lam’s body, a deadly outbreak of tuberculosis occurred in Skid Row, near Cecil Hotel. You probably won’t believe the name of the test kit used in these kinds of situations: LAM-ELISA. That is hardcore synchronicity.
Quote:

Elisa Lam Corpse Found In LA hotel's Water Tank - YouTube

No Foul Play?

LA authorities ruled in June 2013 that Elisa Lam’s death was accidental and that she was “probably bi-polar”. That being said, some questions remain unanswered. How did Elisa, who was obviously not in her right mind, end up in the hotel’s water tank, an area that is difficult to access? Here’s a news report describing the water tank area.

As the reporter states in the video, the rooftop area is protected by an alarm system and the water tank is difficult to reach. How did Elisa reach that area? Also, how did she close the water tank lid?

As is usually the case for strange deaths, authorities have been incredibly secretive and non-transparent during this investigation. What truly happened here? Why are there so many strange coincidences? Why was Elisa Lam acting so strange in the elevator? Was there a ritualistic aspect to this death? Why is the Cecil Hotel a hotbed for these kinds of stories? Is there some paranormal stuff going on there involving dark entities? The mystery appears to be whole and authorities do not seem to be wanting to probe further. Maybe I should cite here the slogan that appears on Dark Water movie posters : “Some mysteries are not meant to be solved”.
The Mysterious Case of Elisa Lam - The Vigilant Citizen - The Vigilant Citizen
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #497
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
I dunno man, I truly believe in the whole superstitious thing.

Everytime I see that video I get mad shivers and goosebumps.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #498
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
ewww "hotel guests complained about the water’s taste and color"

I imagine there are a few lawsuits happening after that one.

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #499
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
I dunno man, I truly believe in the whole superstitious thing.

Everytime I see that video I get mad shivers and goosebumps.
really? she looks like she has some mental problems. the way she bends over to look so close at the buttons, her erratic movements, she clearly is looking for someone (maybe that is after her, in her head), and then the weird movements at 1:57.

she clearly had some problems that we're not privvy to.

either way, she's passed, it's sad she wasn't able to get help... now consider how many people on the downtown east side act just the same due to mental and drug issues... nothing paranormal or superstitious here, just messed up people who need help. all in all, sad stories, all of them
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #500
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
that's fucking freaky.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote