REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #426
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,025
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
Chinese reporters checked in on the 10th floor on feb 24

记€……住€œ鬼—€ Ž“可„$亡‹œ - 侨Š‘ - 侨Š‘


That's some hard-hitting journalism right there.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #427
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Tai Chi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,367
Thanked 78 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrr33 View Post
right!... cus everyone in revscene understands chinese
opps sorry was posting a link from youtube via mobile didn't realize it shows up like that.

basically reporter check in the same hotel and try to find sth out.
Tai Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 AM   #428
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 857
Thanked 1,067 Times in 228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post


That's some hard-hitting journalism right there.
it's interesting that journalists there would try so hard to get a good news story. instead of journalism here, which pretty much looks like a bunch of copy and pasting.

i guess that's what competition does
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #429
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,828
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Without being silly here, I think the photos and dates were significant to the Chinese media based on Chinese superstitions:

Feb. 24
10th Floor, Room 47

Sorry, I don't have enough of a desire to get caught up in silly Chinese superstitions but those of you who are well-versed in that kind of stuff can figure it out. But for you non-Chinese people (Sorry, I'm not being racist or anything so please don't ban me) let me try to break it down for you guys:

February 24 translates into "2 2 4" meaning "easy death."
10th Floor, 47 can have various translations but essentially spelling death out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #430
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order
 
Culverin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,443
Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
I still believed she was possessed. Being mentally unstable means easier to be influenced by the spirit realm (enter same brain waves as spirits).

When you make statements like these, you need to back them up.
Why do you believe she was possessed? What leads you to that conclusion?

If you are going to state something like... "Being mentally unstable means easier to be influenced by the spirit realm"
What you just said isn't even an opinion.
You are stating a fact.
A fact that has basis in reality.
Except it doesn't.
So essentially you're talking out of your ass?




And if you want to say something like "enter same brain waves as spirits",
then you need some sort of qualifying data on how you (or somebody else) have measured the "brain waves" of "spirits".




I'm not really sure if yours was a troll post, or you live in a world of ghosts, fairies and unicorns.
__________________
***Sarlo's Awesome Eatery ***
Facebook // Instagram
Culverin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #431
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
i think he was just joking around... i actually found it odd that people believed he was being serious
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #432
Rider
 
dink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: bby
Posts: 3,662
Thanked 287 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
When you make statements like these, you need to back them up.
Why do you believe she was possessed? What leads you to that conclusion?

If you are going to state something like... "Being mentally unstable means easier to be influenced by the spirit realm"
What you just said isn't even an opinion.
You are stating a fact.
A fact that has basis in reality.
Except it doesn't.
So essentially you're talking out of your ass?




And if you want to say something like "enter same brain waves as spirits",
then you need some sort of qualifying data on how you (or somebody else) have measured the "brain waves" of "spirits".




I'm not really sure if yours was a troll post, or you live in a world of ghosts, fairies and unicorns.
__________________
http://www.revscene.net/forums/dink-8-0-t263995.html
dink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #433
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 16,352
Thanked 5,616 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
lol @ being failed for being skeptical
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Well, someone did get banned for being skeptical.
__________________
My BST Feedback
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #434
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,025
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Who got banned for being skeptical?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #435
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
DSHDSH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 90
Thanked 75 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai Chi View Post
This Apple News video doesn't draw upon any solid conclusions, but does provide a perspective on what happened

Here are some main points summarized:
  • -Her movements from elevator camera were very erratic and strange
  • -She was last seen on the 14th floor ('14' in Cantonese phonically can mean 'Sure death')
  • -The door to the elevator never closed because she pressed all the buttons in the middle column which includes the Door Hold button
  • -If she was immediately threatened, the buttons for the alarm and Door Close are in close proximity to Door Hold
  • -Her hand gestures were curiously dawdling as she seems to talk to a presence to the right and left
  • -There is no way to see if she was talking to a person on either side or merely to herself
  • -The direction she is last seen to be headed in leads to a stairwell that connects to the roof where her body was discovered
  • -There is a sign that states an alarm would be triggered if the stairwell door is opened
DSHDSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #436
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
xjc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 394
Thanked 581 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Who got banned for being skeptical?
I think he drives a "BMW M5"
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 PM   #437
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,025
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSHDSH View Post
This Apple News video doesn't draw upon any solid conclusions, but does provide a perspective on what happened

Here are some main points summarized:
  • -Her movements from elevator camera were very erratic and strange
  • -She was last seen on the 14th floor ('14' in Cantonese phonically can mean 'Sure death')
  • -The door to the elevator never closed because she pressed all the buttons in the middle column which includes the Door Hold button
  • -If she was immediately threatened, the buttons for the alarm and Door Close are in close proximity to Door Hold
  • -Her hand gestures were curiously dawdling as she seems to talk to a presence to the right and left
  • -There is no way to see if she was talking to a person on either side or merely to herself
  • -The direction she is last seen to be headed in leads to a stairwell that connects to the roof where her body was discovered
  • -There is a sign that states an alarm would be triggered if the stairwell door is opened
The shit about "14" is just dumb, but the rest is pretty common sense. Before we knew more about her mental state, most would assume drugs. Knowing she was probably manic depressive and bipolar, and probably stopped meds completely, we can come to a pretty solid conclusion on her behaviour in the elevator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjc11 View Post
I think he drives a "BMW M5"
IIRC he was banned for trolling, not being skeptical... But that's kind of OT by now
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #438
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,919
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
For the longest time, I've been wondering.
Could she have been possibly talking to her own reflection from a nearby mirror?



Without knowing the floor plan of the hotel though, I can't tell if this theory is even possible.


Anyway, I still think the "Door Hold" button theory is stupid.
I've never in my life, used an elevator that held its doors open for that long
simply with a press of a "Door Hold" button.

"Door Hold" button delays the doors from closing maybe by 10 seconds.
It doesn't mean that once it's pressed, the doors stay open forever... (or like 1 minute)
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #439
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
i-VTEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 904
Thanked 297 Times in 116 Posts
The door to the roof top has a lock and will trigger an alarm/notice to the security
Since she has no key to that lock nor has security said anything about roof top door was opened, we can rule out that she did that way on her own.

As for the ladder that you can climb to the roof top, and if she used that to go up and suicide i don't know how she was able to find/discover the roof top ladder with just couple of days staying. And if she wanted to suicide there are a lot of ways... Jump off the building or walk infront of oncoming bus etc..

I really suspect some murder her and how she ended up in the water tank is to hide her body, so the murder has time to get away.

Besides if she plans to suicide and since she was in contact with her family everyday before she went missing, her talks with her family would have been different, sort of saying goodbye, love you all etc... I wonder if police have ask her parents and her sister that. Any hints that she was talking differently.
__________________
Want2Buy: Nissan 350Z
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68904...ssan-350z.html
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #440
RS controls my life!
 
Milhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 699
Thanked 53 Times in 15 Posts
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTE5NDk1ODcy.html
__________________
~Milhouse Hilmouse~
Milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #441
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,025
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-VTEC View Post
The door to the roof top has a lock and will trigger an alarm/notice to the security
Since she has no key to that lock nor has security said anything about roof top door was opened, we can rule out that she did that way on her own.

As for the ladder that you can climb to the roof top, and if she used that to go up and suicide i don't know how she was able to find/discover the roof top ladder with just couple of days staying. And if she wanted to suicide there are a lot of ways... Jump off the building or walk infront of oncoming bus etc..

I really suspect some murder her and how she ended up in the water tank is to hide her body, so the murder has time to get away.

Besides if she plans to suicide and since she was in contact with her family everyday before she went missing, her talks with her family would have been different, sort of saying goodbye, love you all etc... I wonder if police have ask her parents and her sister that. Any hints that she was talking differently.
Most likely scenario for me when the door alarm goes off: Security does a quick scan up on the roof for hobos/druggies/taggers. Sees nobody is there, closes the door. Probably happens all the time.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #442
RS controls my life!
 
Milhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 699
Thanked 53 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
For the longest time, I've been wondering.
Could she have been possibly talking to her own reflection from a nearby mirror?



Without knowing the floor plan of the hotel though, I can't tell if this theory is even possible.


Anyway, I still think the "Door Hold" button theory is stupid.
I've never in my life, used an elevator that held its doors open for that long
simply with a press of a "Door Hold" button.

"Door Hold" button delays the doors from closing maybe by 10 seconds.
It doesn't mean that once it's pressed, the doors stay open forever... (or like 1 minute)
The Chinese guy here who went to investigate pressed the door hold button and the door never closed. In his first test, the door closes after 2 minutes after "door hold" is pressed.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/zXVG4fgvfTk/
__________________
~Milhouse Hilmouse~

Last edited by Milhouse; 02-28-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #443
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,919
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
What a messed up elevator...

So I guess only way to make it close immediately is to press the Door Close button?
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #444
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 102
Thanked 1,012 Times in 62 Posts
^ Maybe because it is a hostel, people would be bringing up some luggage and stuff or it is broken lol
holyshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #445
I am grateful grapefruit
 
gars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,094
Thanked 831 Times in 392 Posts
The elevator looks like it might have a door sensor - so if you trip it, it'll hold the door open. So if you keep sticking your head out, you'll trip the sensor and the door won't close.
__________________
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 AM   #446
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
rocksforsale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BBY
Posts: 1,087
Thanked 828 Times in 152 Posts
they said the autopsy would be out in 3 weeks... do they think that people will just forget about this??? damn... csi figures this shit out in a couple of hours

anyone else waiting on the results or am i the only one?
rocksforsale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #447
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,676 Times in 808 Posts
the 3 weeks one came back as inconclusive... they are waiting for the 3 months one now.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #448
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,919
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
I was really into this case when it was on-going.
But after they found her dead, news had nothing left to report.
Police are keeping quiet and down-playing things.

I wouldn't have expected anything else... these type of cases are so common to the police.
We read about a few of these on the news.
The police deal with a ton of these cases that never make it on news.
The only reason most of us even care is beacuse the girl was from Vancouver.

Chances are, this case has been filed away as low priority now.
And if foul play isn't suspected or known at this point,
it's going to be put on the back burner.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #449
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,509
Thanked 7,101 Times in 1,843 Posts
unsolved mysteries
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #450
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,676 Times in 808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
unsolved mysteries

try to sleep tonight boys
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net