REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Ex-LAPD on rampage targeting police officers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680241-ex-lapd-rampage-targeting-police-officers.html)

El Bastardo 02-13-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psykopathik (Post 8159051)
still dont understand why they cant flood the house with some kind of knockout gas....

They tried that during a hostage crisis in a movie theatre in Russia. Its not as effective as you'd think. Apparently it resulted in some people being killed once the guys with the guns figured out what was going on.

Shorn 02-13-2013 04:24 PM

Removed. I had no problem with the game but it didn't need to be filled with the n-word.

- Ronin

shawnly1000 02-13-2013 06:28 PM

Pretty intersting segment/interview on AC360 discussing the audio tape/record of the "burners" reference. Interesting that they're saying that it was the second grenade, a "hot" grenade that caused the fire and they knew this was a possibility going into it.

rsx 02-13-2013 06:37 PM

Yeah two types of gas were used. Initially your conventional tear gas but I'm assuming dorner had a mask on. The second gas was incendiary style known to cause fires. That's what did it.

shawnly1000 02-13-2013 07:09 PM

There's an interview of the couple that got tied up in the first cabin; they're describing how he kept telling them he wouldn't harm them and to stay calm; similar to what the truck owner's description of his demeanor was.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gh0stRider 02-13-2013 07:12 PM

Sheriff: 'We did not intentionally burn' the cabin

RRxtar 02-13-2013 08:58 PM

In the audio don't they talk about how one part of the cabin hasnt started burning so they wanted them to bring in more fire?

Ronin 02-13-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8158875)
:suspicious:

latter is about right

By that, I mean the Americans would have to hand him off to someone to bury, since they weren't just going to leave him there for his own people.

Well, Pakistan barely wants to accept that he was in their country. Think they want to give him a burial plot?

How about Afghanistan? Oh right, the Americans are there.

Maybe in America? LOL...like that's going to happen.

Surely Saudi Arabia? No. No country would want to be the final resting place of Osama bin Ladin knowing the unnecessary shitstorm it would bring them.

Yes, the Americans didn't want to build a terrorist shrine but on the other hand, there was no place that would take him. Conspiracy theorists will no doubt be using this as their rallying cry. "NO PIX NO DEAD BIN LADEN!" and that he was dumped at sea as a convenient alibi but in reality, it was probably just out of necessity.

rsx 02-13-2013 11:04 PM

I wonder how many nutters out there are thinking.. Well I could've done more damage and stayed alive longer...or if we had like 5 guys we could've destroyed that swat team...

scary thought.

StylinRed 02-13-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 8159402)
By that, I mean the Americans would have to hand him off to someone to bury, since they weren't just going to leave him there for his own people.

Well, Pakistan barely wants to accept that he was in their country. Think they want to give him a burial plot?

How about Afghanistan? Oh right, the Americans are there.

Maybe in America? LOL...like that's going to happen.

Surely Saudi Arabia? No. No country would want to be the final resting place of Osama bin Ladin knowing the unnecessary shitstorm it would bring them.

Yes, the Americans didn't want to build a terrorist shrine but on the other hand, there was no place that would take him. Conspiracy theorists will no doubt be using this as their rallying cry. "NO PIX NO DEAD BIN LADEN!" and that he was dumped at sea as a convenient alibi but in reality, it was probably just out of necessity.

I actually suspect (or wouldn't be surprised) that the all powerful Bin Laden family probably got his body back and put it in their family plot and just had the US say they buried him at sea

mr_chin 02-13-2013 11:58 PM

Umm back to Dorner guys? Any word on who the charred remains belongs to?

tarobbt 02-14-2013 12:54 AM

Dorner to captives: 'I just want to clear my name' - latimes.com

Still proves that Dorner was only targeting the LAPD. He wasn't intending to harm anyone else. I still wonder what they were trying to cover up, in most cases a swat team would have been sent in but instead they decided to light him up.

He was innocent btw, he was never convicted of murdering anyone :troll:

rsx 02-14-2013 02:00 AM

Gh0stRider 02-14-2013 03:42 PM

U.S. authorities confirm the charred remains found in a burned cabin in the mountains outside LA belong to fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/us/lap...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:

Medical examiners have positively identified the body of the renegade former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Dorner, the man authorities say killed four people and wounded three others in a vendetta against his old comrades.

snails 02-14-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0stRider (Post 8160096)
U.S. authorities confirm the charred remains found in a burned cabin in the mountains outside LA belong to fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner.

Via cknw news
Posted via RS Mobile

of course they did... :suspicious:

like they would admit to burning someone they ASSUMED was him...

Ulic Qel-Droma 02-14-2013 03:58 PM

^ lol

cdizzle_996 02-14-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8160101)

exactly..

Noir 02-14-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8160101)

Exactly.

There was really no point in waiting for the post-mortem results for confirmation when really it would not make any difference. Should they be wrong, I don't see them owning up to burning the wrong guy.

As far as I'm concerened, when they shot at 3 civilians in their over zealous effort to get Dorner, civilians who's only connection is that they drove a similar car, it's practically an admission of guilt in my eyes as far as the LAPD is concerned.

fliptuner 02-14-2013 04:10 PM

Let's see what happens if LAPD officers on his list keep getting picked off.

SpeedStars 02-14-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 8160129)
Exactly.

There was really no point in waiting for the post-mortem results for confirmation when really it would not make any difference. Should they be wrong, I don't see them owning up to burning the wrong guy.

As far as I'm concerened, when they shot at 3 civilians in their over zealous effort to get Dorner, civilians who's only connection is that they drove a similar car, it's practically an admission of guilt in my eyes as far as the LAPD is concerned.

This almost proves his manifesto as in how dumbfounded the LAPD is. I'm not saying that all of those in the LAPD are like this, but he must've withheld some valuable information regarding the LAPD for them to kill him rather than to storm the building and atleast attempt to make an arrest
Posted via RS Mobile

freakshow 02-14-2013 04:20 PM

I wonder which agencies (news, govt, etc), if any, will open investigations into any of Dorner's claims..

willystyle 02-14-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakshow (Post 8160139)
I wonder which agencies (news, govt, etc), if any, will open investigations into any of Dorner's claims..

I think it will be the FBI.

If I was a LA resident, I'd be furious of how this case has unravelled. There's a complete lack of transparency, responsibility, and professionalism in how the LAPD has conducted themselves. I'd request the help of an official body to perform a complete and thorough investigation into Chris Dorner's allegations.

mr_chin 02-14-2013 05:11 PM

So.... The people of Los Angeles just gonna let the shooting of the civilians slide? Are Americans that stupid and powerless nowadays that they're too scared to step out and voice against the LAPD. I understand if they didn't do anything about 9/11 because it remains a conspiracy but this? It's not even about dorner anymore. Stupid Americans.
Posted via RS Mobile

CharlesInCharge 02-14-2013 05:15 PM

I guess you'd have to "walk a mile in their shoes" as they say to really understand.

XplicitLuder 02-14-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE BOY (Post 8160131)
Let's see what happens if LAPD officers on his list keep getting picked off.

thats some Law Abiding Citizen shit right there