REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Ex-LAPD on rampage targeting police officers

Quote:
Arguably the most wanted man in America, fired police Officer Christopher Jordan Dorner may well be in hiding -- plotting his next move after allegedly killing three people. Officers toting high-powered weapons fanned out Friday across thousands of square miles, searching for their former colleague.
Some in the public are even calling him a hero.
Police zeroed in on a mountain resort town west of Los Angeles where searchers Thursday found Dorner's burned-out pickup truck. An approaching storm threatened to hinder the already difficult search.
The 270-pound former Navy lieutenant and fired Los Angeles officer promised to bring "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" to police officers and their families, calling it the "last resort" to clear his name and get back at a department that he claims mistreated him.
Manhunt continues for ex-LAPD cop Miller: Dorner hunting the hunters Danger of searching for an ex-cop Dorner's friend: Manifesto is 'shocking'
Dorner, 33, is wanted in the killing of two people in Irvine, California, on Sunday and in the shooting of three Los Angeles-area police officers Thursday, which killed one of them.
One of the victims of the Irvine killings, Monica Quan, was the daughter of the retired police officer who represented Dorner in his efforts to get his job back, police have confirmed.
Where police see a violent killer, others think of Dorner as kind of an epic anti-hero waging war against an institution they see as corrupt.
"God bless you Chris #Dorner," one Twitter user posted. "I believe in what goes around comes around. The LAPD is crooked."
Another tweeter said Dorner was wrong, but the "#LAPD has done much worse things than he has."
"My opinion of the suspect is unprintable," Riverside police Chief Sergio Diaz said, hours after one of his officers was killed. "The manifesto, I think, speaks for itself (as) evidence of a depraved and abandoned mind and heart."
Here's what is known so far:
-- Dorner, who worked as a Los Angeles Police Department officer from 2005 to 2008, is accused of killing Quan and her fiance Sunday in Irvine, then shooting two Riverside, California, police officers and an LAPD officer Thursday. Police say he unleashed numerous rounds at the Riverside officers, riddling their car with bullets and killing a 34-year-old officer. The second officer in the car was seriously wounded, and the LAPD officer suffered only minor injuries, police said.
-- In a lengthy letter provided by police, Dorner said he had been unfairly fired by the LAPD after reporting another officer for police brutality. He decried what he called a continuing culture of racism and violence within the department, and called attacks on police and their families "a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name."
Police search for alleged cop killer Track the events leading up to manhunt Fired cop's 'last resort' manifesto
-- Leads have taken police from Los Angeles to San Diego to Las Vegas to the California mountain resort town of Big Bear, where police found Dorner's widely sought gray pickup, thoroughly burned. Despite door-to-door searches and a constant presence since Thursday, police had found no trace of him Friday.
-- The LAPD and other agencies have gone to extremes to protect officers. Forty teams of officers were guarding people named as targets in Dorner's letter. On Thursday, one of the teams shot at a pickup that resembled Dorner's but turned out to be a Los Angeles Times newspaper delivery vehicle.
-- Despite Dorner's statement in the letter that "when the truth comes out, the killing stops," Los Angeles police Chief Charlie Beck said authorities don't plan to apologize to Dorner or clear his name. Dorner's firing, Beck said Thursday, had already been "thoroughly reviewed."
-- In Nevada on Thursday, FBI agents searched Dorner's Las Vegas home. The search forced some of Dorner's neighbors out of their homes for several hours, CNN affiliate KLAS reported.
"It's too close to home. It's kind of scary," neighbor Dan Gomez told KLAS.
Where is the most wanted man in America? - CNN.com

surprised i didn't see this till now, this is a pretty big deal

cliffs-
- guy used to be in lapd but filed complaint against his colleague for kicking a homeless man in the face
- eventually got fired for making 'false statements'
- police believe he shot a retired police officer's daughter and her fiancee
- he also shot 2 cops that were on patrol
- he posted a manifesto online describing why he's doing this and a list of people he's gonna kill, and basically says 'i'm coming for all of you and you can't stop me'
- LAPD is going out in full force to find this guy, protective detail for the targets named in his manifesto
- LAPD also accidentally shot a few citizens apparently cause they were driving similar cars to the suspects
- huge manhunt in California, Nevada, Arizona
- some people on twitter are praising this guy

you can read his manifesto uncensored here: http://wap.myfoxla.com/w/main/story/84473837/
Advertisement
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
For some reason I am reminded of this

Kev
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Fired LAPD Officer Shoots 3 Fellow Cops Killing One-Release’s Manifesto Exposing Corruption | Davey D's Hip Hop Corner

so the LAPD apparently shot 2 asian women in a similar truck.. When did 2 asian women start looking like a black man..?
tmc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #4

yeah i'm smelling some big lawsuits against them when this is all over.

you can't go around shooting people in cars before you confirm that they're the suspect.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
2 incidents of police firing at vehicles because they're not up to snuff to be police

1 with 2 asian women who were hit

another where they missed the driver but shot up his truck

i can understand being scared but it kind of goes with the territory no? luckily no one died and hopefully those women recover without much pain in the future (one of them was released the other is still in hospital)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i just read his manifesto and he called out all sorts of people by name for some pretty despicable things. I don't know about going out and killing everyone but I guess he must have really felt his life was ruined and he had nothing else to live for. if you have the time I highly recommend you give it a read.
Ax2-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #7

yeah i honestly believe he has his side to his story, doesn't make what he's doing right, but the LAPD is known for their lying and cover-ups anyway so i wouldn't be surprised if at least a part of his story was true.
he's still crazy in some way for sure though, you don't do this kind of thing without being mentally unstable, but you also don't do it unless you were 100% you were right about what happened.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
No matter how this manhunt turns out, I think Hollywood is gonna cash in on this manhunt for Dorner.

I can see movie being made about Dorner and the LAPD. Hmmm, who's gonna be the brother in the starring role of Dorner?

Big black guy, 270 pounds. LL Cool J?

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-08-2013 at 09:53 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
well, when some people get the only thing they have "his career" in this case, they snap, have no reason to live and want to take those responsible out then it makes sense. not right by any means, but we have all had that hopeless feeling inside, hope no one else is injured or killed as a result of this though
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
^^And what do you do in 'Murica when that happens?

Load up them guns Billy! It's high-time we had ourselves a shootin' rampage! News has been slow all week, and we haven't had one since Tuesday last, boy!

Get Wolf Blitzer ready.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

Well judging by his writing, he appears to be a man that holds a high degree of integrity, honor and respect, where his own reputation is above all, including his life. For someone that feels that strongly about their reputation and their beliefs, I am NOT surprised that he's doing this. However, whether this is the correct path that he's taking in resolving the situation is a topic for another day.

Hollywood is definitely gonna make a movie out of this.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #12

^ whats ironic is that he even mentioned gun control in his manifesto. He's like 'nobody needs assault rifles and suppressors, i bought them way too easily'
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

the more i read the more i had to agree with the guy on a lot of his views regarding gun laws, corruption, and systemic racism.

Quote:
No matter how this manhunt turns out, I think Hollywood is gonna cash in on this manhunt for Dorner.

I can see movie being made about Dorner and the LAPD. Hmmm, who's gonna be the brother in the starring role of Dorner?

Big black guy, 270 pounds. LL Cool J?
I think everyone's gonna wanna sweep this one under the rug after he called all those people out. Making a movie out of him would glorify his actions and turn him into a cult hero, especially if he kills lots of police officers before he is caught/killed.

This made me laugh...
Quote:
Off the record, I love your new bangs, Mrs. Obama.
Quote:
It's kind of sad I won't be around to view and enjoy The Hangover III. What an awesome trilogy. Todd Phillips, don't make anymore Hangovers after the third, takes away the originality of its foundation. World War Z looks good and The Walking Dead season 3 (second half) looked intriguing. Damn, gonna miss shark week.
Ax2-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Sounds like a movie in the making
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
what's odd is that the news stations like CNN aren't speaking of WHY he's on a "rampage" they won't speak of the case at all (this morning anyway) just now they only touched on it by saying "a lot of people have been wronged but they don't go out shooting people for it" still, no mention of the actual case though

found that interesting

anyone have a link to his posting? i read some excerpts out of The Province but haven't seen the whole thing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
This is going to turn out like the Rampart scandal in the 1990s.
They're going to find a fair bit of corruption but ultimately what is repeatedly called the most corrupt police department in the USA (contending with the NYPD for that title) will continue to be corrupt.

It happened in the the 20s, the 40s and in the 80s and 90s. And its happening today.

While I do believe police forces organizations for good this police force needs a serious review. It seems as if there is a culture of corruption that never leaves the LAPD.

Its made for some great media. Training Day. The Shield. End of Watch. Heat. Southland.
But I'd gladly trade some compelling television to know that there are people out there being treated fairly and protected properly.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
what's odd is that the news stations like CNN aren't speaking of WHY he's on a "rampage" they won't speak of the case at all (this morning anyway) just now they only touched on it by saying "a lot of people have been wronged but they don't go out shooting people for it" still, no mention of the actual case though

found that interesting

anyone have a link to his posting? i read some excerpts out of The Province but haven't seen the whole thing
I linked to it at the end of my post
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
I subscribe to Revscene

He writes hes going to kill all officers and the family members of the ones that wronged him until the courts admit they covered up a police brutality case.
Its amazing how this one mans story has gone viral through the internet and has effected the whole nation.

Main stream media is trying to censor his pro government, anti-gun and media views which I wonder if hes faked.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
That was definitely not the writing of a mentally unstable man.

When your only legal appeal in this country, the police and the courts have failed you, what do you propose? When you know that there will be no justice, what other option is there?

It's a narrow, naive, north american view to assume that there will be justice.. I heard a professor say that when you grow up in a non-north american culture, and your parents are murdered, and your sister is raped, provided you don't believe in a judgement day, the only option for you is to take up the sword yourself. North American views on this are just culturally blinded.

So while I might not agree with what he has chosen to do, it makes more sense that he would do it.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
I subscribe to Revscene

Culturally influenced like Superman and Batman, taking justice into their own hands.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
This is going to turn out like the Rampart scandal in the 1990s.
They're going to find a fair bit of corruption but ultimately what is repeatedly called the most corrupt police department in the USA (contending with the NYPD for that title) will continue to be corrupt.

It happened in the the 20s, the 40s and in the 80s and 90s. And its happening today.

While I do believe police forces organizations for good this police force needs a serious review. It seems as if there is a culture of corruption that never leaves the LAPD.

Its made for some great media. Training Day. The Shield. End of Watch. Heat. Southland.
But I'd gladly trade some compelling television to know that there are people out there being treated fairly and protected properly.
It's scary to think about what life would be like when you can't trust the police to help you. Especially when we come from Canada where...and I say this fully knowing that we've had some police issues of late...I don't think its 'institutional'.

I was reading a few weeks ago about a safe buildings program in New York. What happens is a building owner registers with the police for them to have free access to it, and the police can treat the interior of the building as part of their patrol. If you can't prove that you have reason to be there, ie. id, then you can be arrested for trespassing.

Shockingly, the buildings are all in poorer neighborhoods and have a high ratio of minority residents. None of course, are on the upper east side.

So how can you have a culture of trust when a kids first memories are of the police hassling them outside their own door?

FUCK...America...you just have SO many problems.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #22
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Appears LAPD want him dead rather than take him to court. He has a lot of info that citizens don't know about the police force, and if that info comes out, shits gonna hit the fan. If you have time, read his manifesto and you'll see his side. Not condoning his actions, but he has a point to all this.
Posted via RS Mobile
tr0ubl3s0m3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
He will commit suicide before ever being taken in.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #24
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Like a baws
Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #25
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Just read the manifesto. I'm interested is finding out the information he called journalists to look for against the LAPD.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote