REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
RS controls my life!

street closed pizza boy, find another way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Go home pizza boy, the roads closed.
Advertisement
MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
I don't get it

this doesnt surprise me one bit. i live in belcarra and the majority of resident are old and have been here forever. ive been yelled at more than once by old guys for doing 60k in a 50 k zone lol (and thats in my truck not some loud ass civic) so no surprise at all residents look for reasons to cause trouble. best bet is to stay out at night
2007 civic si coupe turbo with 535whp on the mustang dyno (sold)
2010 Dodge ram 1500 quad cab slt (sold)
2003 j's racing s2000 comptech supercharged (parted)
2008 civic si coupe (traded)
2006 toyota 4runner limited (traded)
92 civic eg hatch turbo d16 11.7 quarter (parted)
90 eagle talon (rip)
89 toyota celica gts (sold)
08civicsi_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #28
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I think he's worried that because he might be flagged as a "street racer" the cops will have more incentive to impound his car vs. someone who isn't flagged. OP can correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct, that's the right idea.
Aaron604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #29
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08civicsi_coupe View Post
this doesnt surprise me one bit. i live in belcarra and the majority of resident are old and have been here forever. ive been yelled at more than once by old guys for doing 60k in a 50 k zone lol (and thats in my truck not some loud ass civic) so no surprise at all residents look for reasons to cause trouble. best bet is to stay out at night
Ah...problem solved. No more going back on that road to disturb the old folks that's for sure.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #30
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmvito View Post
A few years back, me and my buddy stopped at the sev in st. John's. He used to drive a modded b16 eg coupe and I used to drive a modded gsr and we wanted to switch cars from sev to my house in coquitlam. Right after we drove out of sev, an unmarked cop car followed me and another one went in front of me and behind my buddy and we both got pulled over and they started harrasing us saying that we were street racing but we were going 50kmh or slower the whole time. I think port moody cops just like to do random checks every now and then. You shouldn't have a problem with that record though.
Got it...I guess Port Moody officers are just a little more sensitive about this whole "street racing" thing then.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
in a way yes. If they see a lowered vehicle or HID's on a car, specially with an N they will follow you. Port Moody cops are pathetic time wasters. I learned fast when I had my civic, if I was being followed by and officer do not turn on any corners, keep doing the speed limit and wait for them to fuck off. If you make any turn I learned quick they would pull you over for no reason and ask a couple questions.

I just try and avoid port Moody in low volume traffic where they have room to follow you.
Posted via RS Mobile
TjAlmeida is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #32
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
OP....not very much Because they spoke to you, you were entered on Prime as an "entity", as were your vehicles. Thery wrote that they spoke with you and that nothing was witnessed or proved so you were sent on your way. If you or your car get checked on the Prime computer system in the future the original file will pop up. That's it.

When an officer stops a car he may not always have an MDT in front of him and instead waits for dispatch to respond with PRIME history, etc... When dispatch reads back the number PRIME entries a person has, how does that affect the officer's decision on how to proceed with the stop?

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Depends on what the previous record is, what it is for, how it relates to why you were stopped....and if you are holding up his Timmys visit.
If I stopped someone with an extensive record, specially for the same thing I just stopped them for...then my writing hand got twitchy real quick. There are 3 spaces on every VT and 25 per book...and most shifts are 10-12 hours long. Go figger.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #34
I subscribe to Revscene

The officer isn't always provided with the details of the PRIME entries unless he's reading it on the MDT, correct?

So if you were to stop someone and the dispatcher read back "6 entries on PRIME", how would that affect your opinion of the driver? You don't know if it's a bad person with lots of police contact, or a good person who has reported suspicious activity in his/her neighbourhood several times.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I think he's worried that because he might be flagged as a "street racer" the cops will have more incentive to impound his car vs. someone who isn't flagged. OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

I also think there's more to this story. A couple of my friends routinely went driving through multiple residential areas of Port Moody and were never bothered. Both cars had loud exhausts and were fairly flashy (by North American standards). Neither of them was ever bothered for it. The only time I ever recall someone in our house having a "run in" with Pomo Police, is when the marker lights on my brother's fc weren't working. And all he was issued was a 7 day fix and show. So you can't paint all the Pomo police with the same brush.

Show me something that's Canadian and it'll have more weight imo. American =/= Canada (except Toronto).
just because you drove around in the same area doesn't mean much... All it takes is ONE person to call the police and "complain" about something, to have police followup and see what is going on.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #36
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
When an officer stops a car he may not always have an MDT in front of him and instead waits for dispatch to respond with PRIME history, etc... When dispatch reads back the number PRIME entries a person has, how does that affect the officer's decision on how to proceed with the stop?
not all PRIME entries will contain traffic violations. If a police officer wanted to know info on the driver with respect to his/her driving record, they would get it through their BCDL record.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #37
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj.GSR View Post
in a way yes. If they see a lowered vehicle or HID's on a car, specially with an N they will follow you. Port Moody cops are pathetic time wasters. I learned fast when I had my civic, if I was being followed by and officer do not turn on any corners, keep doing the speed limit and wait for them to fuck off. If you make any turn I learned quick they would pull you over for no reason and ask a couple questions.

I just try and avoid port Moody in low volume traffic where they have room to follow you.
Posted via RS Mobile

quote on the "pathetic time waster" they said we were wasting their time.. .. and that undercover was following us for the past 4-5 streets and we were driving 60!.. yea... street race at 60km/hr.. we are soo cool...
kouga633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #38
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Depends on what the previous record is, what it is for, how it relates to why you were stopped....and if you are holding up his Timmys visit.
Drive to timmies and buy them a coffee and sweet ring then.
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote