REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #176
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Lol it's always the same couple of refs making terrible calls. They're supposed to be "senior refs", too.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #177
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYP#11 View Post
Thanks, ya our whole team played some of their best hockey yesterday. Props to you guys for not looking for fights like 90% of the teams in this league when the score was a little out of hand at the end.

Looks like you guys were missing your leading scorer too and there was that goal at the end that randomly wasn't counted or it could've been a lot closer.
I found the past couple years whether PICH or VIHL it's starting to get out of hand where players want to/trying to start shit either during or after the game. This itself has completely turned my interest off from Roller.

Quote:
The Hawks are one of the dirtiest teams I've ever played in my 22 years of playing hockey so no surprise. Nearly lost a couple teeth playing them. Blame has to go on the refs partially though for thinking, and literally telling me, that cheap shotting is part of the game. I'd rather not play NHL playoff rules for low-div roller hockey when I have work/life the next day.

And you have to be a total bitch to challenge and wait for guys in the parking lot after a roller hockey game. I'd probably wait in the dressing room too. Who would want to go to jail for something so stupid. Leave it on the ice/concrete.

Last nights blowout was due to us playing like shit, haha! Decimated roster where over half the guys are all subs who only played at the beginning of the year and there was only 4 regulars. Then 10 minutes in 1 of our Dman playing on an injured ankle re-injures it. Our leading scorer was out with injured goin (ironically against Hawks who was all class and mocked him when he went down) . That no goal was a goal. I saw it over the line as I skated by your goalie after I made that pass to my guy. We all thought it counted and just skated off without much thought. That missed call and the other where the puck blatantly hit our goalie mask and play wasn't stopped which 10 sec later you guys scored was terrible misplays by the refs. The ONLY call they did right last night was to call coincidental minors on me and your guy who slashed/poked our goalies glove.

I also have to give you props for not showboating/making a big deal after you completely undressed me one-on-one. I thought I had you....till I saw you behind me scoring...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
You play on the Hornets? What number are you?

Looking forward to playing against team sp on Thursday
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah..lol. I'm #14.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #178
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboi1 View Post
So you still didn't explain what the ref said
Well basically, the ref told us to stop playing so rough and gave us warnings for for pushing and shoving players in front of the net. We ignored his warnings because it's so retarded and we got penalties for it near the end. I don't think any defenseman or goalie would let the other team stand in front of the net without a little bit of pushing.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #179
Big Drama Show

Never had a problem with the Hawks. I remember we blew them out one game, and one of their players looked at me with 5 seconds left and said "good game, bro"

Team SP plays pretty chippy. One of their guys finished a check on me along the boards and I was no where near the puck.

As for pushing/shoving in front of the net...it's understandable that you need to initiate contact in order to get the opposing player out of your goalie's line of sight, but at the same time, two hand cross checking and slashing in rec league is overboard, IMO
Old 07-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #180
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
If you don't want penalties for clearing people in front, just get right up against the guy and start skating, taking him with you. You're close enough to look like it's incidental contact and not hitting them. You might even rustle a jimmy or two if he thinks you're trying to hump him. Most guys in that league would bolt in a second.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #181
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
Well basically, the ref told us to stop playing so rough and gave us warnings for for pushing and shoving players in front of the net. We ignored his warnings because it's so retarded and we got penalties for it near the end. I don't think any defenseman or goalie would let the other team stand in front of the net without a little bit of pushing.
So how is it the dumb ref's fault when he told you and gave you warnings and you decided that's it's retarded to follow the rules? Enough said
bomboi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #182
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
If you don't want penalties for clearing people in front, just get right up against the guy and start skating, taking him with you. You're close enough to look like it's incidental contact and not hitting them. You might even rustle a jimmy or two if he thinks you're trying to hump him. Most guys in that league would bolt in a second.
lol that's what I do

but I wouldn't mind if HYP #11 tried humping me

nohomer
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #183
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
6thGear. is the plug of the hornets. true story
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #184
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Seems like everyone here are on Iron 2 lol. i think hyp will take iron 2 playoffs this year. thought hawks did beat them once in regular season. not sure if all their top scorers played that game though
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #185
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
6thGear. is the plug of the hornets. true story
What the....@*#*@#!! Lol.
Posted via RS Mobile
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #186
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Punishers have some dirty players. Our guys getting cross checked right in front of the goalie and ref, no call but we get called for some weak BS. Reffing this year blows. They can't get calls or stats right
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #187
Mod.

a lot of refs won't make those calls when you're fighting for space infront of the net. just push back. i once asked a ref about that 2 years ago and he told me that our dmen were doing the same so how can he call it when i get cross checked but not them
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #188
Big Drama Show

I once got my glove hooked off my hand, went for the puck and got a penalty for illegal equipment.

Some of these refs are fcking morons.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #189
Mod.

technically speaking you can't play the puck without your gloves.....
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #190
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
The problem for him was that his glove only came off cause he got hooked. Ref saw that and didn't call, but instead called the no glove play.
Posted via RS Mobile
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #191
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
I never knew that rule until a recent game where a player on my team was going for the puck without a glove and the ref yelled at him not to. I don't agree with the rule, but it isn't a big deal.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #192
Big Drama Show

Quote:
I understand the rule, but I was puzzled as to how the ref didn't call the blatant hook. He even implied I tossed my glove off to draw a penalty. What made it worse is how I got called for a trip when the opposing player stepped on my shaft (nohomo) earlier in the game.

ok.jpg
Old 07-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #193
Mod.

technically speaking if a player steps on your stick it is your fault....lol
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #194
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
The Hawks are one of the dirtiest teams I've ever played in my 22 years of playing hockey so no surprise. Nearly lost a couple teeth playing them. Blame has to go on the refs partially though for thinking, and literally telling me, that cheap shotting is part of the game. I'd rather not play NHL playoff rules for low-div roller hockey when I have work/life the next day.

And you have to be a total bitch to challenge and wait for guys in the parking lot after a roller hockey game. I'd probably wait in the dressing room too. Who would want to go to jail for something so stupid. Leave it on the ice/concrete.
Dirtiest team? You guys took 9 penalties before the scrum at the end of the game. You guys set the tone. Ask and you shall receive.
soymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #195
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #196
Big Drama Show

Quote:
I'll keep that in mind for the next time we play you guys
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #197
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilk View Post
Dirtiest team? You guys took 9 penalties before the scrum at the end of the game. You guys set the tone. Ask and you shall receive.
LOL

#10 (or maybe #11, can't remember) two-hand hacked me three times in the opening 10 seconds, literally. Twice across the wrists and one on the ankles so I came back and gave him one on the stick, 2 minutes for me. Ref tells me his were 'legal slashes'. Because of that, #10 continued chopping trees the whole game, didn't even bother trying to play defense. He also hit me in the teeth once, cutting me up pretty bad, no call of course.

#18 took a full out charge and leap at me in the corner, bounced off and fell down. I tripped over him then pushed off the back of his helmet to get up, 2 minutes for me (fair, but he should've got at least 2 as well). Later I took another stick to the mouth opening a second cut, no call.

Finally at the end, #10 is in alone I hit the top of his blade with my stick and knock the puck loose, 2 minutes for me somehow. Then out of nowhere #18 comes in with the biggest flying elbow I've ever seen right to the mouth, opening yes, a third cut. I come back and face wash him for a good 5 seconds and toss him down with one hand. He comes up and starts throwing wild haymakers, missing every time and all hell breaks loose.

Just a recap of the game for those who missed it. And those were just the infractions involving me.

Last edited by HYP#11; 07-18-2013 at 02:57 AM.
HYP#11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #198
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
This is how I always get tripping penalties called against me. Fucker always steps on my stick and dives
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #199
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

anybody need a goalie this weekend? just throwin it out there
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #200
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Lower div roller is srz business
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: