REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   "Artificial Earthquake" detected in North Korea (https://www.revscene.net/forums/680379-artificial-earthquake-detected-north-korea.html)

Culverin 02-11-2013 10:25 PM

"Artificial Earthquake" detected in North Korea

http://i.imgur.com/Lpn2OkT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qERsThs.jpg

Feed: North Korea | Page 3 | Liveblog live blogging | Reuters.com

Location: 41.3 degrees Latitude. 129.0 degrees Longitude. Depth 0KM. The quake location is congruent with previous 2 NK nuclear test locations.

Est. 6-7 kilotons.

Excelsis 02-11-2013 10:37 PM

inb4 ww3

Spoiler!

mac25 02-11-2013 10:53 PM

bet the americans and chinese gave them help so both nations have another excuse to us fear to control their nations and the world by proxy.

El Bastardo 02-11-2013 10:55 PM

EDIS calls it an 'unusual geological event'

4.9 on the Richter scale near Sungjibaegam.

It also lists a "Suspected Underground Nuclear Explosion" in North Korea's Kilju County Punggye-ri nuclear test site.

Don't those assholes know that its not 1956 anymore?

RSOE EDIS - Unusual geological event in North Korea on Tuesday, 12 February, 2013 at 04:00 (04:00 AM) UTC. EDIS CODE: UGE-20130212-38188-PRK

RSOE EDIS - Preliminary Earthquake Report in Sungjibaegam, Yanggang-do, North Korea

EmperorIS 02-11-2013 10:59 PM

Here we go boys. Get'em!

bcedhk 02-11-2013 11:15 PM

pretty sure they S/N and other nations will just utter threats and then die down a month later

StylinRed 02-11-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8157635)
North Korea just tested another Nuke

ooooh

Why aren't there any conspiracies about how North Korea is where the war on the reptilian race is going on and so the media/world are kept out of the loop by coming up with the story that its just a backwards commie/dictatorship?

hmm i think i just started something :D

:)

rsx 02-12-2013 12:02 AM

No one's gonna do shit. It's just another round of sanctions.

Being a nuclear nation has its perks. It definitely reduces the chance of your nation being invaded

urrh 02-12-2013 12:22 AM

north korea is like one of those shitty little yappy dogs.
time to send out a drone to attack the only fat guy in north korea

Yodamaster 02-12-2013 12:31 AM

Obtaining nuclear weaponry is an excellent way of making sure people take you seriously, it's also an excellent way of getting yourself glassed.

I'm counting on North Korea realising that a nuclear war against the south would mean that a gigantic foreign ICBM named "fuck you" would be headed directly at them.

Graeme S 02-12-2013 01:25 AM

The unfortunate truth about this conflict is that about 70% of each nation is within range of conventional non-ballistic (that is to say, artillery) fire. Seoul could be razed within an hour or two with sustained fire, and there could be literally millions of civilian casualties within an hour.

Any war is, unfortunately, South Korea's to lose.

Vansterdam 02-12-2013 02:14 AM

nuclear launch detected
Posted via RS Mobile

rsx 02-12-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme S (Post 8157735)
The unfortunate truth about this conflict is that about 70% of each nation is within range of conventional non-ballistic (that is to say, artillery) fire. Seoul could be razed within an hour or two with sustained fire, and there could be literally millions of civilian casualties within an hour.

Any war is, unfortunately, South Korea's to lose.

That is if Nkorea has everything prepped. US satellites can spot movement and mobilization. Any perceived threat and Skorea and the West would get the green light for aerial bombardment. Shocking and aweing the shit out of them.

Razor Ramon HG 02-12-2013 06:36 AM

NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

A 6-7kt nuclear bomb's blast radius is actually smaller than I thought.

EmperorIS 02-12-2013 06:43 AM

dat tsar bomb :sweetjesus:

murd0c 02-12-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8157768)
NUKEMAP by Alex Wellerstein

A 6-7kt nuclear bomb's blast radius is actually smaller than I thought.

I just blew up Surrey :fuckyea:

Now I have no home :okay:

TheKingdom2000 02-12-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8157765)
That is if Nkorea has everything prepped. US satellites can spot movement and mobilization. Any perceived threat and Skorea and the West would get the green light for aerial bombardment. Shocking and aweing the shit out of them.

I was wondering about this as well. I totally agree that pretty much any nation could bombard the shit out of N. Korea, but what about all the innocent civilians that would die?

Surely the UN wouldn't allow it?

rsx 02-12-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 8157777)
I was wondering about this as well. I totally agree that pretty much any nation could bombard the shit out of N. Korea, but what about all the innocent civilians that would die?

No choice unfortunately. The rationale would be an immediate and total destruction of NKorean military installations and personnel.

Rumor has it most of their monuments are rigged with explosives too just in case they get invaded.

CharlieH 02-12-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

what are they gonna do, write them an angry letter?

Glove 02-12-2013 08:29 AM

you guys care too much,

just give me a sweet ipad, and the latest lindsay lohan gossip,

and let the koreans kill themselves

RacePace 02-12-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Yes, N. Korea has enough artillery aimed at Seoul to level it very quickly

twitchyzero 02-12-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

United Nations :lawl:

JoshuaWong 02-12-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacePace (Post 8157818)
Yes, N. Korea has enough artillery aimed at Seoul to level it very quickly

I read a report by the UN/US a while ago about the possible war scenario. To put it simply, the forecast went something like this:

N. Korea would basically demolish Seoul in a time frame of 15-30 min and push south and by the time the US scramble from Okinawa it would be at least 20min and by then S. Korea would be in ruins. Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, a former US army commander in Korea, stated that the US army in Korea would be destroyed in less than three hours.

That was the scenario they came up with, dunno how accurate it is now.

Pretty much lose lose for Koreans.

North Korea is one of the few nations that can engage in a total war with the United States. The US war planners recognize this fact. For example, on March 7, 2000, Gen. Thomas A Schwartz, the US commander in Korea at the time, testified at a US congressional hearing that “North Korea is the country most likely to involve the United States in a large-scale war.”

North Korea, which can and is willing to face up to the sole military superpower of the world, cannot be called a weak nation. Nevertheless, Western press and analysts distort the truth and depict North Korea as an “impoverished” nation, starving and on the brink of imminent collapse. An impoverished, starving nation cannot face down a military superpower. Today few nations have military assets strong enough to challenge the US military. Russia, though weakened by the collapse of the Soviet Union, has enough assets to face up to the US. China, somewhat weaker than Russia, too, has strong military that can challenge the US. However, both Russia and China lack the political will to face down the US.

North Korea - 1.6 million self defense unit, 100,000 people's guard, 3.9 million militia, 900,000 youth guard, on top of the 1.1 million active army personnel with an addition 8.2 million reserve.

Basically the entire N Korea is a war machine hone and prepped and mind washed for the last 50 years. The US have a lot to lose, and I don't think N Korea give a damn even if they trade blows and turn continental US/Korea into a giant smoking rubble.

El Bastardo 02-12-2013 11:07 AM

North Korea teams with its communist bros, China to take on the western capitalist nations. World War 3 confirmed before Half Life 3

Yodamaster 02-12-2013 03:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tf2dvxF.gif