REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: vancovuer
Posts: 96
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
car to 2 go and other car sharing

anyone here used car 2 go or modo ....those car sharing programs and how is it? i'm thinking of getting one

also i have a insurance joint plan with parents and if i use their insurance for rental car for a day would it show up later on in the paper
Advertisement
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
 
nabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: vancouver
Posts: 5,526
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,061 Posts
you can't use their insurance without their permission iirc. however you can just get rental car insurance for yourself from ICBC for 15/day i think. They will give you a paper and it's not attached to your regular insurance in any way, its independant.
__________________
.

Looking for something to do tonight? ====> OFFICIAL MUSIC EVENTS CALENDAR

Spoiler!
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
RS.net Licensed Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,793
Thanked 149 Times in 132 Posts
I have Car 2 Go. Everything is included. You need to have a real drivers licence and not an N.
__________________
Overseas Auto

210 E 4th at Main
Vancouver BC V5T 1G5
Telephone - 604 879 6288
Email jim@overseas-auto.com
Toll Free - 1 800 665 5031


Text 604-836-7278

http://www.overseas-auto.com
http://www.piaalights.com
http://www.weberjets.com
http://www.brightsourcehid.com

MSN Messenger z5551212@hotmail.com

We take Interac, Cash, Visa, MC, Amex,

Open 8-5 Monday to Friday, 11-1 Saturday


We have been supplying quality accessories, parts, tires, wheels for 51 years.
Overseas Auto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,825
Thanked 4,538 Times in 1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overseas Auto1 View Post
I have Car 2 Go. Everything is included. You need to have a real drivers licence and not an N.
False, you do NOT need to have a Class 5 to be eligible. A Class 7N is enough, but you must have at least 3 years of driving experience.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
I don't get it
 
Ver.Mitsubishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 420
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
just take transit
Ver.Mitsubishi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,165
Thanked 18,401 Times in 3,972 Posts
Having the option to take car2go over transit is a massive benefit. You ever try to get to work when you are running late for transit, you can save yourself massive headaches. Not to mention grocery shopping, and other errands that are a fucking nightmare to deal with a busy bus. My wife uses it. Whenever she works night shifts or anything that makes the bus less than ideal she uses it and its pretty reasonable cost wise.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: vancovuer
Posts: 96
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Having the option to take car2go over transit is a massive benefit. You ever try to get to work when you are running late for transit, you can save yourself massive headaches. Not to mention grocery shopping, and other errands that are a fucking nightmare to deal with a busy bus. My wife uses it. Whenever she works night shifts or anything that makes the bus less than ideal she uses it and its pretty reasonable cost wise.
you wife usues it for night shift. that pretty expensive hey to just get car to drive and drive back home. yes or no
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 AM   #8
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: vancovuer
Posts: 96
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
you guys tried thoe other car sharing company called modo and how are they. cheaper?
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,165
Thanked 18,401 Times in 3,972 Posts
Well it's cheaper to drive the car to work and back home than it is to go cruise around in it. You pay by driving time. Like a cab.
Posted via RS Mobile
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,373
Thanked 1,299 Times in 535 Posts
Love car2go, perfect for trips to areas of town where there's only Permit/Except for Residents parking/expensive meter parking as you get to park in those spots in addition to the many parking lots they have designated spots for. It also works perfectly for nights out i.e. drive down to downtown or wherever you're drinking, then cab or bus home. They had a promo in December/January where if you donated money for KidStart through them it worked out to about $0.11 a minute as opposed to the $0.38/minute regularly. Just wouldn't suggest using it during rush hour or on long trips if you already have a car.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang766 View Post
you guys tried thoe other car sharing company called modo and how are they. cheaper?
I looked into these a while ago. Modo, zipcar, car2go.

To save you the trouble, I found that Car2go is the most convenient one.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Gtrr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 655
Thanked 469 Times in 109 Posts
i have used car2go when ever i visit Vancouver, i take the west coast express to downtown then me and the girl will walk around down town then hop on a car2go to Commercial st for eats then hop on a car2go head to Oakridge mall for some shopping and visit her parents which is 5 blocks away then used the same car2go back to downtown.

If i was to drive my truck from Mission to Downtown and around Vancouver it will cost me $70 on gas give or take (i have a lifted truck with 37's) + wear and tear on my truck + parking fees. having the option of car2go is awesome cheap and very convenient.


my friends lives in Richmond and they took the skytrain too langara stop hops on a car2go to meet us at Stanley park for picnic.
__________________
RB26DETT - Inline-6 Twin-Turbo Charged kazitorii tuned
JUN/NISMO/GReddy built motor cars ltd.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #13
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,692
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
+1 for car2go. LUVZ it like the girl i love on valentines day
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: vancovuer
Posts: 96
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrr33 View Post
i have used car2go when ever i visit Vancouver, i take the west coast express to downtown then me and the girl will walk around down town then hop on a car2go to Commercial st for eats then hop on a car2go head to Oakridge mall for some shopping and visit her parents which is 5 blocks away then used the same car2go back to downtown.

If i was to drive my truck from Mission to Downtown and around Vancouver it will cost me $70 on gas give or take (i have a lifted truck with 37's) + wear and tear on my truck + parking fees. having the option of car2go is awesome cheap and very convenient.


my friends lives in Richmond and they took the skytrain too langara stop hops on a car2go to meet us at Stanley park for picnic.
cant you just skyrain from dwtn to commerical to oakridge and skytrain to oakridge to dwtn???? just a thought. how much is it for car2go for this whole trip . i guessing 30 bucks or more
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: vancovuer
Posts: 96
Thanked 28 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
+1 for car2go. LUVZ it like the girl i love on valentines day
but hard to have sex with girl since you cant recline the seats. hehehe those smarts cars are so small
mustang766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #16
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: van
Posts: 499
Thanked 174 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Love car2go, perfect for trips to areas of town where there's only Permit/Except for Residents parking/expensive meter parking as you get to park in those spots in addition to the many parking lots they have designated spots for. It also works perfectly for nights out i.e. drive down to downtown or wherever you're drinking, then cab or bus home. They had a promo in December/January where if you donated money for KidStart through them it worked out to about $0.11 a minute as opposed to the $0.38/minute regularly. Just wouldn't suggest using it during rush hour or on long trips if you already have a car.
So i can drive really really fast to save money?
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Alby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,035
Thanked 2,017 Times in 457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noventa View Post
So i can drive really really fast to save money?
please dont for the sake of others
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
westopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,165
Thanked 18,401 Times in 3,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noventa View Post
So i can drive really really fast to save money?
Lol honestly, its such a flawed system. Thats why most car2go drivers on the road are aggressive fucking morons, that usually have their highbeams on.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,373
Thanked 1,299 Times in 535 Posts
Car2Go Vancouver: Free Registration & 30 Minutes of Drive Time

Promo code: CUPID
Posted via RS Mobile
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #20
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,385
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
In case anybdoy is interested, Car2Go just recently expanded their home area to Richmond!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,373
Thanked 1,299 Times in 535 Posts
Also now has airport drop-off/shuttle

car2go is Awesome | YVR Airport Parking
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #22
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 604
Posts: 505
Thanked 465 Times in 125 Posts
Include all of Burnaby pls Car2go
jjson is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #23
I am Hook'd on RS
 
hedonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 51
Thanked 42 Times in 13 Posts
+1 For Burnaby!!!!!!!
hedonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #24
My homepage has been set to RS
 
dachinesedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,063
Thanked 1,076 Times in 386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol honestly, its such a flawed system. Thats why most car2go drivers on the road are aggressive fucking morons, that usually have their highbeams on.
i agree! theres gotta be a better way of billing

im guilty of driving like a maniac trying to save money
dachinesedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #25
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
corollagtSr5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,048
Thanked 1,028 Times in 287 Posts
Free Registration And 45 Mins + Free Drive Time
BK2BK02211

Signed up for fun. Might come in handy one day.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net