REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
ford warranty

quick rundown here:

last year i bought a 2010 lariat f150.

my warranty expired on january 26 2013.

in december 2012, right when i noticed i had a leak, i had them fix the leak which was comming in from the antenna on on the roof that was causing water to come into the truck through the handle on the passenger side pillar that helps you get into the truck. i had the leak fixed within 3 days of first noticing it while i was driving several hours every day.

ive got medical reasons now so i havent driven the truck since then.

yesterday my dad needed to use my truck, we got in, water was everywhere, comming out from the same spot as before, and mold was growing on the seatbelts and the carpet.

i called ford to bitch at them, but the best they could say was "we'll have a manager call you on monday".

anyone know what i can expect here??? is there anyway i could be able to re extend my warranty?? its been less than 3 weeks since its been up...and ive serious health issues as is...the last thing i need is to have mold thrown in my face when i sit in my own vehicle. i paid to have something fixed and they clearly didnt fix it...total bullshit.
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
They should fix it again. They obviously didn't properly repair it the first time.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

This is a common problem with these trucks. You might want to also check out the third brake light on the back of the cab. Water gets in from there as well. Check if there is condensation inside the light fixture. I have an 2009 platinum and i had water leaking from both places.
RENAGADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENAGADE View Post
This is a common problem with these trucks. You might want to also check out the third brake light on the back of the cab. Water gets in from there as well. Check if there is condensation inside the light fixture. I have an 2009 platinum and i had water leaking from both places.
will check.

but im wondering what they'll do towards billing me for this since its no longer under the warranty?

they "fixed" it while it was under, now its not by 3 weeks...are they going to charge me up the a$$ for something they didnt fix in the first place? now that theres mold growing in the truck...i shouldnt have to go out and waste my money buying a shit load of cleaning products for something that resulted from them not doing a proper job the first time.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
As long as the problem was documented BEFORE the warranty ended, your still covered if it's the same thing.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

^^^yes...if you tried to get it fixed before or complained about the problem and a repair order was opened, thn they should/will fix it.
hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

if you had the repair done in december 2012, and its the same problem, then it should be under the repairs warranty. Most dealership service departments offer 1 year warranty on their parts and workmanship.

I know bmw has a 2 years warranty on their parts and labour. When my dad bought his bmw 530xi touring, the cars keyless entry stopped worked a week after we got the car, and the original warranty was expired. We had all the records and it showed that the diversity antenna was replaced 2 times already under the original warranty, but the last time it was replaced by the dealer was a year ago. I was able to get the problem looked after under the bmw's parts and workmanship warranty.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
repeat concern under 1 year (or whatever ford has set up for comebacks)

standard warranty applies to new issues within warranty period. if its the same issue, and wasnt fixed the first time, then its considered a "comeback".

the original fix was done dec 2012 you said, so just a 2 to 3 months ago. no need to have manager look at it. there should be a policy in place for "comebacks" especially if its a comeback withing 1 years time of the original fix. some manufactuers might have a different policy, but cant see it being too short of a time span.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #9

so the manager called me today.

says if the leak is from the antenna, they'll fix it.

but if its from the sunroof, then im on my own.

as for the mold growing, he tried to tell me that mold doesnt grow in wet conditions...it can start from eating or drinking in your car...LOL...maybe if i spilled on the floor it could...but i dont even eat or drink in my truck.

so when i go there today, since i work in a construction field type work, i guess ill have to explain to him how mold really grows and starts: moisture + time + above freezing conditions = mold
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

[omg srs post from me]
If you have persistent issues with your Ford dealer, PM me and I can put you in touch with a zone rep.
[/omg srs post from me]
Ronith is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
racing & tech mod.

double post.

Last edited by Rich Sandor; 02-18-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: double post
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
racing & tech mod.

Knowing what I know (worked at a ford dealer for 5 years) I would say don't be surprised if they try to simply change the seal again and that's it. Don't expect that your carpets and trim are going to be replaced with new ones.

What I suggest is that you insist that during the second repair, BEFORE they put everything back together, you are allowed to inspect the interior to ensure it has dried and that there is no smell coming from that area. If the side curtain airbag is soaked, or the lower carpet is soaked or still wet.. it's gonna start stinking in a few months. If they refuse to replace it, at least get them to run an Ozone machine in the truck for a day or two with the interior in that area exposed. Ozone machines are usually used to remove ciggy smells from used cars, but it also KILLS mold. (unless there has been serious mold growth, in which case it needs to be physically removed, because the ozone machine alone won't remove that.. and dead mold can turn into formaldehyde.)

It's unlikely the leak is coming from the sunroof, as I'm pretty sure the overflow drain cannot empty in such a manner that the A-pillar drips. It's the satellite antennae 100% of the time. The other common leak is the rear brake light, but again that leaks in the back, not at the A-pillar.

By the way, I own a 2011 F150 CrewCab XTR with the 5.0L - LOVE LOVE LOVE the truck and had not had a single problem with it after over a year and a half of owning it, towing with it, and even going in mud up to the headlights with it.

Oh, sometimes SYNC locks up if I leave a USB with lots of MP3s on it plugged in the USB port, but I just have to remove it, power off and power on the radio, and its resets. Other than that, the truck is perfect.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #13

Hey Rich, Out of curiosity which ford dealer do you work at?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #14
racing & tech mod.

I used to work at Cam Clark. Just didn't want to sell cars anymore - was starting to get jaded - five years of it was enough for me. LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
I used to work at Cam Clark. Just didn't want to sell cars anymore - was starting to get jaded - five years of it was enough for me. LOL.
I don't blame. I remember dealing with a Rich/Richard who was a sales manager at Coastal ford in the fall, That's why i was curious.