REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Geely might buy Fisker

Geely seen as Fisker's preferred purchaser
Shanghai Daily, February 19, 2013

China's Zhejiang Geely Holding Group is favored to secure a majority stake in troubled US electric car maker Fisker Automotive, according to two sources familiar with Fisker's search for a strategic investor or partner.

Fisker, the Anaheim-based plug-in hybrid maker, is currently weighing bids from two Chinese auto makers: Geely, the owner of Sweden's Volvo, and Dongfeng Motor Group Co.

The interest in Fisker reflects China's strong push into alternative fuel cars as it seeks to foster the green technology sector and clear the increasingly polluted skies of its cities.

The knowledgeable individuals said both offers, which Fisker received in the last three weeks, were worth between US$200 million and US$300 million. A deal would give the suitors a majority stake in the southern Californian company, they said.

The sources, who are close to Fisker, said Geely appeared to be the preferred suitor.

Fisker's corporate leaders and their advisers believe Geely is "more serious" and "passionate" about Fisker and its technology, one of the individuals said.

The Hangzhou-based company also "can move fast" in making decisions - unlike Dongfeng, whose responsiveness could be hampered by its multi-layered decision-making structure typical in a Chinese state-owned enterprise, according to the source.

That quality is likely to work against Dongfeng, since Fisker is under a tight deadline to find a suitor, he added.

"Most of all, with Geely we're dealing with one decision maker," the individual said, referring to its charismatic founder and chairman, Li Shufu.

Li is also deemed a better suitor due to his experience in making cross-border acquisitions. In 2010, Geely acquired all of Volvo from its previous owner Ford Motor Co.

"Overall, we think Geely is a better fit," the individual said.

The sources noted that Geely had already sent a team of engineers to Anaheim to evaluate Fisker and its technology for battery-powered electric cars with a small gasoline engine used to extend the car's driving range.

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #2

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...91H05G20130218

Fisker Automotive could be bought by China's Geely | Digital Trends
Old 02-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Shanghai Daily, February 19, 2013
lolwut

Electrical cars would be awesome in Chinarrrr assuming they don't catch on fire , help alot with the pollution there.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
lolwut
I think China is 1 day ahead of us
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
yes china is one day ahead of canada, also china automotive companies would buy just about any struggling car company period & they have no idea what to do with it later

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
^ I know damm well chinarrr is a day faster but the most important point is Timpo posted something that isn't 6 months ago.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Cheap china lipo batteries, will be even cheaper now in those fiskers
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
Cheap china lipo batteries, will be even cheaper now in those fiskers
Posted via RS Mobile
Isn't China the worlds main supplier of lithium ion?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I think the actual battery cells are from Japan, but the battery units/casing are put together and built in China. I am speaking for consumer electronics, of course. for an Electric car, the batteries might be made entirely in Japan or something.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
200-300 mill is chump chain for a company like Geely. all they need to do is ask some top rank govnt officials for some 'partnership' and fiskers will throught metro china by nxt year
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote