REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

VPD - Not all cops are out to get you

I just wanted to share, not all cops are out to get you.

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving down kingsway around 1am heading home from gf's place. I knew I was going at least 60-65 but didn't think much of it. I got the red and blue lights in the rear view mirror, and honestly at that point I didn't think much of it, and pulled to the side to let them pass. But unfortunately the cop pulled over behind me.

As soon as I get pulled over, I usually pull out my drivers license immediately and insurance papers to have ready when they approach the vehicle. Also for the safety of the peace officers I usually roll all my windows down (since I have some rear tinted windows) It gives them better visibility and a sense of safety that I don't have anything hiding from them that could put their safety at risk.

I got the usual license and registration request and politely handed it over, the officer spoke to me about my speed saying he paced me at 80 and asked me if I knew the speed limit. I really didn't think I was going 80, probably closer to 65-70 at most.

Then he asked me if I had anything to drink. Unfortunately I just had a beer 45minutes before heading home. And so I told him that.

So right away they tell me to step out and pull out the breathalizer which I complied, since I only had 1 beer and it was 45minutes ago.

We chatted a bit while they were getting it set up, about what I do, etc.

I took the breathalizer and the cop said, he could give me a 24hr suspension, tow my car, pay for impound and storage fees, I'd have to cab home, give me a speeding ticket for going 80. But because I showed common courtesy and was polite to them, he let me off the hook and sent me on my way. Right before that he told me, in exchange for letting me off, which would have easily costed me $300, spend $30 the next day and buy my coworkers some coffee. I gladly oblidged.

We chatted a bit, and I told him I knew a lot of people who are in RCMP & VPD, etc and I understand they're doing their job, and they put their life on the line everyday, the least I could do is make it easier for them.

Anyway, needless to say the next day I bought coffee and muffins for my team at work. And I appreciate the leniency they extended to me.

Anyway, point is, show your common courtesy to Peace officers, when your house has been robbed, or you're in trouble, they're usually the first person you think of calling, you rely on them, the least you can do is put their mind at rest by being polite, courteous of their safety and oblidge to their instruction.
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
I always try to be courteous to them but that's never worked yet.

Doesn't mean I'll stop treating them courteously though!

Glad to hear about your good experience.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

i find that it mostly north van that get your nerve on when they pull you over, even for routine checks. Other rcmp detachment and vpd are much more "chill" when they pull you over. Then again this is my option.
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Vpd is the worse for me.... But if they are treated with respect, they wwill respect you too just like anyone else, my problem is if they show a bit of rudeness u bet ur ass imma mouth off too
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Richmond's is out to get you. I dont even go to Richmond anymore unless it's to the airport.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
So what did you blow?
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
If you didn't blow at least a warn, I don't see why he could have given you a 24 hour suspension.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
Vpd is the worse for me.... But if they are treated with respect, they wwill respect you too just like anyone else, my problem is if they show a bit of rudeness u bet ur ass imma mouth off too
Posted via RS Mobile
never heard of being the bigger man, eh?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #9

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Ofcourse if the cops are nice and courteous then you should be the same back.
Respect is given when respect is shown.

Same goes for cops who show up and start chewing you out, barking down your throat. I've had both kinds and know very well there are 2 sides to any law enforcement.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #10
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
You got the one that's pretending to let you off when you weren't going to get the charges anyway.

You really think if you blew a warn or over he would've let you go? I think he would be held liable for not taking your ass off the road.
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Richmond's is out to get you. I dont even go to Richmond anymore unless it's to the airport.
Posted via RS Mobile
Mmmm not always
I was pulled over for speeding (won't say what I was going but I admit it was pretty bad) by a ghost car
He told me to slow down and be careful on 3 road cuz "a lot of cops patrol this area in ghost cars around this time"
He let me off with a warning. And he was super nice to me saying how it's good to see my N displayed, no extra passenger yatty datty da.

Oh and he was hot too
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
If you didn't blow at least a warn, I don't see why he could have given you a 24 hour suspension.
Unless OP still has his N, then it's zero-tolerance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I got caught in Richmond with no insurance. I had no idea. I should have listened to my wife when she was nagging me to check the mail for a week.

I dont understand to this day Lol. He looked almost sorry he pulled me over. Gave me 30 minutes to run to an insurance place and buy insurance. I came back with news that I couldn't because car wasnt under my name. He just towed me home and spared me the $600.

I actually thanked him as soon as he pulled me over cause I'd rather pay $600 than having to be financially responsible for any possible accidents (oddly enough about 30 min earlier some guy ran a 4 way and I had to slam on brakes).
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #14
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I was stopped in a road check on the Okanagan Connector once coming down the hill into Kelowna. Work van windshield was badly cracked. When the cop asked for my license, I realized that I'd taken it out of my wallet a couple days prior... for the clerk at the cop shop to photocopy for a criminal record check... and I'd left it in the pocket of the coat I was wearing that day.

Fortunately the cop saw the humour in that small irony, asked for my SIN number to look me up (probably checked to see if I'd had the CRC done, to confirm my story), then let me go with a box 3 (gave me 15 days to get the windshield fixed). It could have been a very expensive stop if he'd actually written tickets for the broken glass and failure to produce... worse still if he'd gone box 1, which would have left me stranded in Kelowna at the start of a three-day work trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #15
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
I got a front window tint ticket in Richmond when I didn't have any tint. I was really pissed off cause it was just the factory greenish glass. However, within the week, I made an appointment and talked to the officer and his boss and they looked again and deemed that there was no tint. Wasted my time, but they did do the right thing in the end.

Another situation, I was going 80km/h at around 1 am on Steveston. Got pulled over and I did the common courtesy thing of opening back window cause I do have back window tint and got my driver's license out. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my insurance papers cause I hide them in the car but couldn't find it. Guess I hid it too well. Officer shined his flashlight in the car for me, but I still couldn't find it. So, he went off to write me up. During that time, I found my insurance.

When officer came back, I told him I found the papers and then he took them back to his vehicle again.

After all that, he showed me the ticket for not having valid insurance papers and ripped it up since I did eventually find my papers and gave me a written warning for speeding. I was so happy and thanked him. During the whole process, he was very polite to me and I was polite to him as well. I think I wouldn't have gotten away with just a warning if I wasn't polite to him to start off.

I haven't had any bad experiences with cops yet and hope it stays that way.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
+1, can somebody elaborate? You were also 30 over the limit (assuming 50km/h) so it wouldn't have been excessive.

Just curious if you knew what BAC you blew with 1 beer 45 mins prior?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Unless OP still has his N, then it's zero-tolerance.
if he was an N where there is no tolerance, it would be an immediate 12 hour prohibition, not 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
+1, can somebody elaborate? You were also 30 over the limit (assuming 50km/h) so it wouldn't have been excessive.

Just curious if you knew what BAC you blew with 1 beer 45 mins prior?
excessive is 40+ over the limit.

Last edited by Spidey; 02-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
excessive is 40+ over the limit.
Yes I realize, hence it "wouldn't" have been excessive as he was 30 over.

Didn't realize he was N, I guess that's where he would've get hit with the suspension.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #19
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Yes I realize, hence it "wouldn't" have been excessive as he was 30 over.

Didn't realize he was N, I guess that's where he would've get hit with the suspension.
We don't know if he was an N or not. He never mentioned it. I read your post wrong, and thought you were asking if 30 over was excessive.

Either the OP is stating inaccurate facts of what happened, or the police was trying to scare him.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Ya, just like everything else. Usually they're all good it's the few bad apples that ruin it for everyone else.

Hell, I had a cop let me off for doing donuts once and coulda given me a VI at the same time. He was cool.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Here's my story,

Spend all day fixing my car (replacing relays and whatnot to get signals working)
Finally finish, decide to take it for a spin. Forget my cellphone, wallet, N sign (yes, I'm still an N) sitting on my workbench

Ended up doing a right turn onto oak from 71st, which apparently isn't allowed. Cop pulls me over and I do the usual roll down the back windows/turn on interior lights (5% tint in the rear ontop of factory) so he can see me. Anyways, I was honest with the cop about why I didn't have any ID with me, or even a cell phone. He ended up letting me go with just a failure to produce ID ticket, which was $51 opposed to no N sign + failure to produce + ignoring a sign (which carries points as well).

Looked it up, sign I ignored:

VPD as a whole are pretty chill IMO. A few times I've been DD-ing and had more people than allowed in my car -- cops saw that I was doing a good thing and let me go.
Done a whole lot more stupid shit in cars as a teenager, and as a whole, VPD has always been cool. RCMP almost always gives me a hard time/tickets for trivial crap.
I'm afraid to even turn on my fog lights in richmond because of RCMP lol.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Here's my story,

Spend all day fixing my car (replacing relays and whatnot to get signals working)
Finally finish, decide to take it for a spin. Forget my cellphone, wallet, N sign (yes, I'm still an N) sitting on my workbench

Ended up doing a right turn onto oak from 71st, which apparently isn't allowed. Cop pulls me over and I do the usual roll down the back windows/turn on interior lights (5% tint in the rear ontop of factory) so he can see me. Anyways, I was honest with the cop about why I didn't have any ID with me, or even a cell phone. He ended up letting me go with just a failure to produce ID ticket, which was $51 opposed to no N sign + failure to produce + ignoring a sign (which carries points as well).

Looked it up, sign I ignored:

VPD as a whole are pretty chill IMO. A few times I've been DD-ing and had more people than allowed in my car -- cops saw that I was doing a good thing and let me go.
Done a whole lot more stupid shit in cars as a teenager, and as a whole, VPD has always been cool. RCMP almost always gives me a hard time/tickets for trivial crap.
I'm afraid to even turn on my fog lights in richmond because of RCMP lol.
why do you need your foglights on?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #23
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

my story..

Me and a buddy were spent a couple hours working on his project car. (Drift Skyline) it was running like crab but we wanted to take it around the block. it died half a block away from the house. (It has no plates or Temp permit on it) and we both had left wallets ID etc in the garage.. so we are pushing it, when a cop drives by. He stops and then backs up, and asks us why there is no plates on the car. we explain the situation and he asks for our DL's which we cant produce.

He tells us that we shouldnt drive a car without insurance. however since he didnt see us driving it, well we can carry on. Just dont drive without insurance or DL's again.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #24

i don't have an N sign and i think i blew 0.058, which would be a 24hr right?

Oh and it was probably higher than usual because i had 2 beers at dinner like a few hours before hand

Last edited by dohboi; 02-20-2013 at 08:20 PM.
dohboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #25
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboi View Post
i don't have an N sign and i think i blew 0.058, which would be a 24hr right?
No such thing anymore...