REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Tropical party resorts

A group of friends and I are planning to head somewhere tropical sometime during early May. Does anyone know of any all inclusive party resorts with a younger early 20ish crowd. We were leaning to cancun but have heard it is only really busy during spring break. any feedback is welcome thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Cancun is the best party place you are going to find.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Old School RS

Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,202 Posts
Cancun is good times any day of the season. It might be crazier yet during spring break but if a bunch of you are going, it will be plenty busy.

We stayed at the Riu Palace in Cancun proper and found it to have a pretty good mix of young people, it was not the newest or fanciest but it was probably the most fun I have had there and the rooms and food were good enough to not be a negative.

Mark
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Cancun is where its at!

I just went with 9 guys in January and it was crazy.
we stayed at the grand oasis, which is a little farther from central strip but was known as the party hotel. They had 2 clubs in the resort open to public as well.

We bought a package called the party package and it came with:

1 tix and open bar to a club called THE CITY
1 Tix and open bar to a club/show called COCO BONGO ( wiild party place, basically shoulder to shoulder).
1 all you can drink cruise to a small island where we snorkeled and shopped there.

if the party scene is what you're looking for

then coco bongo and the city is the 2 wildest clubs we went too.

brings lots of $1 bills american to tip because the whole place is ran through tips.
NAM-nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAM-nam View Post
Cancun is where its at!

I just went with 9 guys in January and it was crazy.
we stayed at the grand oasis, which is a little farther from central strip but was known as the party hotel. They had 2 clubs in the resort open to public as well.

We bought a package called the party package and it came with:

1 tix and open bar to a club called THE CITY
1 Tix and open bar to a club/show called COCO BONGO ( wiild party place, basically shoulder to shoulder).
1 all you can drink cruise to a small island where we snorkeled and shopped there.

if the party scene is what you're looking for

then coco bongo and the city is the 2 wildest clubs we went too.

brings lots of $1 bills american to tip because the whole place is ran through tips.
some of my friends are scared of leaving the resort due to the violence through the border towns. i know its happening very far away from cancun but is that anything to be concerned of? did you encounter any shady people? also how was the guy/girl ratio ive heard that its really uneven lol thanks for the input
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #6

there was no problems at all. we didn't go into town where the locals stayed but we stayed around the stripe where all the clubs and bars were which is outside the resort area.

as long as you mind your own business and not start any trouble with the locals they are fine.

we met alot of people from Cuba, Columbia, Mexico City, Brazil and Australia.

we went to the flea market and bargained like crazy and nothing happend.

no trouble whats so ever.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #7

there's always girls around. we met alot of girls who just like us guys went on all girls party trips.

ratio i would say 3-1 guys to girls.

we met alot of ppl trying to sell us weed and other drugs but nothing super shady. just stick together and have fun.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuu View Post
some of my friends are scared of leaving the resort due to the violence through the border towns. i know its happening very far away from cancun but is that anything to be concerned of? did you encounter any shady people? also how was the guy/girl ratio ive heard that its really uneven lol thanks for the input
Go with the hotel. Every night the hotel has a bus that goes to a different club. The cost is $35 to $50 a night that includes entry and table service. You get a bottle of your choice, mix, and glasses. If you want another bottle just tip the server. You have to find your own way back. Went out 6 of the 7 nights we were there. Saw Clinton Sparks play at City. They flew him in from Vegas just for the night. That club is nuts. Better than any Vegas club i have been too. Has a capacity of 5000 people. They alsways have big acts there. Check out there website: The City Cancun